All reviews sea pool la fontana hop on hop pizza restaurant pool bar tourist bus worked fine yogurt hotel is situated great pool breakfast buffet is lobby area money exchange supermarket maids taxis cards
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Attractive old hotel that has been kept up. Rooms were fine, our housekeeper made sure everything was perfect, right down to the elephant made out of towels. Breakfast was delightful. The views were a real treat!
The hotel is well located if you like to make a walk near the sea. Staff always seemed upbeat and ready to help. Would go back!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018

First time in Havana and so pleased we booked this place.The bar area ,near to reception, with regular live salsa music at night ( and some dancing by a waiter and friend ) which was brilliant to watch, was fabulous. Great cocktails.
A great location for walking everywhere , a really helpful guest relations team for ideas where to go,also a small map given for directions. As the centre of the hotel is open the sound from below does travel ,so i would ask for a room on a higher floor. We had two spotlessly very clean rooms on floor 2,but our only issue was cold water for one day , only in the hot taps/shower .It was reported. The guest relations insisted we spoke to the manager about this problem.he was very pleasant,and unaware of the cold water issue.We were delighted with a refund for our trouble. I still recommend this hotel, as the staff are great, and the pool is a definate bonus.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tdpando
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This is the best hotel in Havana, at least so far! They are so service minded and they really take care of you. Constantly cleaning so you never going to run out of paper or towels! The food in the buffe is ok but then it is very cheap so for it’s price it is ok. I will from now on always live at this hotel when I’m in Havana. A big thank you to the staff!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Worst service. The people at the door entrance approach in a very bad manner to customers. Even though they say the entrance at the hotels are free they treat customers very bad which means they don’t care the value of the money. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I will never go back there. Very unsatisfied customer!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank unitedstatestran2018
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We spent 3 nights at the Be Live Copacabana, when booking I paid an additional fee for a Superior Room with a Sea View, upon arrival we were allocated a room that was very old and tired with a sea view if you hung your head out of the window, reception staff did provide an alternative room when asked. Second room was still old and a bit shabby although very clean and the sea view was questionable with the view being mainly of an area where other buildings had been demolished and broken / damaged sea pools presumably from long gone hotels.

I cannot fault the staff at this hotel even when they broke the news that we couldn’t change UK Sterling for Cuban CUC’s as we had been told we could at the time of booking. They quickly pointed us in the direction of another hotel up the road who would change money for us and for the first night we simply paid our bar bill with a Visa card so no problem.

The buffet breakfast was very good with a wide range of options, everything was fresh and plentiful. Pizza available poolside was great but the range in the Pizza restaurant was awful, grilled cheese sandwich was dreadful.

The pool area was lovely but care needs to be taken as it’s a but slippy, there are plenty of sun beds and towels are provided with no deposit required. At times the loud music was a bit much but we could have moved away from it, there is very little shade and very few umbrellas to shelter beneath.

The sea pool requires a special mention, my advice would be to not go anywhere near it, without doubt it is dangerous, there are rusting metal rods protruding from broken concrete and the surrounding area is a death trap, I saw two people slip and fall, one man fell twice and when I went to help him I almost well myself, he appeared to be quite badly hurt and was assisted by hotel staff.

The lobby bar was great with nightly entertainment of a high standard.

There is a very nice if pricey pizza restaurant across the road along with a very useful supermarket, the open top city tour bus stops right outside which is great.

All in all we were very happy at this hotel, staff are fabulous, location is perfectly good, we felt safe and welcome, hotel needs an update but you have to be mindful that you are in Havana and not Miami.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple