1,501 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2018

My wife and me stayed in Plaza for 2 nights in the middle of july -18, before moving on to Cienfuegos. It was during a very hot and humid period, and we are content that our room had aircondition. We stayed in the third floor, in a room on the inside. There was no wiew, but quiet at night. Quality on the room was cuban, but ok. The hotel is classic in many ways, giving us wievbacks to when times were better in Havana. We hope the days of glory will return for the cuban people, they deserve better. Have never met a nicer and more pleasant and welcoming people anywhere in the world. The breakfastbuffet is great, all you need is there, and nothing runs out, as is normal elsewhere. Lack of aircondition in restaurant and lobby is a problem for us from the arctic, but we survive. We had a couple of refuge breaks in neighbouring Park Central`s lobby restaurant, cool and smooth. Location of the Plaza is perfect. Just in the middle of everything. Walking distance to all you need to see. In the lobby there is a small office where you can book trips and transport all over Cuba, and get some advice as a newcomer, but the two girls here are quite busy at times. We had problems with our door, didnt open, and this was frustrating, and it took some time, the cuban way, to get help to get inside our room. All in all an ok start of our visit to Cuba. but we will return in winter next time, summer in Cuba is too hot and humid for us. Hasta la vista.

1  Thank NorwayViking52
Hotel P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you NorwayViking52 for taking your time to comment on us. It is a pleasure for uf you decide to come back. I am prteey sure when you come back you won't find any of the inconvenients you have found.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

I stayed in the hotel from 21.07.2018 to 25.07.2018. In general, the hotel does not seem to be a 4-star hotel. First of all, on the 21st of July I came to the reception in the morning to check whether the hotel had received my booking. When I asked the receptionist (Mr. Emilio Puentes), he did not even take my passport and answered that the hotel was full, there were no rooms available and added: "Do you think that some magic room will appear just for you?". Having received this reply I tried to contact the company which made the reservation and wasted several hours of my journey and a considerable sum of money making calls to this company and trying to understand what was going on. It turned out that my boking was totally fine and it was the receptionist who basically ruined my day and my nerves. When I was entering my room I was accompanied by my friend who helped to carry the suitcase. A guard followed us up to my room and when my friend entered the room, the guard aggressively forced my friend to leave the room threatening to call the police. We were told later that according to the general rules of hotels in Cuba it is prohibited to bring visitors to rooms. I have not found any confirmation of this, but in any case the guests should be informed about these rools in advance.
Secondly, break downs may appear from time to time: one day the coffee machine in the restaurant was out of order; during two days there was no water: neither hot, nor cold.
Thirdly, there is no air-conditioner in the lobby of the hotel which means that if you want to use wifi you have to sweat. Neither there is air-conditioner in the restaurant where guests have breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear aleche28 we are very sorry that our standard didn't fulfill your expectations, we thank you your opinion because in that way it help us to improve our quality service. You must be sure that the client is truly important for us, so any action in a rude way would be punished. Indeed lady you can't have guest in your room you can see visitors in the common areas of the hotel. We hope you come back soon to see the improvement we have gained.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

This is a modest hotel in the middle of a renovation. Once this renovation is done I hope the hotel is back to the grand state I'm sure it was at one time. That being said, we enjoyed staying there regardless of a few problems. Our room was spacious and although you did hear a lot of street noise, one has to expect that when you are in the heart of Havana. The one thing you didn't hear was other guests which was nice. Breakfast is included with the hotel and it is pretty good. Nothing spectacular but you can always find something. The lobby of the hotel is nice with high ceilings and the original crown moldings. The location of this hotel is wonderful and the reason to stay here. I could see the capital from outside my hotel window. PERFECT. The main issue we had with this hotel was that getting hot water never happened and in fact two mornings out the four days we stayed we had no water...so that is a problem, but it is Cuba and you kinda just have to roll with the punches. If you stay here, go to the 5th floor (roof top) and take a look. It's worth it. I will be very interested to see what this hotel looks like once the renovations are done.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear sunandsurf101101
We are very thankful you enjoyed your staying in our hotel. We hope you decide to come back once the renovation is done.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

If you like to feel the vibe from Cuban former days this hotel is perfect. As you enter the lobby you feel like you travel in time to old Havana. The columns and celling are beautiful. The staff from the bar, the looby and the restaurant were really helpful and nice. The rooms were modest but just the necessary to enjoy our days in La Havana. There are many points of interest just a couple of streets nearby. The only thing we didn´t like is that we found old dirty food in our room fridge. They are working in some improvement in the 5th terraces that will make for a great place once it´s done, but for the moment you can go up to check the city views. Some rooms have a great view of the streets but this means more noise entering the room (the view is worth it)

Room tip: Get a room with a view, or a internal room if you want quieter nights.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MauGarita
Hotel P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear MauGarita thank you for your opinion, we are characterized by an old-style as you said but in the same time for a very good service relatin the treatment with the clients. We are very happy you liked the style, on the other hand, being in the center of the city is a trouble for some who does not like the sounds of the city. Thank you for staying and we hope you'll be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The Hotel Plaza has one very unique advantage for American travelers.. you can pay by credit card (but you must do so online prior to your arrival) and bring your printed voucher with you. They have an in-house currency exchange, offer Wifi internet in the main lounge/bar, offer a free breakfast to guests (which is plentiful), and have 24/7 security at the door. The rooms are modest.. contain your basic amenities including a bed, bathroom, safe, tv, mini fridge and AC, and if you are lucky also have a balcony view.

3  Thank Benjamin B
Hotel P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you for the comments. As we noticed you are satisfied we hope you will bw back very soon. Let us know when and you will have an upgrade.