“Pleasant apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Bedroom Kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Bedroom
Kitchen
Living Area
Bathroom, dining area and closet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Global687...
“Pleasant apartment”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Owner very friendly and helpful, as was everyone in Bermuda. The apartment was very clean and well equipped and suited our needs perfectly. We had a fantastic holiday and if we were lucky enough to get to Bermuda again this would be the place to stay.

joanne201...
Halifax, Canada
“Perfect for the two of us”
Reviewed 17 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We arrived at the Pembroke apt. sight unseen and found all was as advertised. It was a great experience for my husband and I. The apt. was spotless and had all the amenities we needed. The owners were very kind and helpful. They pointed us to the local grocery store, swimming holes and other local places. They looked after getting our bike flat tire repaired so we could be on our way. We loved living in the community. Our daily walk to Hamilton was 18 minutes tops and once there we had access to all buses/ferries. The feeling we had of being safe and comfortable was wonderful and hearing the serenade of tree frogs at night was truly Bermuda. We would love to come back. Thank you Bea and Anthony

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: We were not on a resort, we lived in the community. We could cook when we wanted and had access to all buses/ferries within a 15 minute walk.
Liked least: Nothing, it was great for us.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
The T
“We felt unwelcome”
Reviewed 10 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

We arrived on the 22nd April at noon sometime after 3.00pm so excited to see the apartment was very clean and overlooking skyline of the city of Hamilton.The owner came to greet us at 9.30pm and surprise to see our 14 years old son with us.So we apologize for not informing her before since we didn't expect him he would spend few nights with us [ he lives in Bermuda with our family] she said we breach our contract because we book for just the two of us,again we said sorry and we'll pay additional cost,but she said it's alright don't worry about it.On the third day we couldn't get hot water for the shower and we couldn't turn on stove to boil water for tea and WIFI was off line too.We informed her and she said the system was off which left us wonder what kind system was she talking about?To our surprise later on we had hot water and stove was able to turn on but wifi was still off.We have to use their plastic glasses but we won't use their degraded nonstick utensil.Constant neighbor dog barking at night and traffic next to apartment. On the sixth day of our stay we finally got our wifi and went online to pay additional $300.75 for our son stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Convenience to nearby store and walking distant to Hamilton
Liked least: dog barking and apartment is located next to public road
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
17 May 2016
Dear Tony and Kathleen,

Sorry you felt "unwelcomed" but I don't understand this review since you just inquired about coming back to stay at the property in July...

Nevertheless, We were more than accommodating to you and your wife during your 10 day stay. You entered the property around 4:30pm and I know this because I received a notification from my security system. Also you did breach our agreement which stated you where occupying the property for 2 people ONLY. I did come over to the property due to the water pump running for over an hour and a half. When I entered and wanted to check to see if anything was left running by accident you said "Oh we're just getting showers" and I said to you but the water is still running in the bathroom and Kathleen (your wife) was on the sofa. That's when you decided to say "Oh that's my son getting a shower". I then told you that you never stated 3 people would be staying in the property. I said your son can stay the night for free but if his staying the whole duration of your trip there will be a fee and you apologize and said no problem you'll pay if he does intend to stay the duration. 4 days later I knocked on the door because you hadn't said anything about your son staying the entire weekend; once again he was only due to stay Friday night. You then gave the same story talking about you didn't know he was going to stay the whole weekend and that's when I told you that I'm going to charge you. After the fee was mentioned AGAIN, you decided to get rude and say there's no gas for the stove along with other comments; you never knew the hot water wasn't working until I said to you that the pump hasn't stopped running for the last hour and there must have been gas if you just got a hot shower. Nevertheless, we rectified the problem and you had gas in 20 minutes. You was quite surprised you got the gas so quickly and was told that the gas operates your stove and your tankless propane hot water heater. I told you due to you taking a combined two hour shower every day along with cooking caused the gas ran out fast. I even told you that I've never had a couple stay in my property and use a half tank of gas in 4 days (Also since Tony use to live in Bermuda he knows we also depend on the rain to get water which is also baffling as to why you take such long showers). After the gas situation was rectified on the 4th day you emailed me at 9:16pm on the 5th day and said your internet wasn't working which seemed strange because you emailed me. The entire house is on the same system so if I'm getting internet then so are you and you was told this as well. When I came to check your connection you had limited access because the access point had been tempered with so I had to reset the access point. When I left the apartment the system was up and working on day 5. Day 6 I came to you and asked you is everything fine that's when you said the internet wasn't working again. I then took the access point and reset it AGAIN because it was tempered with a second time. After the second reset on day 6 I told you that I did work for a computer company so I know when its been tempered with. So technically you wasn't without internet for more then 24hrs. Lastly, you was cooking in the apartment the whole time. Your issue was that you wanted stainless steel cooking pots and since we didn't have them you didn't want to use the Teflon ones that were provided. As far as the neighborhood, Tony should have known the neighborhood quite well being his daughter lives down the next lane from the property that's why he choose my property so they were all in close proximity. We are located in a neighborhood so traffic and neighbors dogs are beyond our control. Its evident that living in a neighborhood will not be as quiet as a hotel or library. Some neighborhoods may have cats meowing and screaming children its nothing we as home owners can do. I'm sure your neighborhood isn't as quiet as a hotel or library either.

But nevertheless in ending, as you can see all your issues where dealt with in a quick and prompt manner and you seemed quite pleased to me. We even had a good long conversation on day 6 about my property, you and Kathleen's life back home as well as my life here in Bermuda. But as I stated earlier I'm sorry you felt "unwelcomed".

Best regards,
Anta-Nae Butterfield
Prestbury...
Cheshire
“Very well equiped apartment in first class condition”
Reviewed 27 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed for 10 days and had a fantastic holiday. We were returning to Bermuda after 43 years and were not sure what to expect but received a great welcome from Antony on arrival who showed us around the apartment and took us in his car to the local supermarket, first class service. The apartment has a good size bedroom, sitting room and fully equipped kitchen. All these are in very good condition and we were provided with everything we needed for cooking and washing. The shower worked well and we could have been in a five star hotel with everything very clean. We used the washing machine for cloths and this worked well. The apartment is in Hamilton so there is some noise from traffic and dogs across the road but this was not a problem and we slept very well.

We had planned to use a scooter for our trip but when we saw the traffic decided to use the bus to get around. This worked very well and the bus service is very good with the major routes having a bus every 15 minutes. From the apartment to the bus station is a 15 minute walk but from there we could get anywhere on the island and enjoy the view. The bus is also the only thing on the island which is cheap. From the apartment to Front Street is a 20 minute walk so everything is on hand.

This is a great place to stay and see the true Bermuda and its very friendly people. The wifi worked well.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment was of a good size, well equiped and very clean
Liked least: nothing
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Paul F
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Nice apartment and conveniently located”
Reviewed 30 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We rented this apartment during May 2015 and choose it as was was the most competitively priced place that seemed to suit our requirements.
We we delighted with the place, it had everything you need and the hosts were great, friendly and very helpful - but you'll find that of everyone in Bermuda!
The island is an amazing place and you can't fail to have a great time.
The apartment is just 1mile from Front Street, Hamilton, so you are close to the action and its even less distance to the bus station so very handily placed to get around.
All the little things have been taken care of and the apartment had things like a hairdryer, iron and board, washer/dryer, beach towels, even a snorkel and mask!! - all the little things that are helpful and useful. A grocery store is only a few minutes away.
We had a great time and would certainly recommend the apartment as a well priced and centrally located place to stay - thanks to our hosts for a lovely visit!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great location for town and bus stops
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing