All reviewscuban familybed roomold havanacentrotaxishousecasa
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I contacted Tati before travelling to Cuba without knowing what my full itinerary would be, except that the first 6 days would be in Havana. Tati offered to help plan my trip and also arranged for a taxi to pick me up from (and later drop me off at) the airport (and told the driver I needed to change my money at the airport).

Tati greeted me at her Casa with a Cuba libre and a warm friendly hug and chat. The next morning Tati gave me a map of Havana and some advice on the best places to travel to. After we talked about what I would like in Cuba we agreed on the places I would visit and Tati went out of her way to arrange accommodation in Vinales and Trinidad with Casa owners she knew.

Tati arranged a fantastic tour of Havana for me with a guide she knows (Alejandro) and the Casa was always available to me and felt like a home from home.

The Casa is clean, air-conditioned, and in a safe/central Havana neighbourhood. Every morning I had coffee and a different fruit juice.

Casa Tati Lopez is more than a Casa in Havana it's a home for you while away. If I am ever in Havana again I'll make sure to stay again.

Room Tip: lovely, safe, central, air conditioned
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I highly remark 2 issues : 1st Excellent treatment. Tati and Aunty makes you feel at home from first time. They adapt to your daily time schedule, arrange pick up from airport , taxis, etc.

2nd: Excellent location in old Havana.

Besides ; Room is right , a 2 bed room , A/C, comfortable , bridge and bathroom in the room.

Breakfast excellent in quality and quantity.

Tati can arrange lodges all around Cuba if you please to move in Cuba. Also one day excursions in classic cars.

I highly recommend Tati House as your first option.

I Hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2017

We had a great time during our stay at Casa Tati. Tati is a lovely host, she speaks English fairly well, and was able to help us plan lots of parts of our short trip. The location is quite nice, walkable to the big touristy areas, but also near Vedado. My only complaint was that the trip was too short!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Just returned from my trip to Havana, and I had a wonderful time, staying in Centro at Tati Lopez Casa. Tati and Aida go out of there way to make sure you have everything you need. The room is very clean and comfortable, and there is a refrigerator that she stocks with water, pop, beer, which is very handy.
I felt very safe and comfortable staying there, she also has a lovely balcony to sit out
on to enjoy the quiet evenings.....I will return to Tati next time !!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank joann p
Reviewed 10 February 2017

My favorite Havana memories can be found in Casa Tati! Seriously, I LOVED talking to Tati and Aida, and I had the most wonderful time sitting on their balcony and watching life go by. Tati and Aida offer you advice on where to go (they have a handy map that lays it all out), but they also respect your space and give you room to breathe. Tati can also get you setup with well-priced cabs and tours, and she can also get you setup with other casas throughout Havana. She makes trip planning a snap!

Tati's place is NOT in Old Havana, and I LOVED that. In Tati's neighborhood, you get a better sense of what actual day-to-day Havana life is like. Of course, when you want to see the touristy stuff in Old Havana, then you just need to catch a quick cab down to the Prado. No problem! On the way back, I was always able to catch a collective taxi for just 0.50CUC as it went up Neptuno Street. Talk about convenient!

The room has two very clean beds, a fridge (beer/water), air conditioning, and is connected to a bathroom that is yours while you stay there. Soap and towels are provided.

The apartment is bright and full of life. Tati supplies you with keys so you can come and go as you want. I can't wait to go back and stay longer!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family