“Some good some not”

Ranked #92 of 902 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Brand new restaurant , opened in February 2011. We were one of it's first customers. A 'Palador 'style restaurant located in a penthouse apartment of an of classic 1950's building; with magnificent views over the city and of the ocean. interior decor is modern1950's cool, creative, and artfully appointed. the food was excellent!!! One could could compare easily to a fine restaurant in Paris, NY or London. staff are young and attentive and gave great service.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First of all ask for a table on the balcony area versus inside. Better ambiance. We were with a small tour group and had a choice of shrimp, beef, meatballs or chicken. Bread basket and appetizer plates were good. The vegetable soup was not good. No one in the group liked it. Shrimp dish lacked any flavor, beef & chicken dishes got good reviews. Staff was friendly and attentive. Would I return? Maybe to order off the menu and hope for better results.

Lorenzo N, Propietario at Restaurante Paladar Cafe Laurent Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We appreciate your opinion. We value your criteria and look for the causes of that specific incident. You are always welcome!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here on the recommendation of a friend. This is a hidden gem and a must if you are in Havana. Situated on the 5th floor of an apartment block, this restaurant is quaint and an excellent venue for a meal. On arrival, staff were attentive (but not overbearing) and despite full reservations for that evening they still fitted us in (full marks, most just shrug and say they are full). The ambience both inside and on the covered terrace is great. Food was very good and promptly served. Prices were very reasonable too.
What we loved was the personal service, the great atmosphere and the relaxing ambience with a great view. The selection of wines was excellent too. Highly recommended.

Lorenzo N, Propietario at Restaurante Paladar Cafe Laurent Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for sharing your pleasant opinion. It was a pleasure to receive you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From day 1 our hotel staff recommended this restaurant, we finally ate dinner there our last night. It was walking distance and The food was great and I enjoyed every bite. The staffs were nice and friendly and very helpful with dish recommendations. Out of all the restaurants we dined at in Havana our whole trip this one was the BEST. I will highly recommend.

What a pleasure that you liked it. We kindly appreciate your opinion and we wait for you again, whenever you like.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Recommended by our Rep, locals kept trying to tell us it was expensive (I suppose it was by their standards) but it was inexpensive and excellent value for money. I forget what we ate but the wife and I tried different dishes and all were excellent) If we had been staying longer we would have definitely visited again.

It was a great pleasure to receive you, you always have to live the experience despite the criteria of third parties. You will always be welcome and we appreciate your opinion.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

y sister and I had reservations at Café Laurent the night we arrived in Cuba.
The food was decent but not spectacular.
Unfortunately, my experience would have been much better if the staff didn’t steal 10cucs from me.
Let me elaborate - upon landing and chaining money at the hotel, I went to the restaurant with bills only in 20cuc denominations. Our bill came up to 45cuc and I paid in cash with 3x20cuc (=60cuc) however, my change was 5cuc. When I informed the waiter of this error, he was very prepared and told me I gave 2x20cuc and a 10cuc note (=50 cuc). When I quietly expressed that this wasn’t the case, he started to get loud and vehemently arguing with me. His excuse was “the cashier received 50cuc” which tells me that one of the 20s was swapped with a 10.
Needless to say, going there and subsequently arguing about being robbed 10cuc REALLY wasn’t worth the hassle.
Beware if you are going to this place.

Lorenzo N, Propietario at Restaurante Paladar Cafe Laurent Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Its a shame thats happen with you, we remember your case and we really sorry about, its the first time something like that happens in our place, it can be a mistake from both of us, we explain to you and we thought you understund. Honesty we are a serios place and we work with the same staff for a while, any way we want to apologize for the inconfortable moment, and we like have a second oportunity to do our best.