“Love My Avocado Breakfasts at Casa Jorge!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Gayfriendly Casa Jorge Silvio
Ranked #51 of 272 Speciality Lodging in Havana
Canada
“Love My Avocado Breakfasts at Casa Jorge!!!!”
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I returned from Cuba yesterday and Casa Jorge Silvio is the only place in the world that staff will make the most Delicious Avocado Breakfasts for me!!! I love eating avocados in the morning and Cuba's avocados are the best! Every time I visit Havana I enjoy spending a few days with Jorge because, as somebody else here said, Jorge is a Gem and a Legend in Havana. Jorge is a source of knowledge and information about what to see and when to visit such places and activities going on in Havana and Cuba in general. If you want to visit other parts of Cuba, he can arrange good safe transportation for you, as when I visited Varadero last time. I visited Jorge in October and I made a short video of his casa which I tried to put in Tripadvsior; however, it is too long. The video can be seen in YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8-Unauh1Vk Please visit Cuba and stay with Jorge Silvio as he is a real Tesoro in Cuba!!! Your experience will be unforgettable! Monchito :)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank M0NcHiT0
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I want to thank Jorge, the Casa`s host, for really great vacations I had in Havana July 2010. Jorge was a very wanderful host - responsive, attentive to guests, always ready to help. I may say he was like my father during my stay in Havana. His Casa is in the downtown, not far from Old Havana with museums and place of interests, and not so far from Malecon with crowdy Havana`s special nightlife. The Casa is clean and nice with all the neccesaries, and the most important thing - it is very safe because of attentive host. Thank you very much, Jorge.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denalchi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2010

My partner and I stayed at this guest house having been recommended by previous visitors. Jorge is friendly and helpful with a wealth of information about Cuba, what to see and where to visit. The guest house is clean with a 'fridge in the room and is within reasonable walking distance of Old Havana and other sights. We wanted to visit Trinidad and Jorge arranged the travel and a guest house to stay. When we visit Havana again we would stay with Jorge and on this basis I would recommend his Guest house to others.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AngloSaxon64
London
Reviewed 18 April 2010

My partner and I stayed with George for one week while we visited Havana. I have to say, staying with him was the highlight of my trip to Cuba. Looking around Havana is a bit daunting at first but when we arrived at George's house we were put at ease straight away. He was incredibly informative on Havana - where to eat, what to watch out for, transport, changing money and so on. You can walk to Old Havana from his place too. His rooms are spotless and comfortable and I was always willing to chat with us. It was like staying with a friend! The most important thing I can tell you about Jorge is that he is totally trustworthy. We have told numerous friends to stay with him when in Havana and they absolutely loved him. We still talk about him! He's a legend. (photo attached is Jorge with my husband, Ian).

Kate
Auckland, New Zealand

• Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stratarat
Montreal
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Jorge was a friendly host who did everything he could to make my stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. My room was air conditioned and it had a private bathroom. The breakfasts were tasty and they were prepared with fresh fruit from the market. The Centro district where the B&B is located is an easy walk to Old Havana, the Malecon, Vedado, the University of Havana, Coppelia Park and Revolution Plaza. Jorge is welcoming to gay guests and he happily provides information about life in Havana and the surrounding regions.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled solo