Crystal Cove, Barbados -
Having visited Crystal Cove in Oct 2001 with our 2 daughters,and had a fantastic holiday my husband and I were really worried about going back after reading some of the reviews, having wonderful memories of our previous holiday, we didn't know what to expect. Arriving at Crystal Cove in the evening we had a lovely welcome and were given fruit or rum punch, and shown to our room, the room was just as we remembered spacious, well decorated and spotless clean,not as some of the comments we'd read, I think the rooms are all being refurbished, but ours was the same decor as 2001 and it was still lovely. Air conditioning and a fan kept it lovely and cool, fresh towels and beach towels were left every day.
Food - The food was just as we'd remembered -lovely breakfasts, full English or continental,plenty selection, lunch was buffet at the Drifters Restaurant which has just been refurbished or you can have it served at the Reflections Restaurant.Plenty selection for all different tastes and prefrences. Evening meal had to be booked, which is best booked in the morning to get your specified time, the food again was excellent, lovely presented and always a good choice on the menu.Some comments said you didn't get much to eat but after 4 courses we were always satisfied, and my husband likes his food!!!!Some of the staff were a bit quiet, which is just thier reserved manner,try a smile and a chat with them then you'll see them differently.
My husband used the water sports every day, mostly watersking, I went out in the boat each time, the guys were really nice and very helpful for any of the activities not only for watersking but for fishing, jet skis, bananna boats,etc - all the equipment is brand new,and these water sports guys are newly contracted to the Crystal Cove.We went swimming with the Turtles this was a brilliant trip worth the money.
Our stay at Crystal Cove was the most relaxing holiday, its small and friendly, there's no nightlife just a band or different musicians each night to entertain you while you eat dinner, they stop about 11 every evening,this we liked because its quiet and peaceful.If you like a quiet, romantic, and relaxing holiday away from phones, business and the everyday hectic pace of life, we would HIGHLY recommend the Crystal Cove, we would certainly visit again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An enchanting blend of vitality and Caribbean charm."A colorful and vibrant beachfront all-inclusive property with 88 rooms offering a seductive Caribbean charm that will make you feel at home from the moment you arrive. Crystal Cove's warm, relaxed ambience and friendly service which includes all-inclusive accommodation as well as a Supervised Kids Club (for children aged 3-11) appeals to families and couples of all ages, many of whom return there year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Cove Saint James
- Crystal Cove Barbados
- Crystal Cove Hotel Barbados
- Crystal Cove By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish