“Could this be the best tea room in the world?”
Review of Chatters Tea Room

Chatters Tea Room
Ranked #35 of 148 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional English Afternoon Tea Room N.b. Located at Bagatelle Great House. ..Hwy. 2 A..north of Warrens, St. Thomas.
Reviewed 21 March 2015

Could this be the best tea room in the world? We have visited many in top hotels and Cunard grills, but nothing equals this place.
We first discovered this in 2008 and it is now a priority to visit on any Barbados holiday.
You simply cannot fault anything. It is the prettiest of tea rooms in a beautiful setting and just perfect whether you enjoy it inside or on the veranda.
The service is faultless and whether it be the sandwiches, the quiche, the cakes, the scones or the unlimited tea - everything is an indulgent treat.
The 3 course tea is 20 US dollars and you will be unable to eat everything and will have to take home some cakes in box.
Forget dinner in a restaurant one night and have afternoon tea here instead, it will be a highlight of your holiday.
This is a 6 star experience

Date of visit: March 2015
3  Thank firstcuckoo
pearlygirlont_Canada, Owner at Chatters Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hello, you happy person !
Just to advise you...that My husband and I have reopened Chatters Tearoom as of May 2018...
We are serving a 3 Course Full Afternoon Tea at the
Price of $ 55.00 B.s....
Open Wed. To Sat. 1 to 4 p.m. Last sitting.
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback,
Ph. For reservation at 820- 0459 or 258 - 9005

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

Chatters tea room was a little tricky to find but worth the effort. It is a lovely romantic setting - it's a venue which is also used for weddings and little girls "princess" birthday parties. Rhonda and Hyrna served us both were very attentive without being intrusive. We had the full afternoon tea and so glad we saved ourselves as the food was delicious. It was a tea with a Caribbean twist (not spice) more from a fruit aspect but nothing scary. Overall I don't think you'll be disappointed and may well come away as we did with a box of treats we couldn't manage at the time for laters!!!!! Great value for money.

Date of visit: March 2015

Hello Jackie,
I want to advise you that Chatters has been re-opened by my husband and me ( Heather Straker ).
We have worked diligently to get it on its feet again...now that we are in " the Season " everything is working out quite well.
We are Offering a Fixed 3 course Afternoon Tea at
$ 55.00 B.s.. cash/cheque plus gratuities.
Rhonda is still working with us..and doing great! Still her very efficient self.
Our ph. No 820 - 0459 or 258 - 9005
We also have our original Gift and Jewellery Shop in action ..New, Estate and Antiques.

Reviewed 3 February 2015

My friends and I spent a delightful afternoon having full tea on the verandah at Chatters Tea Room which is located in Bagatelle (not Bridgetown) on the former estate of Lord Willoughby. The view overlooked the gardens which were lovely. It took about 30 minutes from our condo on Dover Beach to get there.
First we each selected our own tea - didn't bother me that it was from a box of tea bags as I am not a purist when it comes to tea. They also served wines as well.
The first course was a 3 tier tray of savouries - quiche, two kinds of tea sandwiches and two kinds of mini wraps. Everything was fresh and very tasty. After we had time to digest these, our server brought the pastries which included pecan tarts, cherry cheesecake, carrot cake and chocolate cake. They were all very good but I have to say we took most of them home with us. The final course was a scone with cream and strawberries. It was not true clotted cream but appeared to be fresh whipped cream (had a slight lemon taste). It was like having strawberry shortcake to me which I really like rather than scones with clotted tea and jam.
We all thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon at Chatters. The service was well paced and unobtrusive and the food was excellent quality. It was delightful!!

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank sara_jw
Reviewed 6 December 2014

My brother and I visited Chatters Tearooms for the first time this afternoon. It will certainly not be our last visit! It is to be highly recommended.

We had booked full afternoon tea on line before leaving England. The cost is at present 40 Barbadian dollars ( 20 US dollars ) which is a very reasonable price for Barbados. I frequently go out for afternoon tea and so pride myself on recognising a good one. This was excellent!

We ate outside on the verandah overlooking the lovely gardens. There was a pleasant breeze. The table cloth and napkins were linen, the plates and cups were china and the presentation of all the food was delightful. We had a choice of teas from a large selection of Twinings and could have had as many pots as we wanted. We started with a selection of delicious sandwiches, wraps and quiche. To follow was a lovely variety of cakes and pastries and finally there was a warm scone, strawberry and cream.

The staff were absolutely delightful and our waitress, Rhonda, was a very personable young lady with a lovely smile and manner. She very kindly telephoned for a taxi for us afterwards to take us back to Holetown ( 20 Barbadian for interest)

Chatters Tearoom is part of Bagatelle Great House which was built in 1645 and was a former plantation house and the home of The Governor of Barbados. It has history and style and it was interesting to look round it and saunter through the gardens.

If, therefore, you are looking for a delicious, sensibly priced afternoon tea in lovely surroundings, served by the nicest of staff, make sure you head for Chatter's Tea Room in Bagatelle House. One of the nicest afternoon teas I have had........and my goodness, I have partaken of a few!

Date of visit: December 2014
5  Thank appleblossom81

Hello,

I am going through the responses left for Chatters to advise you that my husband Trevor and I have Reopened Chatters Tearoom at Bagatelle Great House again.
Should you come back to Barbados...we are open
We'd. To Saturday's 1 to 4 p.m. Last sitting
A
3 Course Full Afternoon Tea awaits you.
At $ 55.00 B.s.plus gratuities ....ph. For reservation ..
258-9005 or 820- 0459
Heather heatherstraker@hotmail.com

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Chatter Tea Room was such a refreshing getaway for my best friends and I we just couldn't leave even at closing hours. The ambiance was so tranquil and the service was so friendly. There were historic artifacts and photographs that give you an experience of nostalgia. Cheers!! to this place of great memories.

Date of visit: May 2014
1  Thank Harriet B

Hello Harriet,
I am just writting to advise you that my Husband Trevor and I have recently Re- opened Chatters Tearoom. ..
Open Wed. To Saturday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Last sitting
We still Serve a full 3 course Afternoon Tea / coffee
for $ 55.00 B.s..plus gratuities. Our New, Estate and Antique Shop is open too..
Please call us...246-820 -0459 or 258 - 9005 for reservations.