See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Disgusting mouldy smell, aircon not working, bed lumpy and uncomfortable. No lighting in the passage ways at night, asked for bulbs for bedside lamps ..... no bulbs. the hotel location is not close to shopping or tourist attractions, would not recommend this hotel at all. Staff where not helpful or really seem to care about your inquires. Dose not even rate a star for me, I only stayed for 2 nights it was the longest 2 nights of my life could not wait to get out of there.

Room tip: Stay anywhere in Havana Cuba anywhere but this hotel
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Havana Cuba for literally one night and flew back the next day to do you are terrible experience with hotels and money conversion. There is no Internet in the entire country and you must purchase Wi-Fi card that only work in very limited areas. We booked this hotel because it was the only one available online and all of the information provided on Hotels.com was absolutely incorrect. The outside of the hotel is actually very beautiful and gives you the impression that the inside will be the same. However the interior of the hotel is in disrepair, out of shape, and disgusting. It does not seem to have been updated since it was built in 1959. There is literally no electricity on in the entire hotel at night so all of the hallways or pitch black. The rooms themselves are dirty and the bathrooms are unusable. The only redeeming quality of this hotel are the staff who are very kind and try to be very helpful to us. This was the most awful experience of our lives and we left Cuba literally the day after we blew it although we were supposed to stay for four days.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank nohayia
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It looks ok from the outside, but inside it is hell. The lobby and halls are retched and the inside of the rooms are even worse. The beds are rock hard and no surface is clean. A cleaner apparently wipes down the bathrooms between guest, but the entire hotel furnishing and drapery desperately needs to be replaced. The staff are not friendly or helpful. They are difficult, lazy and rude. The noise in our room was awful as there is a restaurant/nightclub on the ground floor and a party was held until 3am with loud music and karaoke. The food in the restaurant is repulsive! Even for a "free" included breakfast, it's not worth eating. It's sloppy old fruit, slimy meat, stale bread and mushy piles of cheese. Absolutely foul! I will never return to this hotel and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Absolutely gross, wouldn't be surprised if it's shut down soon by the health authorities!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CuriousSophia
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Looking forward to visiting Havana before it changes I was absolutely disgusted with this hotel. The rooms were filthy with mildew residue on the floors, walls and doors. There were large pieces of marble missing from the main staircase and the banister fittings were broken. The sheets, although clean, smelt sour. As far as the food goes, vile and covered in swarms of black flies. It was that bad I paid for another return ticket a week early. I WOULD NOT GIVE THIS HOTEL A STAR RATING BUT IT'S REQUIRED!

Room tip: Pick a different hotel.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

The staff was friendly but the hotel is in desperate need of repair. From the outside it appears decent but once you get to the rooms it is in poor shape. Changed rooms due to no hot water. Both rooms were in the same shape. You could see light around the door frames & you lock yourself in with the key but there is no interior handle. Room was clean, beds were ok. I would not have felt safe here alone though as the room didn't feel very secure. Stayed one night. I would not choose this hotel again.

Date of stay: January 2016