2 people have started booking this hotel
US$ 532
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
US$ 518
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$ 499
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Hotels.comUS$ 532
Riu.comUS$ 532
HurbUS$ 561
4,547 results
All reviews riu palace aruban restaurant specialty restaurants pool bar towel clips private pool steak restaurant entertainment team a la cartes sister hotel ocean view junior suite musty smell one happy island nachos our honeymoon main buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2021

This was the first time where we were staying in the property during reconstruction.
On a top, those reconstruction should be done at least 10 years ago!
This property is in a horrific state: rooms are extremely old with broken furniture, leaking ceilings, clogged showers. Hallways are dirty with smelly ripped carpets.
Not only that, next to this building another construction site.
That was a first time in my experience when Adults only resort had less restaurants with lower quality food and services than family hotel.
Buffet was pretty nice but with same menu day after day!
Service was the only positive part of this stay. All personnel were trying their best to bring this ran down place to some kind of level. On contrary , the family resort had all different menus and food every day.
I have photos to share but sometimes is with the site and unable to upload.

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank am0821
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Antillas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear am0821,

Thank you very much for sharing your review.

We are sorry to hear we did not live up to the standards that you expected and for the disappointing experience you had as our guest.

Please rest assured that we will communicate all of your valuable feedback with our management team, as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel and service, we give our guests.

We hope you allow us the chance to host you in one of our Worldwide premises soon for a more positive experience.

We wish you all the best,

Reviewed 14 September 2021

My husband and I stayed at the Riu Antillas for our anniversary getaway and honestly we were very disappointed with our hotel and room. There was construction happening at every floor of the Anitllas hotel except the lobby so be prepared to walk through a construction zone, walk pass a lot of workers as you make your way to your room. And for a lot of noisiness. The room itself is very dated also and because of the construction you'll get some dust into your room. This hotel needs major updates for the price they are charging people. But aside from that we found the resort itself to be really nice, the staffs were really nice and the food was not terrible for resort food. However, I did get sick to my stomach the first day there after having lunch. Because there was construction at the hotel my husband and I spent our time mostly staying outside and the best part of that was the beach. We loved loved the beach since this hotel is in Palm Beach area the water there was superb. I would definitely love to go back to Aruba as we found the beaches and people to be very lovely but not sure if we'll stay at Riu again.

Room tip: If you are looking to travel anytime soon and planning on staying at RIU i would recommend staying at RIU Palace instead of Antillas.
1  Thank sunitapineiro

Dear sunitapineiro,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

It is a great honour to us that you have chosen our hotel to celebrate your anniversary therefore we regret that your stay at our hotel did not fulfil your conception in general.

Please rest assured that we will communicate all of your valuable feedback with our management team for an appropriate follow up and despite the mentioned inconveniences we hope to have another chance to welcoming you back in the near future so that we can provide a more satisfying experience.

Please receive our warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2021

Where do we begin? My wife and I got married on Sunday September 5th and we were ecstatic to visit Aruba! We had heard so many wonderful things and could not wait to begin our honeymoon. We desperately needed a vacation and had spent so much of our hard-earned money. We booked the Riu Antillas through our travel agent and had heard remarkable things. So, we fly into Aruba on Tuesday the 7th. On the way to the hotel was the first time we found out about the “active construction”. Well! There was construction alright. We were checked into room 1628. A room, DIRECTLY next to the construction. We thought, oh well, we won’t be in the room much anyway. Our only worry was what time the construction would begin. We were told 8am (that was a LIE). While in the room, we discovered there were no lightbulbs, so we tried calling the front desk but that didn’t work. So, we walked down, and politely explained that there were no bulbs. The front desk attendant then asked a bellman to take us to a new room. In that new room there were in fact bulbs, we asked if instead of having to pack our stuff if we could have bulbs delivered? They said oh of course! Well, we went to dinner, came back to the room and what do you know, no bulbs? Oh well, we said. Then went to sleep. Now you remember they said the construction started at 8am? Well, the next morning at 6:30am the workers started. 6:30 in the MORNING! BRIGHT AND EARLY. This was absurd. I could not deal with this for 4 more days. I immediately packed my stuff, went to the front desk, and asked for a room change. While at the front desk the attendant stated, “wow, I didn’t know we were booking those rooms”. Well yeah because it was right next to the construction! We were told to return at 1:30pm - 2pm to get a new room. We went back at 1:30pm and we get moved to room 932. Merely 2 rooms over from the construction on 926. Knowing that this was not good enough I went back downstairs and asked for a different room. We were moved to 1135. Now, when we first booked, we paid extra $ for a pool side/ocean view. 1135 was a nice view of the back of another hotel. So, we explained this situation and were moved to 803. Yet 803 didn’t have any type of view either. So again, we asked about a new room. The attendant at the front fought with us for about 30 minutes before telling us that we could pay and extra $457 a night and TAKE a room from someone else. Legitimately he said that! TAKE A ROOM FROM SOMEONE ELSE? How is that even customer service? We have an issue, and their solution is to pay more and make it someone else’s problem? That’s insanity! Well, we argue for another hour and low and behold we finally get a decent room. 1305. At this point we’ve essentially seen every room at this place. Well, 1305 was great. We slept well that night. Got up and went to De Palm Island (absolutely beautiful and they actually know customer service). Upon our return from De Palm, we come back to the hotel and decide to book a honeymoon photo shoot package downstairs at the Riu Antillas hotel. We are so excited for our shoot, so we head upstairs to our room to get ready. When we get on the floor the lights are flickering in and out. We get to our room and find out THERE IS NO POWER!! I immediately mention this to the staff, and they begin speaking in Spanish. Unbeknownst to them I ALSO SPEAK SPANISH. They’re talking about how they have no idea what’s happening, they’re blaming other people and can’t come up with a solution to fix this. They’re talking about how the contractors are useless and have been URINATING in the hallways (I actually saw one smoking cigarettes while working on the electrical). My wife tries asking an employee and he rudely shews her away! He was lucky I wasn’t there for that. An employee who I was talking to goes to the lobby, and lets them know about my issue. Instead of coming up to apologize and fix the issue they tell that employee to go back up and tell me to go down to the front desk and tell them myself! Well, remember that photo shoot we paid for? We have to obviously get ready, so we had to shower in the dark. After showing we go down to yet again complain and hope for a room change. I ended up speaking to a manger who told us that we could go back to one of our previous rooms in a junior suite. This was mind blowing as we have gone through so many room changes, and they are providing ZERO customer service. After arguing for about an hour they give us room keys to 1308, we walk in and it’s filthy. Dirty cups everywhere. Back downstairs we go. Now they give us the keys to 1005. Before we go up though we had to do our photo shoot. After completing the shoot, we pack our belongings (IN THE DARK) and head to our new room 1005. Well let me tell you about 1005. The lights actually work, that’s good. But the bedroom is completely soaking wet. Not wet like someone mopped something wet, wet as in a leak from the AC Unit. It was so filled with water my wife almost slipped and fell. Downstairs we go. By now there is a new manager. The new Manager isn’t aware of this whole debacle and the fact that we are now on a 10th room. I implore him to come up and look at these rooms with us, because this is just ridiculous. This new manager, who seems to actually care brings me to 705 and 805. Both rooms are fine. We decided on 805. I am now laying in bed in 805 absolutely mind blown at how ridiculous this ordeal has been and the lack of customer service. I will NEVER stay here or at any RIU HOTEL again. I’ve spent more time in the front lobby at the desk arguing for a decent room than I’ve been able to spend on the beach or the pool relaxing and actually enjoying my honeymoon. This experience has been awful and put a horrible taste in my mouth for RIU RESORTS. Absolutely awful. I spoke to so many people during this dreadful experience and moved so many times that I can’t recall the names/rooms. It’s been horrible. I will be telling everyone I know to STAY AWAY from this place! DON’T BOOK RIU. THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL!! THIS WAS HANDS DOWN THE WORST VACATION EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. IT WAS EXPONENTIALLY WORSE SINCE IT WAS MY HONEYMOON. THE RIU ANTILLAS GIVES A HORRIBLE IMPRESSION OF ARUBA.

Update: I ended up speaking with the General Manager (GM) after telling him everything, and I mean everything (Urinating in hallways, smoking in hallways, etc.) he offered me a complimentary romantic dinner, AT AN ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT!! I asked him if for starters they could pay for the photos we took ($135 value)? He told me he had to ask since it was a third-party vendor. He asked me to return at 12:30 PM that same day for an answer. I showed up at 12:25 PM and was informed by another staff member that the GM had left for the day, and they still were unsure of the photos. Ultimately the day we flew out, we were informed that our photos would be taken care of, but after speaking with the third-party company, I was informed that this was their idea due to all the problems we had faced with the RIU. At last, someone who understood customer service.

2  Thank Jalvarez31162
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Antillas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jorge,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback.

After reading through your description of your experience, it is quite clear to us that you are not being served with the highest level of hospitality that we are known for.

On behalf of the entire team, we wish to extend our sincerest apologies to you for the variety of inconveniences and shortcomings that you have encountered.

Rest assured; your experience is quite surprising and uncharacteristic for our property, and that your entire review has been shared with our Management Team for a proper follow up.

We, as a team would love to help restore your confidence in our hotel and our staff. We appreciate your time and do hope you give us another chance so we can make it better next time.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 September 2021

I was completely disappointed with this resort. The construction is ongoing and quite a nuisance. The food was not good. We literally went over to the RIU Aruba to eat all of our meals. This place is nothing like any other Riu we have visited. Had this been my first visit to a RIU resort, I promise you, I would not return. The rooms are dated but since you are renovating obviously based upon the noise, dust and excess people on the various floors, why not put people in updated rooms? The door on our 9th floor room would not lock so we called the front desk, they then rig it so that it wont open at all. Why put someone in a room with a broken door? The shower dripped the entire 4 days we were here, even after being "looked at" by a worker. The ice maker on our floor did not work at all, thanks for the inconvenience of having to go to another floor for ice. As a travel agent I cannot in good conscious recommend this place to my clients . Thank goodness the island was so beautiful, otherwise I would have considered this a wasted trip. Please do better Riu Palace Antillas!!!!

1  Thank 177nichelleh

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to know that you have already visited some of our properties and we are glad that you chose our Hotel Riu Palace Antillas for your recent holiday. However, we are sorry to read that we have not managed to exceed your expectations regarding the high RIU quality standards you know so well.

We truly regret that there were a number of elements of the hotel that made your stay less enjoyable. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused and trust that your comment has been shared with management team for a follow up.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to deliver a more enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2021

Came here on our honeymoon expecting a luxury experience, only to find that it would have been more relaxing literally sleeping on the street. The beds are hard as a rock, the pillows are lumpy and small. It’s impossible to sleep and not wake up sore. Even if you like firm mattresses, it’s impossible to sleep in. Every floor is under construction so plan to wake up 8am at the latest to sounds of drilling and hammering resonating through the hall to every room. The bars were taken out of each room as well.

That being said, the staff are friendly and the food at the buffet is OK. The food at Krystal was great. The other restaurants are ok as well, but the menu never changes.

From our first night here where we said “maybe it gets better” to our fourth night here now, we’ll let you know it doesn’t get better. You’ll be miserable. Find a different resort.

Overall, a bad start to our honeymoon. Not what you’d expect for paying over $500 a night.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShorthairHunter

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your honeymoon. We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointment with any issues you encountered during your visit.

We strive to provide an enriching and meaningful stay for each of our guests, and for this reason it makes us sad to hear we fell short of these standards, especially being the first trip as a married couple. This is very uncharacteristic of our hotel and our service team.

Your comments have been shared with our guest services team and taken the necessary steps to correct these issues. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention!

It is our hope you can give us another opportunity next time your travels bring you to the area!

Respectfully,