All reviews cuban family bed room old havana centro taxis house casa
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Just returned from my trip to Havana, and I had a wonderful time, staying in Centro at Tati Lopez Casa. Tati and Aida go out of there way to make sure you have everything you need. The room is very clean and comfortable, and there is a refrigerator that she stocks with water, pop, beer, which is very handy.
I felt very safe and comfortable staying there, she also has a lovely balcony to sit out
on to enjoy the quiet evenings.....I will return to Tati next time !!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank joann p
Reviewed 10 February 2017

My favorite Havana memories can be found in Casa Tati! Seriously, I LOVED talking to Tati and Aida, and I had the most wonderful time sitting on their balcony and watching life go by. Tati and Aida offer you advice on where to go (they have a handy map that lays it all out), but they also respect your space and give you room to breathe. Tati can also get you setup with well-priced cabs and tours, and she can also get you setup with other casas throughout Havana. She makes trip planning a snap!

Tati's place is NOT in Old Havana, and I LOVED that. In Tati's neighborhood, you get a better sense of what actual day-to-day Havana life is like. Of course, when you want to see the touristy stuff in Old Havana, then you just need to catch a quick cab down to the Prado. No problem! On the way back, I was always able to catch a collective taxi for just 0.50CUC as it went up Neptuno Street. Talk about convenient!

The room has two very clean beds, a fridge (beer/water), air conditioning, and is connected to a bathroom that is yours while you stay there. Soap and towels are provided.

The apartment is bright and full of life. Tati supplies you with keys so you can come and go as you want. I can't wait to go back and stay longer!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2016

We had such an amazing experience with Tati in Havana . She is so helpful and lovely. She offered to help us with accommodation and transfers in the other towns and cities we visited and booked everything!! Tati's breakfast was so yummy and a cuba libre was never too far away . She even called me (at the other host house where we stayed in cienfeugos) when she found out I had got an injury . It was so nice of her and it truly felt like home when we were there !

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2016

I was directed by a friend to stay with Tati in Havana, and it was one of the best decisions of my trip. We were 3 girls, and we had the best time with Tati, Aida and Maida. We were welcomed from the very start with open arms, and treated like family. The house is comfortable, the location perfect walking distance to the Malecon coastal walk and to Havana Vieja, the breakfast is delicious, and Tati was so helpful. She answered lots of questions, and helped us plan the rest of our trip. We owe her so much, and will definitely only ever stay with her in Havana. Nowhere else.

Room Tip: Both room we saw had twin beds. Perfect for friends travelling together.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Tati and Aida are two extremely sweet ladies who made our stay most enjoyable. the apartment is very central in Neptuno street, so the taxi drivers can easily find it. its close to most of the places of interest in havana. Tati has an air conditioned 2 bed room with your own bathroom, but if needed her sister lives next door and rents rooms out too. the layout of the apartment is really nice, with a balcony to chill out in the evening with a cold beer. we had to think about nothing everything was taken care for. Tati is extremely helpful with organizing the trip, gives tips and gets even a good bargain on transport. breakfast was very good and considering the price. u want find better value for money. and if u are very lucky maybe they can make for u a nice pork roast with cuban side dishes. then your holiday is complete.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple