“Poonka”

Ranked #11 of 148 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Great music at night with a variety of bands. Food is well prepared and at affordable prices. The bar is well stocked with endless drinks to suit your taste, along with the local Rum Punch blend. The atmosphere is terrific next to the Waterfront, away from traffic, exhausts and noise. In the heart of Bridgetown it has served its customers and visitors well over the years. The experience is just wonderful.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Always worth a stop here to watch the world go by whilst having a drink or eating a portion of fish cakes. Opposite the careenage so you can also envy those who have the money to own a yacht in the Caribbean or dream that one belongs to you and you’re just having a break... great ambiance, good service, worth a stop before or after your shopping in Bridgetown.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

We had gone into Bridgetown for a look around and saw this restaurant which looked nice and cool in the heat of the day.

Hardly anyone in there when we went up but a few more people came in during the time we were there.

The large menu looked inviting and I asked for the waitress for a recommendation. When she hesitated I should have been put on my guard! Drinks were quite expensive but, then we were in a central restaurant. My son ordered a margarita pizza, I a chicken Caesar salad and my hubby chose calamari and chicken satay from the tapas selection.

The pizza was pizza dough with no tomato sauce at all, slices of raw tomato and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. A 5 year old could have done a better job! My salad was chopped lettuce, a few chunks of dried up grilled chicken, a few toasted bits of bread (complete with crusts), a sprinkling of cheese and a little pot of Caesar flavoured mayo. Really indigestible. Again, a 5 year old would have done better. My hubby’s tapas looked appetising but, again, everything was over cooked and dry. Never again......

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice! Good food with good jazz music,
Great for dancing!! Nice outside seating by the harbor! Menu for everyone!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My friends and I went in May and June, the first time the service was great as we were served by a pleasant young lady. However, the second time we actually had to go to the bar in order for someone to come to us after about 20 mins. Despite the second experience the atmosphere is relaxing and scenery gorgeous! It is a lovely place to go with friends to chill and relax over a beverage and food. I would definitely go back again!

Date of visit: May 2018