“Great time”

and up
Dominica Shore Excursion: River Tubing Safari
Ranked #6 of 28 Tours in Roseau
Reviewed 2 May 2016

This was to the Titou gorge and hot springs our tour guide Lloyd was great very knowledgeable about the island and it`s heritage.
It was an awesome time and would love to do it another time in the future.

Thanks to Lloyd and our driver very professional and fun to hang with
Adventure of the Seas 4/25/16.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"float"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2016

The 8 seater vans were not quite we expected but as we travelled around the reason for a small vehicle became clear.

We started with the champagne reef. A really nice snorkel finishing with the bubbles created by volcanic activity. Very unusual site. Beach shoes are really useful, and again later in the tour.

About an hour drive which I found interesting before a walk through the rainforest for a swim in the waterfall.

Tour continued with a view of 2 big waterfalls. Bit of a walk over rough ground but shouldn't pose too much of a challenge for anyone of average fitness.

Final stop a swim through a deep gorge to a waterfall that was in a film. A great experience. Bouyancy aids provided.

A long day, lunch included , but really worth it. A fantastic way to see this fantastic island.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

We had a blast... Booked through Celebrity cruise line excursions. There were about 20 people in our group, including 2 younger children (8-9ish yrs old) who completed both portions successfully.
On the first portion, the zipline course was somewhat challenging. The guides were excellent in keeping us hooked up and safe (helmets included) while we tackled tightropes, swinging logs, nets, and zip lines. It requires some upper body strength (I barely qualified as "some" and was sore the next day or two) and I came away feeling like I had challenged myself and succeeded.
The 2nd portion was tubing down a river with some rapids. You are provided with a helmet, life vest, two, and paddle. The guides are terrific in directing you and moving in slow areas. I also tipped over and they were there in a flash to help me.

Bring gym shoes with a little more firmer bottom (helpful on tightropes) and watershoes for tubing. Bug spray too. You will get sweaty and wet.

It was a wonderful adventure and I hope to do it again someday.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

I do want to start by saying the staff was fabulous. They made us feel safe, and did their best to make it fun as well. Maybe river floating is just not my thing. I actually like rivers a lot and do some flyfishing in Michigan. I thought a float through a rain forest would be exciting. Not so much. I'm sure it's partly because the tropical storm in August 2015 did a lot of damage. But the fact of the matter is many of the roads in Dominica carry along side of the rivers. I was not planning on looking at roads on my float. Worse, I was not planning on looking at heavy machinery repairing the roads on my float.