“Your Cuban aunties you haven't known about”
Review of Casa Tati Lopez

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Tati Lopez
Ranked #156 of 728 Havana B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Staying at Tati's and her aunty's place was a truly amazing experience. They have been recommended to me by a friend, who stayed in Havana three years ago and who had told me great things about them - which all turned out to be true. The moment I arrived, I was treated like a long-awaited family member and offered drinks and food. I enjoyed a lot relaxing with them on their cozy balcony, having a Cuba Libre and listening to their interesting stories about Cuba and its people.

As I had not planned anything in Cuba, Tati basically offered me to organize the whole trip for me. She booked very nice casas at her firends' places in Vinales, Cienfuegos and Trinidad and even called me in each city to make sure I was having a good time and I was safe. She was always happy to help me with every problem or question I had.

Very grateful to have met them - two absolutely lovely people! Will come back and visit them soon. - Karolina

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I contacted Tati before travelling to Cuba without knowing what my full itinerary would be, except that the first 6 days would be in Havana. Tati offered to help plan my trip and also arranged for a taxi to pick me up from (and later drop me off at) the airport (and told the driver I needed to change my money at the airport).

Tati greeted me at her Casa with a Cuba libre and a warm friendly hug and chat. The next morning Tati gave me a map of Havana and some advice on the best places to travel to. After we talked about what I would like in Cuba we agreed on the places I would visit and Tati went out of her way to arrange accommodation in Vinales and Trinidad with Casa owners she knew.

Tati arranged a fantastic tour of Havana for me with a guide she knows (Alejandro) and the Casa was always available to me and felt like a home from home.

The Casa is clean, air-conditioned, and in a safe/central Havana neighbourhood. Every morning I had coffee and a different fruit juice.

Casa Tati Lopez is more than a Casa in Havana it's a home for you while away. If I am ever in Havana again I'll make sure to stay again.

Room Tip: lovely, safe, central, air conditioned
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I highly remark 2 issues : 1st Excellent treatment. Tati and Aunty makes you feel at home from first time. They adapt to your daily time schedule, arrange pick up from airport , taxis, etc.

2nd: Excellent location in old Havana.

Besides ; Room is right , a 2 bed room , A/C, comfortable , bridge and bathroom in the room.

Breakfast excellent in quality and quantity.

Tati can arrange lodges all around Cuba if you please to move in Cuba. Also one day excursions in classic cars.

I highly recommend Tati House as your first option.

I Hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We had a great time during our stay at Casa Tati. Tati is a lovely host, she speaks English fairly well, and was able to help us plan lots of parts of our short trip. The location is quite nice, walkable to the big touristy areas, but also near Vedado. My only complaint was that the trip was too short!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Just returned from my trip to Havana, and I had a wonderful time, staying in Centro at Tati Lopez Casa. Tati and Aida go out of there way to make sure you have everything you need. The room is very clean and comfortable, and there is a refrigerator that she stocks with water, pop, beer, which is very handy.
I felt very safe and comfortable staying there, she also has a lovely balcony to sit out
on to enjoy the quiet evenings.....I will return to Tati next time !!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo