“Havanas Best”

Ranked #92 of 902 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Brand new restaurant , opened in February 2011. We were one of it's first customers. A 'Palador 'style restaurant located in a penthouse apartment of an of classic 1950's building; with magnificent views over the city and of the ocean. interior decor is modern1950's cool, creative, and artfully appointed. the food was excellent!!! One could could compare easily to a fine restaurant in Paris, NY or London. staff are young and attentive and gave great service.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From day 1 our hotel staff recommended this restaurant, we finally ate dinner there our last night. It was walking distance and The food was great and I enjoyed every bite. The staffs were nice and friendly and very helpful with dish recommendations. Out of all the restaurants we dined at in Havana our whole trip this one was the BEST. I will highly recommend.

Lorenzo N, Propietario at Restaurante Paladar Cafe Laurent Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

What a pleasure that you liked it. We kindly appreciate your opinion and we wait for you again, whenever you like.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Recommended by our Rep, locals kept trying to tell us it was expensive (I suppose it was by their standards) but it was inexpensive and excellent value for money. I forget what we ate but the wife and I tried different dishes and all were excellent) If we had been staying longer we would have definitely visited again.

It was a great pleasure to receive you, you always have to live the experience despite the criteria of third parties. You will always be welcome and we appreciate your opinion.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

y sister and I had reservations at Café Laurent the night we arrived in Cuba.
The food was decent but not spectacular.
Unfortunately, my experience would have been much better if the staff didn’t steal 10cucs from me.
Let me elaborate - upon landing and chaining money at the hotel, I went to the restaurant with bills only in 20cuc denominations. Our bill came up to 45cuc and I paid in cash with 3x20cuc (=60cuc) however, my change was 5cuc. When I informed the waiter of this error, he was very prepared and told me I gave 2x20cuc and a 10cuc note (=50 cuc). When I quietly expressed that this wasn’t the case, he started to get loud and vehemently arguing with me. His excuse was “the cashier received 50cuc” which tells me that one of the 20s was swapped with a 10.
Needless to say, going there and subsequently arguing about being robbed 10cuc REALLY wasn’t worth the hassle.
Beware if you are going to this place.

Lorenzo N, Propietario at Restaurante Paladar Cafe Laurent Habana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Its a shame thats happen with you, we remember your case and we really sorry about, its the first time something like that happens in our place, it can be a mistake from both of us, we explain to you and we thought you understund. Honesty we are a serios place and we work with the same staff for a while, any way we want to apologize for the inconfortable moment, and we like have a second oportunity to do our best.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I just had dinner there. I will go again. I‘m here in Cuba a lot of times, but this restaurant is my favourite. Nice and kind Personal. Very good food. Very friendly.
A littlebit more expensive for cuba. But is more than ok!

Thank you so much for share your opinion with other travellers, we look for award your next visit

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This Paladar was top notch and can rival some of the best restaurants in the world. The service, ambiance, entertainment and quality of food was excellent. Food was perfectly flavored and seafood was extremely fresh!

I would highly recommend and definitely can't wait to return!

Thank you very much for your opinion. We are glad to hear beautiful comments about our place. We appreciate your hightly recomendation. Thank again, will be a pleasure receive you in your next visit to Havana.