Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
An entertaining afternoon experience

This was a perfect activity for a rainy day. My favourite part of the exhibit was all the different... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
amandagreber
Toronto, Canada
Very enjoyable

This was very interesting and great fun. We were just using it as a couple of hours out of the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$ 75.00
from US$ 72.14
from US$ 52.14
More Info
All reviews shark cage virtual reality america's cup rainy day sea shells interactive displays submarine experience all ages treasure hunting nice museum bottom floor great displays great place to visit on display kids and adults downtown hamilton whole family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This place was great!
It is a bit nondescript from the outside so I would suggest telling the driver where you want to go if you take the bus. The bus stop was right across the street which was very convenient.
There are many exhibits here. One of the first was a Virtual Reality head set which made you seem to be racing on a catamaran(?) which was pretty cool. Our favorite was the Shell Room though! So pretty! Everything from the color of the room to the shell varieties and the descriptions was spot on! We also truly enjoyed the treasure rooms which showed you the spots in which ships were found submerged along with some of the booty recovered. It was really interesting to see how pieces of eight were made and valued. The lab experience was fun too but maybe geared towards younger kids.
Overall, the Institute was educational and well worth our time. Btw, the free wifi was a plus since it is not available many places on the island. (The library in Hamilton near the park also has it)

2  Thank Cindy R
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Great way to spend a couple of hours on a rainy day. Walking distance from hotels in Hamilton. Loved the Americas Cup interactive display and virtual reality experience. Good stuff!

1  Thank janjanvanman059
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We traveled to Hamilton and took the free 10:30 tour at the city hall . As we exited the city we decided to go to this museum. What a great experience.After walking the streets of Hamilton, the air conditioned museum was a relief. They have a extensive shell collection and a exhibit on the America's cup with a 3 D experience when you put on the googles. There is an exhibit covering shipwrecks and artifacts recovered.The museum is great if you are traveling with a family.

3  Thank CEC51
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Wow, I didn't expect this museum to be one of my favorite spots in Bermuda. Very informative for all ages. Seashells collections were impressive. The exhibition of America's cup were extremely fascinating even though I never had experience in water sports. I really promised myself to bring our children to here sometime soon....

1  Thank Cocotkh
Reviewed 17 August 2017

A really well curated 'museum' that educated, informed and entertained giving visitors a good history of Bermuda and explaining all about the formation of the island, the sea life and some of the nautical history. Was really well done, informative, and kept the kids (10&8) busy throughout - though I probably only read 1/5 of what was there to read as I kept pace with the kids. This is a solid stop and I thought was really well done, well cared for and worth visiting.

1  Thank Ian G