1,223 results
All reviewsporto habanaold havanahotel sellsan older hotelcorner roompool barbuffet restaurantworked finecab ridequiet areamini fridgecuban standardsvedado areasea wallinternet accesslive musicomelette
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I am sure this hotel was splendid at one time but that was long ago. It is badly in need of refurbishment.

When we checked in the receptionist spent the entire time talking on her mobile phone and even handed us the key whilst still chatting.

The bedside lamp in our room was thick with dust and despite asking at reception for it to be dusted this did not happen during our 3 night stay. The view from our room overlooked the pool which was pleasant but the terrace below the window was cracked and looked a mess.

The location was quite a walk from the central attractions although it was pleasant walking along the coast. The hop on- hop off bus stops outside also

On a positive the breakfast was very good

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn P
Community_Manager_HP, General Manager at Hotel Roc Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear customers, thank you for your comments.
We are very sorry that you have had this type of inconvenience in the Hotel.
Personally I will see to it that this type of incident does not happen again.
This type of events is not usual in the Hotel so I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Roc Presidente Hotel is an older hotel with comfortable accomodations (Cuban ratings). We stayed for 7 nights in room 1017. The services provided at the hotel are excellent and Arianna, Public Relations Rep went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met. I would recommend the restaurant at the hotel called Chez Morito. It offered a delicious and varied menu. For our anniversary the chef made us an esquisite diner that left us with wonderful memories. The veranda at the hotel was also very enjoyable! The 5 km walk to Old Havana is pleasurable alongside the ocean boardwalk and is a great way to begin the day. There are other great restaurants around the hotel and getting around is very safe. Money exchange is easily done at the hotel for CUP and the rate is just the same as the Bank rate in old Havana. We will be back! A big thank you to the staff and especially to Arianna Hernandez.

Room Tip: 10th floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Community_Manager_HP, General Manager at Hotel Roc Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear customers, first of all, on behalf of the entire Staff and on my own, I thank you for your kind words.
It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your 20th wedding anniversary with us.
We are very pleased that you have enjoyed every service of the Hotel and the hospitality of our Staff.
Personally I will congratulate Arianna for her good work and performance in her work.
We hope you come back very soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

the hotel is tired and dated , the staff friendly but very slow to bring you anything , rooms were draughty and noisy at night we did not eat in the restaurant as we did not like the look of it. It is not handy for anywhere unless you take a taxi. Would not go back

Room Tip: highest floor possible
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Community_Manager_HP, General Manager at Hotel Roc Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear customers, I thank you for your comment.
We are sad that you have not felt well at the Hotel.
Personally I will check your comments as the slowness of the staff, who although you seemed very friendly, it seems that someone at some point, was delayed in the service and this I will analyze with all the staff.
It is a pity that you have not eaten at the restaurant since it is one of the best valued in Havana, however, I want to tell you that in its 90th anniversary, the Hotel is constantly renewed in search of achieving greater comfort for all our customers.

I hope that at some point you will visit us again so that you can see the improvements we are making.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I have been to Havana many times in the past few years and have stayed at many hotels. My favorite hotel remains the Hotel Presidente. The service is excellent. The WIFI is excellent. The breakfast is excellent. The location is excellent, only a short walk to the Hotel Nacional. The staff - especially Arianna Hernandez in Public Relations - is so accommodating and friendly.

I recommend the hotel to all.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Joshua K
Community_Manager_HP, General Manager at Hotel Roc Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Joshua, first of all, on behalf of all the Staff and on my own I want to thank you for your kind words.
We are glad you enjoyed our services.
Personally, I will congratulate Arianna for her good work.

We hope you come back soon and so you can enjoy the improvements we are making.

Greetings from Cuba

Managing Director

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

In general, I might say that this place is good enough, tacking into consideration the combination price to service outcome.
Location- great, interior- is so so but ok, staff- well trained.
Rooms are big and spacious with all you need. Clean swimming pool.
I wish to pay attention to food- one of the best selection of food in Cuba, I was impressed, they did the best to satisfy client. Excellent cheese, meet, sausages etc.
What I really consider must be fixed: 1) It’s not fair to charge for internet once most of hotels include free wifi in price; 2) It’s a bit cheap from hotel side to charge for service of safe box installed in room- very rare experience.
During my stay it was very noisy in lobby due to high number of retired visitors making all this noice.
The rest is fine and i liked it so much.
Wish you success

Stayed: March 2018
Community_Manager_HP, General Manager at Hotel Roc Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear Clients, first of all, I want to thank you for your kind comments.
It is a pleasure to know that you have felt well taken care of by all the Staff and that both the room and the food have been to your liking.
Regarding the points that he tells us about the Wifi and the safe, we charge them because we have established this, however, I will pass on my company your inquitud and will keep you informed of any changes.

We hope you return soon and so you can enjoy the improvements we are making.