The spacious and modern apartment is nice and good located. It offers a great view over the Sea Aquarium and has a beautiful and quiet private beach.
However the list of issues is too long for us to consider going back. Especially as the apartment stays for luxurious accommodation and is expensive. The lack of maintenance has downgraded the apartment massively:
- Housekeeping is available but the quality lacks!
The kitchen for example hasn't been cleaned properly at all. Oven, dishwasher, cutlery, glasses, plates, cups were still dirty and bad smelly. Needed extra cleaning, but unfortunately the housekeeping forgot to provide us necessary cleaning material (sponge, cloth, cleaning supplies etc.) After informing José the cleaners appeared and cleaned again, but not to our satisfaction (using “Ciff” without giving it another wash afterwards isn't sufficient enough).
Finally we had to wash it in the dishwasher again, where we found food leftovers from previous users and realized where the bad smell of most kitchen equipment was coming from. We couldn’t and wouldn’t use it like that!
- The master bathroom is very nice and cozy, but the mold on the ceiling is very irritating as well as not good for anyone’s health. Also you ca not close the shower so you have to clean always after taking a shower and also the plastic baseboard is never been exchange and looks ugly.
- Some items are in bad shape, rusty and isn’t matching with the apartment. It actually is giving it an unnecessary downgrade. Also the ironing equipment is a bit tricky to use as the ironing board left loads of the yellow foam material on the floor and the flat iron, even after cleaning, left fusses allover my white shirt.
- The drawer of the washing machine needs definitely cleaning and the foldout drying rack is rusty and partly broken.
- Someone used the trash without any bag so there where trash leftovers as well as some liquid rests and nobody ever cleaned it.
- There were stains and dirty on the top of the bed as well as on the couch.
- Washing machine drawer, Hair dryer, speaks for it self dirty and never been cleaned.
- The washing rack fell apart because too rusty and not in a usable shape.
- Many items need to be exchange or cleaned deeply once (rusty and not in a good shape), because your apartment is in the Caribbean and this isn’t an excuse it just means that it needs more maintenance than in dryer regions. We already told this Jolanda, but no answers anymore.
- In the water heater we found water left overs from previous guests, as we have no idea for how long it was in there, we didn’t want to touch it at all.
Even after facing the owner with those issues we didn't get a proper answer and our situation got handled badly by the responsible person.
Visual material uploaded in case of interest
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|