All reviews time share grocery store free admission dolphin show mambo beach timeshare week man made island unlimited access full kitchen private beach ocean encounters living room open ocean kiddie pool room facing one bedroom unit fish
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I’m going to start this particular review by saying I am usually pretty easy to please. I do not run to the front desk for every little thing. I don’t ask for much. I reuse my towels. My room is usually cleaner than I receive it, so I most days I do not ask for any type of cleaning. But I have to say I was pretty disappointed with my stay at The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort.

From the moment we walked in, I noted to my husband that there was a funky smell. That funky smell persisted throughout the stay---sort of like a mix of mold and cleaner. I don’t know. Honestly, if you have mold allergies, you might want to think twice. They don’t even try to hide the mold by simply painting over it---it’s just there for you to see. I don’t even want to know what lives above the drop ceiling, which if you leave your balcony door open, you will hear CONSTANTLY moving up and down. We had linens that had stains, our shower mat was covered in---I don’t know---rust---why even give us that one??? We had furniture covered in sand before we came in---makes you question how clean anything was before you got there. The furniture also needs some serious upgrading.

Since we were only two people, it made sense to get the studio, but it wasn’t very functional. The room had a lot of wasted space. The balcony is TINY---crappy furniture and if you’re sitting outside with another person, good luck getting around them if you are not nimble. I did not enjoy being on the first floor and I watched as the same piece of random crap that was laying in the same spot when I got there remained there the entire week. The kitchenette has no sink, and you are reminded multiple times that you must clean the kitchen or you will be charged $75. What a joke---look at the pictures of the disgusting mold and whatever else that exists in the room and they are worried about me not cleaning a few dishes?

The front desk didn’t really inform us of anything. My husband had to ask more than once if we were being moved, since we didn’t arrive on a Saturday. The first time he asked, the person had no idea and seemed confused. My husband asked again the following day, just to make sure we were staying in the same room, since nothing had been mentioned and people didn’t seem so sure. Another day, a manager was speaking to us about some event that had been going on the following day and we didn’t know anything about it. He seemed miffed that the front desk didn’t mention anything.

Eventually we noticed there was an itinerary posted by the garbage and recycling but it could be incorrect and no one would tell you. For example, it said, “Wednesday, 3:30-5:00 PM, Happy Hour at the Pool.” So sure enough, people would walk over and nothing was there. I heard one couple wondering where it was. Another woman saw my husband with a drink and she asked him where the happy hour was and we told her that we just went to the bar in the restaurant (which everyone wants to walk through the dining area to get their drinks in their bathing suits don’t you know) to get the drinks.

The beach area is pretty small but okay. The snorkeling isn’t so bad right off of there. The pools need some maintenance and the first three days that we were there, the pools weren’t cleaned at all. I mean, they were FULL of leaves and whatever else and there aren’t tons of trees around so I guess it just wasn't being done. I would say this resort caters mostly to those with little children or the older crowd. The resort is small and much quieter than the resorts across the way, so it might be good if that’s what you’re looking for in terms of peace and quiet.

I really wanted to like this place. I liked that it was small and that it had some privacy. I liked the area for snorkeling. But unfortunately I was too put off by a few things related to my stay. Honestly, these are not things I should have to tell someone about---yes, if something doesn't work, I would---but these are things that housekeeping and maintenance must see on a daily basis that they choose to ignore.

I would not return if I ever revisit Curacao.

4  Thank einzweidrei
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for taking your time and share your experience with us. Before even attempting to explain the reasons leading to these situations, We would like to sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer satisfaction is something that we take very seriously and would never compromise under any circumstances. Unfortunately, sometimes unavoidable mistakes happen. In such rare cases, a satisfactory solution is always in place and preventable measures are introduced. After a thorough review of your case, We are taking action in order to prevent discomforts and situations like the ones you found in your room.

As an extra measure to our unconditional commitment to customer satisfaction. Even though the pools are cleaned every day we will put special attention to them so we can prevent the contrary image, also we will reinforce our customer service in order to be more efficient in our answers. These precautions will ensure that such errors will not happen again in the future. This would not have been possible without you drawing our attention to your case. We take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which allows us to serve you and other customers better.
We value your trust and hope to retain you as a guest for many years to come.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

we stayed in an apartment with impeccable sea view. the breakfast is served near the pool and you feel the sea breeze. We get tickets to go to the oceanarium. I thought it was small, but well worth the visit. The animals seem well looked after. It has a very quiet private beach and is close to restaurant and bars.

Room tip: apartment with impeccable sea view.
Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Jacqueline O

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We are truly grateful to you for choosing us as your best option for your recent trip to Curacao. As one of our valued guests, it has been a sincere pleasure serving you. We feel very happy that you have enjoyed the enhanced quality of our resort. We will continue our efforts to meet your requirements and expectations in the future as well. Meanwhile, your unwavering support and trust are what gets us out of bed in the morning.
We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

The Sea Aquarium is a great place for a quiet getaway. Only 32 unit, very laid back. Right on the Caribbean look out towards Venezuela. For there older folks nice place to sit and relax. For the millennials the are numerous clubs within walking distance. The island is perfect for drive and the is a dive shop right next door. The Sea Aquarium is also next door with many activities for the entire family. The resort is full service with a restaurant, breakfast by the pool and even a laundry. This is a great place to stay and recharge your battery.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. It has been a pleasure serving you and we feel so happy to know that you have a wonderful time with us. We appreciate your kind words about our resort. The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort takes pride in giving priority to their guests and looking after their needs. Quality and customer service are what distinguish us from others. We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and meet their requirements.
Thank you again for choosing us. Looking forward to having you as one of our valued guests for many years to come.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We there as a week and stay at the resort. The room was clean and we did not have any maintenance issues during our stay. There was some wear in the room from use but overall it was in good shape. Resort grounds were clean and did not have a lot of clutter. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Room overlooked the Aquarium and the shows were good (after a few times seeing them knew the whole routine.) But it is a place that I would visit again.

Room tip: Nice sunrises on the aquarium side.

Dear Charley,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We appreciate your trust. Our success comes from the continuous faith in the excellence of our service, something we are committed to and would never sacrifice.
There is always room for improvement, so if we can serve you better in any way, please do inform us through our contact form on our official website.
Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I went there with my family. First of all we were a little bit anxious about the price rate .cause we heard from a lot of people around us .is way to expensive. So one day we decided to go anyway cause you know when will you have this change again.but you know ..we are so glad we went .because it was not so expensive at all what they told us.the kids enjoyed there self .my daughter had the change to feed the sharks .overall our vacation in curaçao is a vacation that we always will remember. Thank u curaçao

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank C P

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community and thank you so much for your kind words and your feedback after your stay at The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort. We are delighted to hear that you experienced an enjoyable stay and that the resort amenities met your expectations.
We hope to welcome you again, next time you visit Curacao.