“Just. No.”

Alablanca Apartments, Residents Inn
Alablanca Apartments, Residents Inn
Reviewed 14 October 2014

This is a good place if all you need is a bed to crash for a few hours. Basically any other thing you´d want to do is not possible, and I mean that in the most literal way. Even going to the bathroom is something you´ll have to do elsewhere, since it clogs with every single use.

Cooking is a terrible experience because the kitchen has no windows, fans or any kind of ventilation, so the food smell will linger for hours, and you will sweat your weight off while using the extremely old cooking utensils that basically melt on your food when you try to cook it.

Everything in the apartments is very, very old including, but not limited to, the fridge and the AC unit.

Whatever money you save staying here you'll spend replacing the food that will get ruined because of the fridge not working every other day.

The staff is rude, the WiFi works 50% of the time, there's no water pressure in the mornings and sometimes during the day, it can get very loud at some point, and the cleaning service is not particularly thorough.

I strongly recommend finding somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank --Didi-Gaga--99

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Alablanca apartments was by far the worst place i have lived my hole life. If you want to feel like you are in a slum in the 3rd world this is the place for you. During my month there my toilet would regularly be plugged and there would be no water to shower in the morning. That along with the discourteous rude and unhelpful staff i thought this place was quite a dump. It isn't near the beaches or the city so quite frankly you are isolated. Don't get me wrong you can probably do worse on the island but i would never recommend this place to anyone I know unless they are on an extremely extremely tight budget. I would say go to a place a bit more expensive or even try something with the same reasonable pricing that is near the beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 112Robbin112
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I visited Curacao on a 8 day trip for shopping. It was the first time I went there and apart from what I saw on the internet I knew
nothing about it so I didn't know what to expect. On arriving at the airport I was not very impress,first of all I don't speak Dutch so I was at a disadvantage but I didn't let that take away from my holiday. Then it was off to the Apartments the staff was friendly and the rooms we clean ,each day transportation was available to take us to and from town. My favorite restaurant to eat while I was there was The One it was awesome ,the food was delicious especially the wings. In all I had a great trip.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Barbados home town
Reviewed 9 December 2011

clean,safe and free shuttle to Punda or mambo beach. the pool is great and the complex is quiet except for weekends when it can be a little noisy.A lot of people who stay there are working or stay for extended periods.
It could do with a little updating but cannot be beaten for the price.There is a bus stop close by and a restaurant and small supermarket are within 5 minutes walk.It is not downtown nor close to a beach but the price is great, we stayed there twice and had no compaints

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank expatjane
Reviewed 12 September 2011

For the price you pay there is not too much to expect. The pool is very nice ! the greatest area of the complex. The apartment we got was all the way on the back of the complex and they didnt allow us to park nearby. It was not that clean when I first entered, but then I requested them to clean the bathroom again and it got a lot better. Beds are good!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family