1,759 results
All reviews accra beach coco patch chakra spa lagoon bar jacuzzi on the balcony island view convenience store tapas rum punch board walk south coast ocean front lawrence gap hotel is in a great location happy hour an umbrella barbados dollars
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The rate for this booking in September was really very good and considering the location on an exceptional beach this puts Accra beach hotel on the top of my worth it list. Close to everything you will need. Restaurants on site with hotel prices but also across the street that are family-priced and then nearby is Champers restaurant which is my favourite on the island but a bit pricey. Pharmacy, taxis, banks...everything you will need. Try it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank AnneRence
Suresh M, General Manager at Accra Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear AnneRence,

Thank you for this fantastic review and for highly recommending us on Trip Advisor. One of Accra's unique selling points is the location as it gives our guests the best of both worlds- oceanfront property but also so close to shopping facilities and restaurants.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I came to Barbados to celebrate my 25th birthday. I decided to stay at Accra Beach Hotel & Spa. I hated it. It is not a 4 star hotel. The rooms were outdated. It seems as if half of the resort is under renovations while the other half looks like Public Housing (I'm from NY. Sorry, not sure how else to explain it). The toilet in my room did not work 3 out of the 5 days I was there and I had to call maintenance to get it fixed. The 3rd time I called they told me maintenance wouldn't be available over night so I stayed a whole night and half of the morning with no toilet. After my 4th call, they came about 9:30 a.m. You also cannot have guest in the room after 11 p.m which I thought was a little odd but then I was told it was 45 USD to invite guest over. When asked to see policies in writing, I was told I have to wait until the a.m to see a policy. The beach is nice, however, on that side of town there is a lot of seaweed, little to no water sports so I found myself spending a lot of money to come to Browne's beach and enjoy myself [which is beautiful may I add!]. I was very disappointed by the hotel and its appearance. I checked out early and I'm now staying at the Radison Aquatic Resort which is nice & located along Browne's beach where I've been spending money to go anyway. Don't stay at Accra Hotel Beach & Spa, not worth the money or your time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Danielle D

Dear Danielle D,

Thank you for visiting our beautiful island and for taking the time to write a review. We are very saddened to read that you feel this way as our aim in hospitality is to ensure guests leave Accra with fond memories. We have recognized that some rooms need updating which is why we have commenced this in the slow season- these updates will be carried out phase by phase.

By law we are not allowed to operate motorized watersports on Accra beach due to it being a marine life safe zone hence why we do not offer such amenities.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel looks like a motel. So far Ive been here for 24hrs. The toilet did not work. It took maintenance 10hrs to fix the toilet.
Then as we where going out of the hotel we couldn't get out of the room. The door was jammed it took 10 tries to get out of the room. My brother who's Bajan could not come upstairs and visit. They tried to charge us $45 to have an "outsider" come visit.
It was a surprise trip for my sister 25th birthday within 24hrs it was a disaster.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Trek778830

Dear djordan620,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is extremely disheartening to read your experience with us did not match your expectations and for this we are truly sorry. Your comments have been taken into consideration and will be brought up at our next Manager's meeting as we seek improvements to our property and services.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I had a great stay in Barbados. The hotel gave me a room with a breathtaking view of pool and beach. The buffet and show was very good. The hotel location is perfect being that it was across the street from a strip mall that had various types of stores to meet your needs. Loved the beach. Was glad that chairs and umbrellas were complimentary. Only down fall-- water in shower was a little tricky to maneuver get appropriate temperature. And elevator near my room was out for 2 days
Overall good vacation. Good food and drinks! Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marian J

Dear Marian J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your your experience with us. We are thrilled you had a wonderful vacation and that you will choose to stay at Accra Beach Hotel & Spa again.

It would be our absolute pleasure to welcome you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

What a conundrum do you don’t you - there are some good things about this hotel such as its great location not too far from the capital and walking distance to the most fab restaurant in Barbados Champers overlooking the sea. The bars also have happy hours for two hours in each one so you can just move on to the next hot spot! The downside is the lack of maintenance on the hotel - it is becoming ‘tired’ in many of the rooms

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank _darling_angela
Suresh M, General Manager at Accra Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear _darling_angela

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Accra Beach Hotel & Spa. Delighted to read you liked the hotel services, property and location- the extended happy hour is always greatly enjoyed by guests. You will be pleased to know that we have commenced upgrades in some rooms as we move into the slow season.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,