“Ropa Vieja!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Huge portions for a value price. I couldn't finish my entire plate of pork ropa vieja, rice n beans, salad, mashed plaintains, and avocado, but it was flavorful and yummy. My mojito was fresh and the service pleasant. Recommended!!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This place was one of the highlights of our trip to Cuba. The place is a hole in the wall with 2 floors in the hole. No AC so it gets hot BUT it is all worth it! The Shrimp dish and the fish dish were excellent! Everything was fresh. The servers were super nice and you get to meet great folks in there. The second best part (after the taste of the food) is the price; this place is very reasonable.

2  Thank MiamiSultan
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We read the reviews and decided to go here. We were starving and had to wait about 20-30 minutes but it was well worth it! We had a great waiter that did not speak a lot of English (we found this is usually the case in Cuba). The menu was in Spanish so we saw other dishes and just asked what they were having and ordered from that! We had the shredded pork and the shrimp (2 separate dishes). This was so good that we ordered an additional shrimp dish! The drinks were the best we had the whole time in Havana. We had about 8 lime daiquiris and the above mentioned dish with dessert and it was about $40!!! I couldn't believe it. I was talking to the waiter in Spanish and told him how handsome he was and next thing I knew, he brought us (and him!) Havana rum shots! Then, the people at the next table were so grateful we helped them order, they brought us all shots! It was our first night in Havana and we had so much fun! I would have eaten here again but we were only there for 3 nights and wanted to experience other places. Highly recommend this-its is a must do in Havana for the food and experience!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This place surely gets a long line! We went at night and the line did not move for half an hour so we returned for lunch and luckily got seated right away.

The place has interesting hip decor about the revolution and a small roof top.

We sat on the 2nd floor and it was hot, no AC and the fan was also broken.

The food was good and fresh. I had the ropa vieja which they make with pork here and it was very flavorful. It came with fresh avocados and tomatoes.

I also tried the chicken and it was tasty.

My guava smoothie lacked a bit of sweetness.

Recommended for lunch!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We loved the restaurant! The food was really inexpensive but still super delicious. The location itself is really cool. Service was nice. I would totally recommend eating there! The limonada frappé is a MUST, especially on a hot summer day! My boyfriend ate the ropa vieja (typical cuban dish) and it was really good.

Date of visit: July 2017