“One day tour from cruuse ship excellent”
Review of Wacky Rollers

and up
Dominica Shore Excursion: River Tubing Safari
Ranked #6 of 28 Tours in Roseau
Reviewed 1 May 2016

The 8 seater vans were not quite we expected but as we travelled around the reason for a small vehicle became clear.

We started with the champagne reef. A really nice snorkel finishing with the bubbles created by volcanic activity. Very unusual site. Beach shoes are really useful, and again later in the tour.

About an hour drive which I found interesting before a walk through the rainforest for a swim in the waterfall.

Tour continued with a view of 2 big waterfalls. Bit of a walk over rough ground but shouldn't pose too much of a challenge for anyone of average fitness.

Final stop a swim through a deep gorge to a waterfall that was in a film. A great experience. Bouyancy aids provided.

A long day, lunch included , but really worth it. A fantastic way to see this fantastic island.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"float"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

We had a blast... Booked through Celebrity cruise line excursions. There were about 20 people in our group, including 2 younger children (8-9ish yrs old) who completed both portions successfully.
On the first portion, the zipline course was somewhat challenging. The guides were excellent in keeping us hooked up and safe (helmets included) while we tackled tightropes, swinging logs, nets, and zip lines. It requires some upper body strength (I barely qualified as "some" and was sore the next day or two) and I came away feeling like I had challenged myself and succeeded.
The 2nd portion was tubing down a river with some rapids. You are provided with a helmet, life vest, two, and paddle. The guides are terrific in directing you and moving in slow areas. I also tipped over and they were there in a flash to help me.

Bring gym shoes with a little more firmer bottom (helpful on tightropes) and watershoes for tubing. Bug spray too. You will get sweaty and wet.

It was a wonderful adventure and I hope to do it again someday.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

I do want to start by saying the staff was fabulous. They made us feel safe, and did their best to make it fun as well. Maybe river floating is just not my thing. I actually like rivers a lot and do some flyfishing in Michigan. I thought a float through a rain forest would be exciting. Not so much. I'm sure it's partly because the tropical storm in August 2015 did a lot of damage. But the fact of the matter is many of the roads in Dominica carry along side of the rivers. I was not planning on looking at roads on my float. Worse, I was not planning on looking at heavy machinery repairing the roads on my float.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Spent a good part of the day with Staline from Wacky Rollers. She took us in an open topped jeep throughout the island. This lady knows her stuff and she does it with pizazz. She is proud of her island and after a tour with her, you'll want to come back to Dominica. The island is beautiful. She taught us of flora, fauna, wildlife, culture and history. Thanks so much for the excellent day!

1  Thank 25,96,982
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2016

My wife and I took a Wacky Rollers tour March 27th 2016. We took a tour of the island visiting several of the islands beautiful waterfalls and mountaintop vistas. The key to our tour was our host "Berky" and driver "Jonathan". Berky was filled with island information from start to finish, making the tour very interesting while Jonathan was working the wheel on the curving mountain roads. We were coming within inches of passing vehicles.
The day was rainy but turned out well due to our guides. Hats off to Berky & Jonathan!