3 people have started booking this hotel
US$ 532
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
US$ 518
Free cancellation until 06/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$ 499
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Hotels.comUS$ 532
Riu.comUS$ 532
HurbUS$ 561
4,547 results
All reviews riu palace aruban restaurant specialty restaurants pool bar towel clips private pool steak restaurant entertainment team a la cartes sister hotel ocean view junior suite musty smell one happy island nachos our honeymoon main buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2021

The entire hotel is a demolition zone. There is no escaping the noise and construction dust. Even the "renovated" rooms are of poor quality. The hotel staff endured a constant barrage of complaints from guests. Unfortunately, the corporate office's response to my complaint was to punt to the tour company that booked my trip.
I will NEVER stay at a RIU property again!

Room tip: Safe yourself the trouble and just don't go there!
2  Thank rcajacobs
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Antillas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Dear Rosalyn,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Riu Palace Antillas and leaving your comments.

We pride ourselves in providing a pleasant guest experience and as such, it is disheartening to hear that we fell short of providing you a perfect stay. Therefore, we would like to apologize as we have missed the opportunity to leave a positive impression during your visit.

Your feedback is very important to us as we always look for opportunities to provide a seamless guest experience. Please know all of your valuable comments will be shared with the heads of the mentioned areas, as we strive to provide unparalleled hospitality.

We hope you choose to stay with us in the future so we can prove to you how much you are valued.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2021

We arrived on 8/5 and departed on 8/9. Until construction is done I strongly advise seeking any other hotel. We were in room 1035 in the adult section of the hotel. The hallway floors were covered in plywood held together with duct tape. The construction started at 7 am sharp and went until 7:30 pm. They are using hammer drills to demo sections of the hotel and the noise can not be adequately described. For reference I have a sound meter on my phone and it registered 87 decibels in our bathroom. The construction workers have taken over the service elevators forcing the service staff to use the elevators that the guests usually use. So expect some long waits for the elevators. As far as 24 hour service, once dinner closes there is almost nothing to eat or snack on. At 10:30 at night we wanted a snack and was told "there is nothing in the hotel anywhere other than some pre wrapped sandwiches in a cooler". So much for 24/7. Why the 2 stars - the staff was doing the best they could and the pool staff were top rate. The food was good and the drinks included. But stay away until they have finished.

Room tip: There are no quiet rooms right now. Hotel is under construction.
2  Thank G9602VXmichaelg
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Antillas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Dear G9602VXmichaelg,

Thank you for sharing a comment about your recent stay at our hotel.

While we are glad you enjoyed the service of our staff, as well as our tasty selection of food, we are saddened to know your holiday was not a completely enjoyable one. We are also disappointed to read we were not able to reach your expectations with our hotel.

On the other hand, we hope for your understanding that, during this exceptional situation, we have been forced to reduce some of our services for preserving the health and well-being of our guests and employees. We regret if you did not count on this information beforehand.

Please rest assured we will follow up on your review with the corresponding departments for a consideration.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon in order to offer an excellent holiday.

Greetings,

Reviewed 8 August 2021

I stayed at the Antillas 26-30 July and my first time to Aruba and first time doing any "All" inclusive resort stay. I normally do cruises.
I would first point out that the staff, room cleanliness, and food where great BUT that where it ends.
This hotel is under MAJOR remolding to the point that it can be called construction. No water or air at check in and once that was restored no hot water till day two.
We had NO WARNING such remolding was going on and based on other guess checking in and going off on the front desk staff no one had a warning. I would not have booked a vacation all the way to Aruba in a under construction hotel.
The rooms where out dated and had dated/used out furniture BUT amazingly enough clean. PS the "mini bar" was 4 small beers and the liquor cabinet had NO liquor.
The common areas where in poor condition (leaks in ceilings, no or weak air conditioning, dated) including the floor hallways as well as the pools needed allot of maintenance.
I would have booked the Palace next door if i would have been warned and tried to get moved there when i arrived but was told it was fully booked yet others that came after me did move over there. As well others who stayed put at the Antillas because they had to options (like myself) where offered upgrades BUT i was not.
Maybe in two yrs this will be a great resort but NOT today.

Room tip: Book or change your room to the Palace next store.
Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank JPrzyby
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Antillas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your first ever experience at an All-Inclusive resort!

On one hand, we appreciate that you highlight our friendly staff, our gastronomic offering and cleanliness, however, we are sorry to learn that the experience with us was not as good as expected and definately not reflective of the standards of care and value that we are determined to deliver.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Your feedback is essential to us and we truly take to heart any issue that may have an impact on a guest experience. Therefore, we have brought this to the attention of the concerned departments for a proper follow up.

Please do allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back soon so that you can experience ourauthentic hospitality.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2021

Well, here’s what it is. I was happy about almost everything about this resort. The room was great and so was the food, pool, beach access, super nice staff. They really went out of their way to make sure you had a good time. However……who knew there was major and I mean MAJOR demolition and construction going on in the hotel?? It was pretty shocking when I arrived. Clearly they’re updating the rooms, as mine was, but, between like 8:00 ant 5:00 each floor is a live construction zone. I mean it spilled out into the hallways! The workers were all courteous but it was messy! When it’s done, the whole experience will be amazing but I feel like travelers should have been notified ahead of time that this was going on. On the bright side, with fewer people at the hotel, it wasn’t too crowded and you could always find a seat at the pool. I would say to Riu, maybe it’s not the best business model to warn people about the construction, I feel that honesty would have been a better policy if you want people to come beck. Be upfront and offer discounts.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Antillas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Dear 435gregorym,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us.

While we are really happy to hear you enjoyed your room´s commodity, the food variety, the beach and pool areas and our staff members´ accommodating and attentive service, it's unfortunate to find you weren't completely satisfied with your recent experience, as we strive to provide all of our guests with a wonderful time.

Please be assured that we have forwarded your comments to the relevant department for an
adequate follow-up and we are looking forward to having another chance to welcoming you back in the near future.

We remain with best wishes,

Reviewed 5 August 2021

My family stayed at the Riu Antillas the last week of July 2021. We all had fun! There were some good things and not good things.
Good things: 1) Location 2)Beach 3) weather 4) excursions fun and reasonably priced 5) close to casinos and nighttime fun 6) felt safe and protected from COVID
A lot of the same negatives as others 1) Daily construction noise 2) slow elevators 3) limited access to specialty restaurants especially the steak house 4) air condition weak in room and in lobby 5) rooms old and outdated -- we liked our room GREAT VIEW and great balcony but we had to switch rooms because there was a hole in the bathroom ceiling and handle broke in the shower 6) pool closed too early needs more activities at night Nightlife was walking distsnce in town

Overall great trip , nice hotel--it will be great after the renovations are complete but right now it is not worth the high price you pay. I would go back to Aruba but I would stay in a different hotel

Date of stay: July 2021