“Almost perfect and great manager/owner”

My Dream Apartments
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We had the top apt which had a beautiful view and large porch. The downstairs two other apts also had wonderful views. We had no problems with mosquitos because we kept the bedroom door closed. The bedroom has AC which worked well. Yes there is a 2 burner electric hot place but it worked just fine. The owner comes around almost every day and asks if all is ok and if we needed new towels etc. And yes it is a bit isolated. We actually took the bus and the owner was there when we arrived. He was kind enough to drive us to the market where we purchased groceries. Not having a car is a bit of a challenge but people are nice and I knew if we needed anything we would be able to just ask someone to let us know when going to the market but we didn't need to. My only complaint is that the stairs to the sea were broken and are going to be repaired. This really was upsetting to us because we wanted to be able to get into the water without walking the 11 minute walk to the beach having to go thru sand. But we managed and knew that it was just bad luck timing. The apt is quite large compared to ones we have stayed at in other islands. Don't expect brand new delux. But it is clean and the shower is great and actually a very large bathroom. Nothing to complain about other than not having the stairs to the sea. Thank you Shadworth (sorry if spelled wrong) for being so kind to us.

Room Tip: I would avoid staying at rooms which are the cheapest closest to the road and have no view. Others a...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
ShaddyP, Eigenaar at My Dream Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a good review. I'm sorry that the stairs were not there when you stayed with us. We just heard that it will be repaired coming Thursday. So hopefully it will be back in before the weekend.

Hope you enjoyed your stay on the island and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids) stayed here for a week in February 2017. I would give it a positive recommendation.
One of the things wanted for our stay was to be ocean front and close to beaches. When I started searching, there weren't many places that were affordable until I came across My Dream Apartments. They are located right on top of the ocean cliff, within 10 minute walk of 2 beautiful beaches and a reasonable price: $125.00 CAN.
The apartment basic and clean and met all our needs for the week.
The best way to describe this place to a Canadian they you can relate to, it would be to think of one a small independent owned motels along the Trans Canada Highway. Clean and basic with kitchenette including hot plate, fridge and microwave; everything you need to prepare a meal. The only difference is rather than looking out onto a snow covered highway, your staring out onto the Caribbean Ocean.
The ocean is literally 20 steps out your front door. Absolutely spectacular view!
Shadforth, the owner, was a great host. He was very attentive throughout our stay. He checked in on us a few times during the week and took great care to make sure we had everything we needed.
I thought it was great value for the money spent! I'd highly recommended them for anyone wanting ocean front without paying high ocean front prices!

Room Tip: There are 4 apartments that face the ocean. They all have perfect view!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Was so looking forward to our stay at this apartment. Unfortunately it is very run down, and needs to be upgraded and a deep cleaning.
Location was okay, a bit secluded, hence the bars on the doors and windows.
View was great at sunset, but mosquitos where horrible, you can not sit out at night.
The owner try's to go out of his way to accommodate, but it was not worth the high price they charge.
The stove is a hot plate and the oven is a toaster oven!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tuffi
ShaddyP, General Manager at My Dream Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Dear Tuffi,

Thank for taking the time to write us such a bad review. I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. Maybe next time you should consider staying at a 5* all-inclusive- resort when visiting the island. As far as i can understand you didn't do a research of where our apartments are located as you called us being "secluded". You were visiting a tropical island, where mosquitos are part of our tropical weather. I don't know which apartment you stayed in as i don't recall any person with such name staying with us.

About the stove and oven, unfortunately all appliances in our apartments are electrical and its your fellow tenants which don't use them properly. If you have stated that you didn't want to use it i could have replaced it as we have them in stock. I would have appreciated your complain while you were here, so i could have made your stay more pleasant.

Hope you at least enjoyed your stay on the island.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

Stayed 2 adults 2 kids for 4 days in one of the four appartements at this site.

The apartment itself is quite basic. There is a small kitchen, Toilet and shower, tv set, Wifi and aircon in the sleeping room. Everything was working.

At first it was a little difficult to arrive at the apartment at a place where there are no one to contact on the premises. We had received confirmation by email, but the apartment we had received had only three beds. Now it would have been nice to be able to go to a front desk and present the problem, but the manager only comes by once a day. Luckily we found a lady cleaning one of the other apartments, who could help us contacting the manager. Things were quickly fixed by phone and we got an apartment with beds for all four of us. So after the initial half hour of nervousness we could start what was to become 4 great days at My Dream Apartments.

The location is fabulous. You are sitting front row on top of the cliffs over the ocean. There is a couple of stairs and a ladder (approx 8 meters) leading down to the water, so you can go swimming in the clear water any time you want - This is the leaside of the island, so the water is calm and there are hardly any current. We really enjoyed having so easy access to the water. If you are afraid of climbing a ladder, you will have to go 6-700 meters down the road to the Lagun Beach which is also one of our favorite beaches on Curacao.

I began by describing that it is a little inconvenient that there is no manger on the premises. I must however stress that he was very attentive when he came by on a daily basis. Moreover, when we left for our next stay at another hotel we forgot a pair of glasses on the balcony. We soon got a message that they were found, and the manager actually drove to our new hotel to deliver the glasses to us. That is indeed splendid service!

So though the apartment is quite basic I will not hesitate to rate this with five stars because of the location, the fair pricing and the great service.

If you want to go out for lunch or dinner there are two restaurants nearby at Laguna beach. The food is allright at both places, but we had some really bad experiences with very long waiting times for both food and drinks at the restaurant which is placed by the dive shop down at the beach/parking lot. Instead go to the restaurant sitting op top over the beach at Bahia Apartments and Diving. They serve good food and drinks without too much waiting.

If you plan to do some cooking yourself you will need a car. There are 3 km to a small basic supermarket and 15 km to a really well stocked one

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
ShaddyP, Manager at My Dream Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Thank you very much for your review.

I'm sorry for the 30 min confusion at the beginning but after all we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for a week and had a great time. The owner was responsive to everything we needed and checked in with us regularly, without being annoying.
It's not luxurious but I'd much rather stay here than some resort. The view is amazing, the location is great and really gives you the opportunity to explore the island.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
ShaddyP, General Manager at My Dream Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear Reveca,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a revie. Happy you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to welcoming you soon to Curacao and to our property.

Kind regards,

Shadforth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
4.4 km away
Blenchi
#1 of 1 in Barber
0.7 km away
Bahia Apartments & Diving

Been to My Dream Apartments? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK