“Good service but certain aspects could be improved ”

Five Star Fast Track
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I just used the fast track arrival service at the Bridgetown airport. As I expected when I got off the plane there was someone waiting for me with a sign with my name on it. The agent was very friendly and helpful and even gave me a list of things to do in Barbados.

The airport wasn’t too busy but I was given priority service through the customs/immigration lines.

I couldn’t help compare this service to the service I use in Montego Bay - I wish Barbados would model their service after how its done in Mobay.

- the arrival agent had to leave me at the luggage carousel for about 15-20 min while he attended to another guest. (He was given 2 people to look after at the same time?) He said he would “be right back” and at one point I was wondering if he forgot about me.

- the arrival agent was not able to assist with my luggage until I cleared immigration. (Apparently a law in Barbados). Just an FYI

- the Barbados arrival service is expensive for what you get. I paid $70 USD for myself through viator. In Montego Bay the cost is a little less expensive, plus you get taken to a lounge (after getting your luggage and getting through security), where you are treated to free rum punch or beer and free snacks, and wifi.

I do like using arrival services because airports can be unpredictable as far as line ups go, and every hour of my holiday time is precious. I would use this service again, but hope they continue to improve certain aspects such as having enough staff for the number of guests booked.

2  Thank beachbum_number1
in 4 reviews
"barbados"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We recently flew into BGI during the peak afternoon arrival time. We booked fast track service as an insurance policy against the notoriously long l lines at immigration. Our flight was the first in so we didn't save much time. The fast track representative; however, was very nice and helpful. She led us through both immigration and customs and made sure we connected with our ground transportation.

I would do this again when arriving at peak times. It's probably not needed if you arrive in the morning or late evening.

1  Thank hbhakh
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Friendly and helpful service to speed up the airport experience and get you to your holiday destination that bit quicker.

1  Thank Caroline3
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We spotted this on trip advisor and went for it. You are met by a very pleasant person who is your personal escort through passport control and immigration right to the carousel. Then on to your transport. We took about 20minutes all in. The arrivals hall is jam packed especially when two or three flights come in at once. We will always use it in future. It take away all the hassle and speeds you through.

1  Thank Brian N
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We have transited through BGI on numerous occasions and we always seem to arrive during the peak Saturday afternoon rush along with the many "Jumbos" from the UK and the usual US and Canadian flights. Needless to say, after a nearly 2 hour clearance on our last trip, we sought the service of 5 Star.

There was a little glitch in not seeing our name upon arrival, as I believe our flight was ahead of schedule, but their agents were easy to find. We were passed among two very professional agents who had us through Immigration in less than 3 minutes, and out the door to the car rental company and through customs in less than 1 minute. He left my wife to retrieve the luggage and came back to her and had her and the luggage curbside in another 20 minutes.

In my experience, this saved us an hour which does not seem like much, but it did allow us to find our villa and head to the grocery store before dark which meant much to us after a long travel day.

The experie