All reviews infinity pool close to the airport blt restaurant hotel located cancelled flight te amo one night stay within sight guest rooms are long weekend nice pool main building your luggage enjoyed my stay room was spacious front desk staff room key
Reviewed 5 October 2018

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. Not your typical hotel as there are two rows of villas that have 3-4 rooms each. Our room was beautiful. Check-in started off great with Jennifer, then onto our meals where Jordan was amazing and had a wealth of information about the island. Also, Jennifer and Umbalda were super! Mary who cleaned our room left nice notes for us each day. My husband and I never made it in the pool or hottub as we snorkeled all day long but we sat out by the pool for the sunsets. Looked very relaxing. Exactly what I would expect from an island boutique hotel. The menu is short and very American so we didn't eat there often as we wanted to explore and get some local cuisine and the fresh catch of the day. Thank you Marriott staff for an unforgettable time and experience!

Room Tip: We were right in the middle and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon R
minglichung, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Bonaire Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hi Shannon R,

Thank you so much for choosing Courtyard Bonaire as your preferred hotel on Island. It is so great to read your review and to read that we could help you created unforgettable memories.

We are very excited to welcome you back soon to Courtyard Bonaire.

Wish you a wonderful week.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We had a great time staying here for one week, while diving in Bonaire, but the hotel have lots of small problems that needs to be addressed! Staff was clearly not one of them. They have very nice employees, specially the people working on the restaurant early am and late pm.

First of all, we knew we were not staying by the ocean, like others in the area, and the location at least for us, wasn’t a problem at all. Right at the middle of the dives sites, which made a great location to go anywhere. The hotel is brand new (that’s why we choose them), the room is big and great, with a super comfy bed and nice amenities and good size bathroom. The pool and the restaurant has great view of the water specially during sunset.

For divers, the Dive Friends Bonaire have a store at this location with tanks swipes and amazing amenities. Lockers, different buckets to clean your equipment, shower, they provide water and coffee all day/night long and the staff is super friendly.

Downsides:

1) the only restaurant in the property is a burger place, and they don’t serve anything other than that, and shakes. For someone staying there for a full week, is not ideal. We ate there twice and couldn’t see hamburgers anymore. (Except for the bbq buffet night. Amazing food!) Glad Downtown was super close and had good options! They do open for breakfast with a nice buffet tho.

2) we had our room cleaned everyday, but I left water in my cup next to the bed, and it was sitting there for 3 days in a row. On the fourth, they removed and gave me a new one.

3) everyday they left us with less clean towels in the room, until I call the front desk to complain.

4) if you are staying from Sunday to Monday note they will not have fresh pool towels for you early am because Sunday the dry cleaning is close and they only open at 10am.

5) we booked a dive package and not only we had issues to be able to get the car which was not ready for us on the time scheduled (early am, next day of arrival), but they gave us a manual, knowing that we asked for a automatic. They said we payed for a manual, so we couldn’t change unless paying more. I’m glad I know how to drive a stick shift, because my boyfriend and usually the driver, does not.

In the end, I’m glad with stayed there tho. We went to a few hotels in the area, to dive off site or exchange tanks, and I can assure everyone, that ours was very nice, specially comparing to most of them!

Tip: have repellent ready!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gabrielamagalhaes
minglichung, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Bonaire Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hi Gabrielamagalhaes,

Thank you so much for choosing Courtyard Bonaire as your preferred hotel on island. It is great to get a divers perspective and to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We do work hard to make sure we are the best and to read that you agree is simply a delight.

With regards to your improvement feedback points, I am happy to share with you that we now have a much more varied menu offering more options next to our delicious burgers.

I have also taken your other points and discussed this with the corresponding departments.

Gabrielamagalhaes, we very much look forward to your next diving trip at Courtyard.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I loved the look of the hotel. The room was big, attractive, and well maintained.
The pool area is beautiful, great for sunning, reading, and cooling off. It is different, in it is all very shallow.
The hotel is right by the airport, in the jetties. Some airport noise, but not bad.
I did not have a car, which presented me with having to eat every meal at the on site restaurant. I liked the food, but very little variety.
I was there mostly to dive. The dive shop was perfect. Always clean, always helpful, always on time.
In all, a very good choice.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank bmax101

Hi Bmax101,

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard during your visit. It is great reading that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed your diving trip.

I am delighted to share with you that we have our free shuttle that can take you to Downtown and to the beach for your next visit. Downtown we also have great restaurants to enjoy.

We very much look forward to your next visit to beautiful Courtyard Marriott.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Great location, nice big rooms, cold A/C. No problems whatsoever with the hotel - quite unique buildings.
Be aware that the pool is very shallow - 3 feet at deepest point, so good luck swimming.
The BIG negative was the buffet breakfast. Coffee urns often empty, milk containers empty, limited fruit and not refilled (and this was NOT late in the morning) - they actually ran out of eggs! We stayed there a week and it didn't improve. The manager worked hard but very inefficiently - he mostly bussed tables while basic food items remained empty.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hi BoardingPass817053,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy our breakfast buffet. I have taken your feedback and discussed this with the manager of the department.

I do hope you come back soon and give us another chance to show you our improvements.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We returned yesterday from an 8 day stay at the Courtyard Bonaire. We are Platinum Marriott members and visited several properties abroad and LOVE what Marriott has to offer.
This is a charming and colorfully quaint property, but not to be confused with a "resort". The grounds are beautifully hand manicured, rooms small but clean, pool inviting yet shallow, and everyone greats you with a smile.

The hotel offers a great dive package including car, breakfast, ect, but unfortunately we were only made aware of this a few days before arrival though we had made reservation months in advance and had already secured other reservations. So we lost out on that which seem to be a great deal!!
Also, we had requested a suite, only to learn there were none available at check in. No biggie. What got us the most, is there were NO pool/beach towels. They charge a deposit for towel cards but every morning we would request them and, nope, NONE! By day 3 and frustrated, we drove around town, in & out of several stores and finally having to purchase towels of our own! We found out from guests who had purchased the "dive package", they were given large fresh towels
These aren't certainly deal breakers, just warnings.
Special shout out to Jordan, Don, Jess, and ALL the staff, we enjoyed you all so much. You make this rating 4* :)

Yep, we may even come visit again- with towels of course haha

Room Tip: We enjoyed a downstairs room near the pool. VERY quite.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TifsMes

Hi TifsMes,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to our brand! Loyal members like you keep us motivated to provide the best service and help you create memorable experiences.

With regards to the towels, I have taken your feedback and discussed this with our Management team.

Reading that you will be back again is simply a delight and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Kind Regards,