“Visited Several Times”

Eddy's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 133 Restaurants in Kralendijk
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Eddy's!We are a family run and owned restaurant, when you are here we want you to feel at home. Our Cuisine is a delicious melting pot, drawing ingredients and methods from French, Colombian and Venezuelan cuisine, combining them with the native foods and recipes of the island. Come and experience these unique flavors and relaxed & friendly ambiance of the Caribbean.
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We came to Bonaire for a dive vacation for two weeks. We visited a lot of restaurants. Eddy's was one of our favorites. We liked to go on Tuesdays and Thursdays because the "Island Cowboy" was playing. You need to check him out he's a great solo singer - rock to pop to county.

The service depended on who was working. One young lady worked her rear off for us between drinks, appetizers, dinner and dessert. The food was fantastic. Yet another time we visited, a different gal was almost lazy. We made sure we visited only when that particular young lady was going to be working.

We all enjoyed our drinks and food from the ceviche, crab cakes, shrimp, salads, steak, goat, and in particular the flan!

This is a must visit restaurant.

1  Thank WorldTrvlr13

Reviewed 24 March 2017

After all the great reviews, I maybe had too high of expectations.2 of us went here, and had fish dishes for dinner. One was good, the other just OK (not the freshest fish). I have a dietary restriction, and asked for a cream sauce to be left off.After a big deal, the kitchen finally said alright. Our mixed drinks tasted like cough medicine. Service was slow, but friendly. However - the low point was our conversation with the owner, Sonia. She said several things during our conversation that left me with the feeling that she is superficially polite, but thinking darker thoughts behind the facade. She also left me with the impression that she's concerned about money and cutting costs. My profession depends on me reading people accurately, and after 25 years I've gotten pretty good at it. I' m not perfect, I could be wrong - but there are too many other restaurants nearby for me too heartily recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

We had a very pleasant dinner at Eddy's on a Tuesday evening. The staff was welcoming, the food was good, and the entertainment was fun.

Service was great: friendly, prompt, and attentive. Staff were congenial, and gave us the impression that they enjoyed their jobs and appreciated our business. That's always nice.

Our meals were good. I really enjoyed the Arepitas; it's always a treat to have an appetizer that's made without gluten ingredients. We both ordered the catch-of-the-day. The fish was tasty, but could have been cooked just a bit less. The fries were good.

There was entertainment the night we were there. TAFKAH, a local artist, sang and played acoustic guitar covers of a variety of recognizable tunes. He played well, had a good voice, engaged his audience, and definitely made our evening more memorable.

Eddy's is a nice restaurant bar with a good vibe.

1  Thank CanadaCasper
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This place is much nicer looking inside then it look like from the road. Very pleasant setting and good menu. I had an excellent steak. Fish dishes are very fresh. Drinks are ample and service is friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We went here twice -once for late-night dessert, and again for dinner. Everyone working in the tourist industry in Bonaire is friendly, but we felt the staff at Eddy's really stood out. The food was also first-rate. In addition to the seafood common on the island they also offer more unusual dishes, including a stewed bone-in goat dish that was very good. Our desserts included a chocolate brownie and a flan, both of which were excellent.

1  Thank AstroDiver