“Great diving experience with a small shop” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JADS Dive Center

JADS Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in San Nicolas
More attraction details
Owner description: By working in small groups this allows us the flexibility to adapt to our guests experience a/o needs. Most of our guests are boat diving from our 36' vessel conveniently docked behind the airport.We make scuba diving on your Aruba vacation convenient and enjoyable.Once you arrive at JADS you are more then a guest; you become family. On property: Bar & Grill, rinse area, washrooms...All experience levels are welcomed.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great diving experience with a small shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

A diving trip can be made or broken by who you go with. You want to look for expertise, local knowledge, friendliness and most important, safety. JADS has all of these. Located on the southern tip of the island, JADS is a small shop but has great rental equipment, and friendly and knowledgeable staff. One of the first trips where the van was ontime for all the pickups. Getting to the site was fast, as was getting into the water. It's boat never takes out more than ten divers, so it is an intimate affair compared to most of the other shops that have bigger boats and load them up. The divemaster/instructors, Ernie and Rudolf, made you feel safe and were great leads. I've been diving for 20 years and Rudolf showed me some great new tips! He was very friendly and worked great with my newly certified teen on his first real dives. Overall the experience could not have been better! Thanks!

1 Thank predman
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

asbury park
“Great checkout dive!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

My 10-year-old had an amazing checkout dive - and first diving experience - with an instructor at JADS named Rudolph. He is really fun and understands kids, but also very professional - he really reviewed all the skills and rules. Our shore dives were beautiful with lots of fish and healthy coral. I am a divemaster and have been all over the world, and I would rate this shop and instructor as top notch.

1 Thank m0mdiver
US
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“These guys are very nice but the diving is pretty basic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I want to make it clear that I think the dive outfit has very nice helpful employees. One huge advantage to this business is that they do not crowd their boats with too many people. Their gear is in good shape and they aim to please. Maybe it is because I have had too many dives in other better places that I was not that impressed with Aruba. That said, if I were to dive in Aruba again, I would go with this outfit.

Visited March 2012
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing First Scuba Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I went scuba diving for the first time a few weeks ago during my vacation in Aruba. I felt totally safe as we first discussed health background, watched a safety video and were able to ask our instructor any nagging questions we were worried about. My beginner's lesson was just one other girl, myself, and our instructor Rudolph. He was awesome. Very personable, candid and extremely conscious of making sure we were comfortable.

We did our training in a calm and protected part of the ocean, and after that headed for deeper water to explore. Rudolph was a great guide as he helped us get used to descending, swimming under and pointing out various sea life as we had our adventure.

I would LOVE to go back and do it again, and I would absolutely recommend diving with JADS and with Rudolph especially to anyone!

1 Thank aje1120
Greece
“A unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Usually I don't write reviews, cause most of the times I don't think that it worth spending my time. But with JADS Dive Center it's totally different. The experience we had was really beyond words.
We were completely novice with scuba, so at first we were a bit hesitant when the van came to pick us up from the hotel. Furthermore, my wife had a slight cold and we were afraid that this could affect her diving. And this is when JP came to save the day! With great professionalism and patience managed to make it possible for us to go to a depth of 12m and see a beautiful wreck at mangel halto beach and some great samples of the area's marine life, despite the equalization problems my wife had at first because of her cold. The greatest of all was that JP took some really amazing photos of us and send them to me as a gift for our honeymoon, actually one of the best gifts I've ever had in my life!
In general, JADS Dive Center might be a bit more expensive than other dive centers, but I am most certain that it really worth the difference, considering that every diving group consists of maximum 4 persons, giving the opportunity to have a personalized training and diving experience.

Visited March 2012