All reviews c block within walking distance sister hotel st lawrence gap berts sports bar the security guard road noise the gap onsite restaurant fridge freezer studio room dish soap self catering fully equipped kitchen south coast air conditioning min walk
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Our 7th visit in 11 years to this fantastic hotel did not disappoint. It may only be a 3 star hotel but its locationmakes it 5 star in my book. The rooms are a little tired maybe but clean and all the facilities you could ask for. The staff, as ever, were friendly and helpful ( bar one!) and Julia was just fantastic and extremely helpful. I cannot recommend this venue more highly

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This hotel did not meet my expectations and I was sorely disappointed in the accommodations. The staff was very warm, friendly, and provided great suggestions for shopping and dining in the area. The hotel grounds were well kept and the view from my balcony was lovely.

The onsite restaurant is shared with their sister property, The Coral Mist. It took us several tries to order our food because what they had on the menu did not match what they had available. It was very frustrating. The pool area was okay but it was small and I think it should be cleaned daily due to the amount of debris in the pool. The elevator was hot, slow, and clearly in need of servicing. Our room was fair. The beds were small (think twin size) and not really comfortable. There was a full kitchen, however we only used the refrigerator and microwave. The AC leaked a puddle on the floor. The toilet would run for a lengthy amount of time. Unfortunately, during our stay we experienced tropical storm weather. Although we were on the 3rd floor, rain was able to get through the balcony doors and wet up the floor and rug. This hotel deserves a two-star rating but I will say it was clean and the staff was very pleasant so I have to give it 3-stars. I do not plan to use them again for my accommodations.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
margaret c, General Manager at Blue Orchids Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Ms. Bennett,

First of all, we thank you for staying at our Property. We also want to thank you for your kind words about our staff. We try to give good Customer service to our Guests and we always receive good compliments regarding our staff.

We also receive very good compliments regarding our Rooms and surroundings, our gardens and the Property on a whole.

From time to time we will have Maintenance issues, which when reported, we try our utmost to solve immediately.

Our Pool and surrounding areas are cleaned every day. But due to the Tropical Storm Kirk, we were experiencing windy conditions as you or anyone can appreciate. We had to clean up the Pool area, twice a day because we have lots of trees and foliage and with the windy conditions, we understand that cleaning up had to be monitored.

In Tropical Storm conditions, roofs can leak and water can find its way through anything such as windows and doors. However, we apologise that it got through your door.

I will speak to the Restaurant Manager regarding your issues. The Restaurant is leased out. My apologies on their behalf.

Thank you once again for your Review and we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Our third Stay at Blue Orchids and it's sister hotel Coral Mist. It has all the amenities you need, it's very clean and the staff are lovely. It's a really convenient location and the pool area at Blue Orchid is so relaxing. We would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin D

We want to thank you for your most favourable response.

We certainly appreciate when people take time out of their busy schedule to review us. It really helps to keep us on our toes.

Many thanks once again and we sure look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 10 days and found the location to be almost perfect
Sewage issues had closed the beach
Not the fault of the hotel however inconvenient. The hotel offered a courtesy taxi leaving at 10am returning 3pm to the lively and beautiful Carlisle Beach
Sun loungers and shade included
As far as the hotel goes we have nothing to complain about. Staff were excellent
Reggie in the sister hotel arranged our excursions and was very helpful throughout our stay.
We were in 210 and had a fantastic view of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. A wide veranda and comfy chairs were perfect for chilling. Plenty of places to eat so we rarely used the kitchen facilities in the room.
The reggae reggae buses are great to get around with a fare of $2 Barbados
Very cheap as taxi about $13B
Great hotel
Very pleased

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikemcdowell2014
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

By far the best stay we have had in Barbados (I have been 5 times)

A very professional yet personal hotel, that will cater to all your needs

I prefer this hotel to others as it has those lovely extra touches, such as

easy no fuss free WiFi connection for hotel guests

Amazing sea views (where I had my coffee and breakfast each morning) (20 second walk from the room)

Lovely quiet and private beach (30 second walk from the room)

Great room with solid walls and no noise (was my worry as I am a very light sleeper),

You can hear the sea from your bed in the morning

If you love good music, lovely atmosphere and mixing it up with the locals MOJOs is 5 minutes from the hotel. Loved that place

All balcony’s have a sea view

Rooms cleaned daily, fresh towels

Has lovely grounds out the back for lying under trees in the shade, snoozing and generally relaxing (my favourite place)

And finally the staff, all made our holiday that little extra, be it sharing laughter, tales of Barbados or giving great advice on bus routes, places to go

This will be our first choice hotel, it just has a lovely friendly personal vibe with a professional service

Impressive !

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StanSmith99

Dear Guests,

What a fantastic Review!!!!!!!!!!

We cannot thank you enough. You have made everything so clear.

We sure look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many, Many thanks.