All reviews la balandra private beach beachfront suite great adventures bonaire fish beach service dive shop dinner on the beach dive boat small wreck beautiful resort snorkeling right off the beach palm trees concierge diving the resort's restaurant plenty of chairs day pass
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We are returning on the sad plane from our third trip to Bonaire and our third trip at the Harbour Village Beach Club. We cannot say enough good things. My wife and I visited with three friends this vacation and had a magical time. We met each night on the dock for sunset. We snorkeled in the water right in front of the hotel beach--which we believe has as much variety of fish as other snorkel sites around the island.

I was the sole diver and got treated like a queen by the dive shop, as I have come to expect. Chris found a place to charge my dive computer--yes I now have a list. Alfonso was my big champion this year, taking me out on a night shore dive at Salt Pier. We saw four rays, three green morays, an octopus and a large lobster.

The Harbour Village Beach Club has become our happy place. We will be back.

Room Tip: Larger rooms are the ones that face the beach front. There are two floors. If you want beach access, ask for a premium first floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LisaandVerlynn
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I work for a major airline and have flown International routes for 33 years, but I have never been to Bonaire nor did I know much about the island except that it was famous for Sea Diving. I took my daughter to Harbour Village a week before she was to leave for college. This is by far the BEST vacation I have ever taken! From start to finish this resort has thought of everything. Welcomed with a cool towel and a rum punch you immediately begin to relax and wind down. As we were lead to our room we both stopped in our tracks as nothing can prepare you for the stunning view of the beach with its swaying palm trees and the beautiful water just beyond. There is a ship that is actually the restaurant for the resort and it shoots out over the water which is so clear you can see the tropical fish swimming as you dine. Food is incredible delicious. They have a barbeque night which is when I saw that they actually have lights underwater off the restaurant and large tarpons can be seen swimming around. Amazing! Snorkeling off the beach was a feast for the eyes as there are coral reefs right at the beach. It was incredible and if you aren't a diver like me you won't be disappointed simply snorkeling at the resort. We did go on the dive boat one day as well to snorkel in a different area though everything we saw "over there" was right off our quiet beach back home. Its like having a swimming pool in your backyard filled with tropical fish. Relaxing in a hammock while watching the palm fronds sway in the breeze, snorkeling off the beach and having a bite to eat from the restaurant made for an excellent day. I absolutely LOVE this resort and could go on and on about the amazing staff, the beach villa we stayed in, (spectacular), the food (delicious), the entire ambience is simple divine. Did I mention that the resort is involved with coral restoration? That there was a turtle nest on "our" beach? (the resort sent out pictures when the babies hatched:) Did I forget to mention the saxophone player who created the most peaceful, romantic mood as the water lapped gently onto the beach. We saw a marriage proposal that couldn't have been more romantic....sunset, on the beach, table lite with torches, on his knee in the sand proposing. (we were surprised...as was the bride to be, watching from the Balandra and congratulating the couple afterwards.) O yeah and if you are into Diving, this is the place to stay! Our new friends we met at the resort come to Harbour Village twice a year to use their Dive facilities. Why would you stay any where else they told me, Harbour Village has it ALL. Right they are! I absolutely love this place. It is a very, VERY special resort and I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank wendy c
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We are very picky about our trips. This resort was one of the most friendly, beautiful, well maintained, incredible places ever!!! We are already planning another trip there for next year!!!! The front desk staff, Sharon and Kim... our daily wait staff at the restaurant, Michelle and Gregorio, the property manager Melissa -Frank.... Christine Ball and Anne Marie at the Dive Shop...... we experienced turtles hatching!!!! This was Iike a huge family that just insisted on making sure everything was perfect!!!! Delightful... feel free to contact me for advice!!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomgor
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Very nice resort with private “bounty-feeling” beach, nearby the “city centre” and several quality restaurants within reach of 5 min.
We combined our holiday on Aruba with 4 days Bonaire to exploire this island for the first time.
The island is bigger than expected and the nature was beautifull.

This resort offered us 4 days of total relaxation with all comforts within
The staff is super friendly and very helpfull, rooms are clean and silent.
The private beach is stunning and one of the best on the island.
We will definitive return.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This trip we came with our entire family, two of which were non divers. We have been coming to Bonaire since the mid 1980's and watched the Island Hotel scene grow. We have stayed in many accommodations but Harbour Village is clearly the best! This trip we ate at quite a few Hotel restaurants and saw that many operators have tried to up their "game" with improvements but none have attained HV standards. From the booking process with Lourdes to the warm greetings from the staff on checking in, to the superbly maintained property, beach and rooms, this Hotel is the best on the Island. Melissa the manager is always around with a wave and a smile overseeing a finely tuned operation. The beachfront rooms are large and well kept and housekeeping is in when you are not and provides water and ice every night. The four times we have stayed here the constantly groomed beach has been empty with plenty of elbow room.

Before we arrived Lourdes obtained the services of a Yoga instructor for our non divers and between that, the beach and snorkeling, the Spa (and its facilities), and local sightseeing our non divers were entertained as well.

The dive operation is second to none. Two boat dives per day at convenient times. Unlimited shore diving and a house reef being the home of a Coral reef restoration project. Concierge diving allows you not to worry about your equipment each dive as it is on the boat and ready for you to set up. Chris oversees a dive operation where all seem to get along well without effort. Alfonso, Warren, AnnMarie and Marvis always ae there to help out and are very patient with all levels of divers. We miss them aleady but will return soon to join them for another adventure.

My advice is stay nowhere else!

Room Tip: All rooms are well located but the beachfront rooms are our choice
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family