We stayed at the Beach View for the final 4 nights of our holiday in mid February. With such good reviews I'm always wary that expectations won't be met - well no worries here. We had a top floor 3 bedroom apartment in the first block, nearest the road. As written by other reviewers the zone controlled A/C is not fantastic, especially as our main balcony was enclosed, and by late afternoon was very warm, like a conservatory. But rather than use the A/C we opened all the windows, internal and patio doors, creating a wonderful through breeze and because we were on the top floor we felt safe doing this, even when we left the apartment.
The staff are very helpful and go the extra yard to assist where they can.
The pool is a lovely size and there are plenty of sunbeds. It was never too busy, in fact only a dozen or so people around the pool daily, although we did only spend the latter part of the day there. I guess most people head off for the beaches.
The apartments are very well furnished and fully equipped with everything from American style fridge,washer/dryer to blender and cheese grater. A good selection of DVD's are available free of charge from reception and a welcome pack was left in the fridge.
Walking distance from the hotel are the Cliff, Cariba and Scarletts, three fabulous restaurants. We ate in all three and were not disappointed.
I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends and if we return to Barbados would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach View is a family run self-catering hotel, located on Barbados's beautiful West Coast. All suites feature full kitchens and open plan living and dining areas offering fantastic ocean or garden views. A large communal pool area with separate adult and children's pools, bistro style cafe, rooftop bar, in room grocery stocking, airport transfers and a range of other convenient services combine to provide all the ingredients for a totally hassle free holiday. Winner of Traveler's Choice award for 'Best Service' every year since 2014! Beach View is currently constructing a brand-new extension to the existing hotel and adding 10 villas, 9 suites and great guest facilities. Together, the properties create a 55 unit boutique hotel set amongst five acres of lush gardens. The new facilities include a large reception, full-service restaurant, small gym & spa, and 2 more swimming pools. The new villas & suites will open in November 2018. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Beach View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach View Saint James
- Beach View Hotel Saint James
- Beach View Barbados/Saint James Parish