Natty Tropical Valley(Roseau)(Great Value!)
US$ 72
Fort Young Hotel(Roseau)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 232
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe reefsboat captainoctopusgreat divingocean viewwhale watching tourevery morningrum punchlion fishhelpful in arranging toursminute walk from the hoteljust returned from a week longonsite restaurantinteresting fishintimate resortroom was small but cleanfront office
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Castle Comfort is a great diver's hotel. Good location for diving, The shore diving was pretty good, found a bat fish and enjoyed watching the shrimp gobys there. All staff were great, office people were always happy to help, bartenders and wait staff AOK, dive shop personnel were tops.

Room was small but clean, I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that room again. I shared room 7 with a buddy.

The one negative was the food. Menu not bad but somewhat limited. Ordered a beef burger, it came raw in the middle. Ate part, told the staff. Tried again, this time so raw i couldn't eat it at all, they didn't charge me for it and gave me some fries. I survived. Didn't see anything I wanted on the menu so tried the burger a third time, telling the waitress to please make sure it was cooked this time. It came so charged on the outside that it crunched when I tried to eat it, but it was cooked in the middle. Chicken on a salad was so tough I couldn't eat it. Lobster was leathery, Waitress said she asked the chef to talk to us, he never came out of the kitchen.

Cruise ships don't stop on Dominica in June so seemed a lot of businesses were closed and restaurant choices limited.

I would recommend Dominica, can be hard to get to. Diving is on very curvy, mountain roads on the left. Khatt's tours did a good job to and from the airport and on the waterfall tour (arranged thru Castle Comfort office).

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Arienne P, Manager at Castle Comfort Dive Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Hi Perry
I sincerely apologize about your restaurant experience...I will be working with the Chef this week to ensure this does not happen again. We hope that the restaurant experience did not take away from Dominica. We would sincerely love to have you back!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I spent ten days in Dominica with my wife for some epic diving. Kamala, the group leader had coordinated our pickup at the small airport in Dominica. The ride into the resort was picturesque with great views of the lush island interior. We were greeted upon arrival and filled out some paperwork fro our diving. By the time we got into our rooms our bags were waiting for us. The rooms were spacious and clean with a nice sized balcony and an ocean view. The a/c was great and quiet with the choice of using the ceiling fan as well. The on site meals were very good with many additional great restaurant options a $1 bus ride away. Trips into town were about 10 minutes.

The hotel staff is gracious and attentive. They arranged to get me a cake for wife's birthday! Gayle among many others were wonderful.

The dive staff are aces! Brenton, Kevin, Nigel and all the rest were amazing. From on the spot repairs to some of the divers gear, to finding all the cool critters, getting all our gear to and from the boats. They did it all and always with a smile. Just really fun people to be around.

The diving itself is pretty unique in Dominica. Diverse underwater topography, rare critter finds elsewhere are commonplace there. Several octopus, lobsters, gold chain eels, red lipped batfish, spotted drums, puffers, spotted eels, etc. And you could find all that on one shore dive of the dock!

Would definitely go back to Castle Comfort and would definitely return with singledivers. The experience is seemless and no thinking involved, just dive , dive, dive! And isn't that what a dive vacation should be?!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

We love welcoming Single Divers! They are part of our diving family. Come back next year!! thank you for the review!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

The facilities at this place are super for any scuba diver.The rooms are clean and very comfortable. I appreciated the quiet AC and plenty of hot water. The dive center is on site and the staff are very attentive and provide help with gear daily. This was especially nice since I find it more difficult to lug all my 'stuff' from the boat each day as I get older.Not all dive resorts take such good care of your gear.

Room Tip: Room 14 is a lovely view and quiet.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Checked in at 8:00 pm, room ready to go number 16 garden view. A/c worked very well, quite. The ceiling fan really moved the air, if needed. Cleaned everyday, the staff did a good job. Small balcony with 2 chairs. small tv with cable channels.

1  Thank bgdiver1963

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Small hotel catering to scuba divers. Hotel Staff is personable and helpful. Dive staff is first rate and professional. Stay was booked through SingleDivers.com. Pool priveledges at the hotel next door, tho we only used he pool once since we were diving most of the day. Onsite restaurant provided served all three meals daily.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo