Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 356
US$ 304
US$ 685
US$ 601
  • Pool
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
  • Pool
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$ 381
Hotels.com
  • Pool
La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 221
US$ 202
  • Pool
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$ 162
US$ 128
Priceline
US$ 460
US$ 403
Priceline
Bubali Bliss Studios(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 109
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$ 832
US$ 731
Orbitz.com
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$ 792
  • Beachfront
1,975 results
All reviewspure oceannew towerswim up barwasher dryer comboolder towerfull bathroomsone bedroom suiteother hotelstime sharejacuzzi tubbutterfly farmgrocery storehigh rise hotelstimeshare ownersmusty smellhappy hoursuper foods
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Just arrived home from a trip to Aruba and stayed at the Divi Phoenix. This was a lovely resort. We stayed here on the recommendation of a friend, and are so glad we did!

The room - we stayed in the "newer" accommodations and found them VERY spacious, clean, pretty. Each had a fairly full kitchen, so if you wanted to take a bus to the grocery store and buy some basic breakfast foods (or something more elaborate), you could store it in a full sized fridge, cook on a full sized stove, etc.

All those rooms, I think, have a balcony that overlooks the pool area and affords a view of the beach, to some extent. You can't complain, the views are just awesome.

If you get up early you can secure a few chairs on their beach underneath a thatched-umbrella type thing. This was AMAZING. The equatorial sun is really no joke, even for those of us who don't burn that easily - it was great being able to hop in and out of the water, and relax in the comfort of the shade. What I liked comparing this resort to others was the sheer availability of such spaces. Sure, some days that area was more crowded than others, but when compared to nearby hotels, this felt more intimate. We also went in early October - I don't really know what the "peak" season would be.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

One thing to understand in Aruba - regarding tips. There's a 15% "service charge" which is a gratuity - however most places state that yes it's a gratuity but it is split amongst all service staff (so waiters and cooks etc alike), and is part of their SALARY. If you want to tip additional - which is kindly but not explicitly stated, and you should, that extra tip goes specifically to the person providing you service that night. So, don't do what I did the first night and say "Oh well let me make up the difference to 20%!" No, generally I feel you probably want to be tipping like you normally would in the states because again, that "service charge" is not so much a gratuity as it is salary.

Pool - swim up bar was great. Always fun. :)

Concierge is helpful in narrowing down activities to do.

OH, and while they do sell time shares, it is not at all a pushy sell. If you should so choose, you can sit with someone for about 5 minutes (really, not kidding, 5 minutes), and get a divi discount card.

Would we go back? Absolutely. White sand beaches? Check. Friendly folks? Check. Relaxing atmosphere? Check!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank climbinggirlnyc
Reviewed 3 October 2011

It was our first time to Aruba and Divi Pheonix and we are already planning our return trip in May. The property and rooms at the Divi were just beautiful.
It's the first hotel on the south end of Palm beach so it is not as crowed and has a much more relaxed feeling then the other hotels up the beach.
Plenty of room on this beautiful property to relax and enjoy the soft silky sands and blue water.
Not as massive as some of the others with a more intimate and casual feeling.
Cann't wait to retun

Room Tip: Check the hot water in the rooms at check in, They moved us to the new tower and upgraded us but still had a 5 out of 10 chance of having a hot shower( it was not cold, just luke warm) although the management did try very hard to correct it. We gave up and lived with that fact, our only complaint.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LorraineNJim
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I have been to Aruba before and stayed at the Marriott Resort and casino.Very nice but not a big enough room for my family of 5.I researched and researched before I came across a vacation rental by owner and stayed this past April Easter break in the NEW DIVI PHOENIX section 7th floor penthouse 2 bedroom UNIT!!!AMAZING is all I can say!!My best friend was staying at the Marriott surf club which I already knew is usually crowded to the MAX!!Very nice property but you feel like your in rush hour traffic all day!!SOOOO crowded.We have 3 children ages 15,11,and 5.My 11 year old son is Autistic(high functioning)But I had to pick a location that I thought would benefit him and help him to have a GREAT vacation.He LOVES ARUBA but the crowds down the other end would just be to much for him and for us!!I am already looking to go back next year.Although Easter week( I travel midweek usually on a Wed. or Thurs.) air fare is usually cheaper on those days to travel.And the Phoenix lets you check in on those days,unlke the usual Fri. and Sat. only check ins with other timeshare rentals.My entire family loved this vacation we did get to visit the Surf Club since my best friend was staying there with her family,so I did have the best of both worlds but was relieved to come back to the Phoenix to relax.It is in walking distance.We went out to dinner everynight and all 3 of my kids loved the walk at night.Beach was amazing at hotel and again less crowded.We don't gamble so not having a casino did not affect us.We rather spend our money on activities with the kids.Jeep tour,and rental of dirtbikes in the desert!!!My sons and my husbands favorite that keeps us coming back to Aruba.Always something to do!!And I forgot to mention the rooms were spotless!!I am a nurse so I notice everything and usually travel with a bottle of Lysol but there was maid service daily and our room was kept clean everyday.Also 2 oceanfront/pool balconies from our 2 bedroom unit.Much more affordable rates than at the Marriott surf or Ocean Club.Restaurants at hotel had great food but we also went out to our favorite restaurants Like Maddam Jeannette's,Ruth's Chris steakhouse to just name a few.But you have to stay in the NEW PHOENIX SECTION.You will not be disappointed.I am so picky and I found a place for my family to enjoy.If you are younger/singles and like to party/gamble you may like the crowded action part of the beach which is by the Holiday Inn and Marriott.But this was my favorite hotel so far and my autistic son was able to really enjoy himself and swim and relax on the beach without getting trampled by the crowds at the other end!!!!!(ONLY complaint is I hated the washer and dryer units in the 2 bedroom)I do ALOT of wash with 3 kids and like to do all my laundry b/f I come home.It was a steam washer and steam like dryer all in one???Couldn't figure out how to work the darn thing and even my husband who can work anything hated the washer and dryer combo.TOOK for ever to wash our clothes!!!They need to get a regular washing machine and dryer!!(Although I'm sure these unite were not cheap) they stunk!!!

Room Tip: New Divi Phoenix section 7th floor penthouse.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank motheof3
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I have 2 jobs and needless to say being able to get time off was a 3rd. Job. However I checked the reviews on all the hotels before I made my final decision on the Divi Phoenix. The pictures online were very accurate. The hotel is gorgeous all the way from the layout, architect, service staff etc. At night the pools give a delightful color show. The lobby is open and airy giving a much needed breeze since Aruba is very hot and humid. The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. My attendant/maid name was Gloria and she was the best.

The beaches look as if it was photo shopped. The post cards that you see and receive are a true and very accurate picture of the island. The sand is white and soft. The water is clear and turquoise and deep blue. The sky is blue with fluffy billowy clouds here and there that look like marshmallows. The island is truly magnificent.

The bad part was, and I hate that there was a bad part of my vacation. Which is why I put it last and made sure that I put the positives up front. In any event, on Wednesday morning I noticed between 3-5 small red raised bumps on my arms and 1 on my back close to my shoulder. I assumed it was from being bit by mosquitoes and whatnot. Especially since the weather was extremely hot and all my outfits were sleeveless,backless and strapless so the insects had plenty of flesh to feast on. My stay was 9-19 to 9-25 I arrived on Mon at 3:30- 3:45. So, the first night I was exhausted and jet lagged and I slept in. Tuesday I was out all day and as I mentioned it was Wednesday when I had the red bumps that were very itchy. I checked the bed and headboard and the crevices. I did not notice anything that would cause alarm. As you know there has been a profound increase in Bedbugs from the motel 6 to the Ritz Carlton. All hotels are vulnerable to the dreaded critters. However, I was really hoping that was not my situation. Inevitably by 9- 22 I had about 10-12 more red itchy bumps on my arms, back, shoulder and neck in the classic pattern of bed bug. I immediately went on-line to check out pictures to see if I indeed was experiencing the effects of bed bugs. What I saw was that they will look slightly different on everyone and that you will have a different reaction to insect bites. What was common was the patterned red bumps that are VERY itchy. I used the sunscreen to help with the itching. When I got home on 9-26 I had over 30 bites on my body with over 95% of them on my arms. I went to Rite-Aid spoke with the pharmacist and she said it looked like a mild case of bedbug bites. She told me to get some over the counter cortisone.10 with 1% hydrocortisone (anti-itch) cream. Because I had a mild case I did not need prescription strength, I also took my clothes to the laundromat and washed them in hot water and dried them on hot for an hour. The Pharmacist also told me to get a disinfectant spray and clean my luggagge. This event has the potential to ruin an otherwise fabulous and all around GREAT vacation,so I choose to let it be just an unfortunate event and not let it tarnish a beautiful island get away. On my next vacation I'll check the beds more thoroughly and at the first sign of red itchy bumps that look like what I experienced, I'll inform the hotel manager and request a diifetemt room. The tricky part is that the bumps resemble regular insect bites, and you have to be careful not to label and
stigmatize a hotel unjustly. All in all I still had a great vacation and I regret that I did not request a different room. However, I believe I have an obligation to inform the hotel so they can address the problem and no one else experience this situation

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank lisaglaze
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This is my favorite place to stay in Aruba. The new section (Bldg.6-9)is fresh and modern with beautiful ocean views as long as you are above the third floor. The pool bar is a blast and the beach is just footsteps away. I think the restaurant is a lunch spot-I would opt to go elsewhere for dinner. The property is a reasonable size compared to the"mega" hotels so you don't get that "too busy" feeling. Fewer kids than most places so you can have a more relaxed adult vacation. Check out "Red Week" for good deals offered by timeshare owners. Great central location on the island.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple