All reviews time share free admission grocery store dolphin show mambo beach timeshare week man made island full kitchen private beach unlimited access ocean encounters living room open ocean kiddie pool room facing fish onsite restaurant
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

The Sea Aquarium is a great place for a quiet getaway. Only 32 unit, very laid back. Right on the Caribbean look out towards Venezuela. For there older folks nice place to sit and relax. For the millennials the are numerous clubs within walking distance. The island is perfect for drive and the is a dive shop right next door. The Sea Aquarium is also next door with many activities for the entire family. The resort is full service with a restaurant, breakfast by the pool and even a laundry. This is a great place to stay and recharge your battery.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Gerardo G, Online Reputation Manager at The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. It has been a pleasure serving you and we feel so happy to know that you have a wonderful time with us. We appreciate your kind words about our resort. The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort takes pride in giving priority to their guests and looking after their needs. Quality and customer service are what distinguish us from others. We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and meet their requirements.
Thank you again for choosing us. Looking forward to having you as one of our valued guests for many years to come.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We there as a week and stay at the resort. The room was clean and we did not have any maintenance issues during our stay. There was some wear in the room from use but overall it was in good shape. Resort grounds were clean and did not have a lot of clutter. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Room overlooked the Aquarium and the shows were good (after a few times seeing them knew the whole routine.) But it is a place that I would visit again.

Room Tip: Nice sunrises on the aquarium side.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Charley,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We appreciate your trust. Our success comes from the continuous faith in the excellence of our service, something we are committed to and would never sacrifice.
There is always room for improvement, so if we can serve you better in any way, please do inform us through our contact form on our official website.
Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I went there with my family. First of all we were a little bit anxious about the price rate .cause we heard from a lot of people around us .is way to expensive. So one day we decided to go anyway cause you know when will you have this change again.but you know ..we are so glad we went .because it was not so expensive at all what they told us.the kids enjoyed there self .my daughter had the change to feed the sharks .overall our vacation in curaçao is a vacation that we always will remember. Thank u curaçao

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank C P

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community and thank you so much for your kind words and your feedback after your stay at The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort. We are delighted to hear that you experienced an enjoyable stay and that the resort amenities met your expectations.
We hope to welcome you again, next time you visit Curacao.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I went with my family on a week long trip to the Royal Sea Aquarium and Resort. The staff is very friendly but we were unhappy with the maintenance there. Some other guests were upset too. Upon checking Into the room there was a pretty noticeable stain on the sheets and pillows that looked like blood. At first I thought maybe it was from one of our bags so I tried to get it out and it wouldn't even come out! My family mentioned they saw it there when we first walked in. I called the desk and asked both beds to have all the sheets changed and new. At first glance, the switched sheets appeared fine so we slept comfortably that night. The next day I lifted the sheet as I was waking up to notice the comforter was FILTHY. I'm not sure if they flipped it upside down or just brought another dirty one but there was a huge mysterious green stain that looked like food or vomit. I was so sick that I slept in it we demanded a brand new comforter immediately. Someone came and opened a comforter out of plastic but that set the tone for the week. Although, the people were friendly I also felt that it lacked some diversity (LGBT couples) it definitely was an older, retirement crowd.

The Italian restaurant downstairs, Limoncello, is really terrible. The only good item on the menu is the gnocchi. I had to send back the risotto because it was inedible, the chef had the nerve to ask me what was wrong with it. The panna cotta dessert had too much gelatin in it, I was spitting out hard, rubbery clumps. The pizza also tasted like cardboard and was thrown together hastily. We were told the limoncello cheesecake had alcohol on it in the lemon sauce and it was just plain cheesecake, I didn't order any because I'm allergic to alcohol but I could have!!! The wait staff also doesn't know what they're doing besides one nice man. You have to ask to be served and for silverware to eat. You even have to ask for menus.

The Lions Dive Resort across the little bridge along the boardwalk has much better food choices and a more lively crowd including Hemingway's --- best fish sandwich I've ever had, Nemo's, Piazza (a much better Italian restaurant) and chill.

What sucked the most about the resort is the beach is very small, it's basically a lagoon and it's COVERED IN ROCKS. If you swim across to the other side there are less rocks. If you're looking for a smooth sandy bottom, this is not the place for you. I was disappointed.

ALSO, there is no shuttle to and from the airport which Lions Dive Resort includes in their online booking. You have to pay a taxi driver. The taxi driver broke my luggage upon arrival and almost forced us into a tour. Will be staying at a different resort next time I'm in Curacao.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AlyssaTravels_101

Dear Alyssa,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community. We feel sorry that we couldn't meet your expectations during your last trip to Curacao. We have worked for many years and it has always been our primary goal to provide excellent service to the guests who stay with us.
We are sorry that the accommodations did not live up to those goals for you. We will make every effort to address your comments and find different ideas to surprise you next time.
I hope you can afford us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is a very well maintained, secure tropical oasis. Next to the Aquarium which is a nice venue. They serve breakfast by the pool's over looking the ocean so tranquil. Mombo beach across from this little island. There really is to much to put into this review, just do it.

Room Tip: Your on a little island with a waterway between it is a tropical paradise location.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Wayne,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the community and thank you so much for your kind words. It is so great to hear that our team is doing a good job and it is comments like yours that keep us going!
Best wishes from sunny Curacao.