“Most amazing food and presentation, but not stuffy!”
Review of Ike's Bistro

Ike's Bistro
Price range: US$ 45 - US$ 70
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ike’s Bistro boasts a delicious menu of chef’s specialties. While Mediterranean at heart, it is inspired by Caribbean ingredients. With seating in the garden terrace or around the tropical pool, the experience is enchanting and all menu items are extremely enticing. Let the chef surprise you with his 4-course tasting menu accompanied with a great selection of wines from the Mediterranean and the Americas.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Just returned from Manchebo Beach Resort. Ike's Bistro has amazing food. I am used to typical American high-carb crap food and was worried I wouldn't find anything good to eat here. Boy was I wrong. We ate two nights at Ikes, something different every meal and loved loved loved it. The fish was soooo delicious. I highly recommend the salmon.
Deserts are just as great. Not like I'm used to ... better!

Server Loes was awesome, very attentive.

Also great is their breakfast buffet. We ate there four mornings. Breakfast poolside with wonderful views.

1  Thank lasoul

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful evening at Ike‘s. We went there because of their vegetarian menus options. As vegetarians it is quite difficult to find a proper dining spot on this island if you want more for dinner than just salad. The food was really good for a fair price. The service was gorgeous, especially our waitress Jean who took care of us very well. We were seated directly by the pool and enjoyed an evening with good food and nice company.

1  Thank Sarah W
PatrickManchebo, Manager at Ike's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you so much and we agree with you that Jean and the others give fantastic service and that we feature great food

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have been dining in Aruba for 15 years. Our meals at Ike's last night were the most disappointing we have ever had here. The service was good and the atmosphere was very beautiful...really lovely. We had the poblano soup, the salad nicoise, the sea bass, and the snapper. All were poor. The fish dishes were tough...I've never had bad sea bass. I hate leaving this review, but I do want for Manchebo to have an excellent restaurant. I think they need a new chef or new restaurant all together. We used to dine at Giorgio's, their former restaurant, every year. I miss being able to have a good dinner at Manchebo. Please seriously consider making a change.

4  Thank cpchristensen

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that we missed the mark with your dining experience and we hope that you would return to Ikes to experience just like so many others how wonderful the food is normally

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This restaurant is open air so you have a choice or under the roof or poolside. It's gorgeous. But once the sun sets, you must rely on the table's tiny candle to see anything as it's DARK. Spouse ordered tuna rare, and it came well done - which basically ruins tuna. I ordered veal marsala which was as tough as a cube steak-frankly I wonder if it was really veal, and it had a flavor as though it were grilled. Waitress took our order, another delivered food, and then we were ignored. When we complained to the hostess/mgr, she apologized and offered free deserts which we declined. Would never return for food but perhaps only the bar for cocktails.

3  Thank T D
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The thing that stands out the most about our visit to Ike’s is the staff—genuinely happy & friendly—it felt like they enjoy their work. Our waitress Stephanie was outstanding— she made us feel part of “one happy island”. Of note is the fact that the staff all work as a team- we had 5 staff members helping to serve our meal, all with a smile.
I should not overlook the food! Excellent! Appetizer of grilled octopus & an extra from the chef, tempura shrimp with a shooter of lobster bisque. Mains of grilled shrimp over linguine & seared red snapper. Splurged for desert- wonderful. Everything was absolutely delicious!Observing the staff, it was clear they get to know the hotel patrons that eat at Ike’s multiple times. Made me wish I was staying there too!

1  Thank Gsbraun

Thank you so much for the wonderful review