“wonderful again this year!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Carte Blanche Restaurant
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 95
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Carte Blanche is a restaurant for foodies, people who are open minded for an exquisite fine dinning experience, without limitations. Carte Blanche features a 14-seat elegant bar in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere. The highlight of the restaurant is Chef Dennis van Daatselaar cooking right in front of you a 5-course Carte Blanche dinner known as a “chef surprise”. Alongside him is Maitre d’ Glen Bonset pairing wines and mixing premium drinks
Staten Island, New York
“wonderful again this year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were lucky enough to go to Carte Blanche again this year, and it was just as good if not better than last year. We saved our visit for our last night in Aruba, and again it was the best meal of the week. Thanks again Denis and Glenn!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Lewes, DE
“Second time as stupendous as first...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

So much has already been said!! This is by far the best meal on the island--the memory of which you will find yourself reliving long after vacation is done. :) Truly!!
The food, the atmosphere, the wine and the sheer passion that Dennis and Glenn bring to the experience can't be expressed with mere words--you have to try this place.
We made website reservations months in advance to guarantee our spot. I never do that!! This place is worth it.
Given the quality and quantity of food-- the price is exceedingly fair!
They will be moving from the old Windmill to an Eagle beachfront location at the Bucuti late this year. Whereas I am Somewhat saddened by the change- I can't imagine Dennis and Glenn not succeeding at this new endeavor. They are the best of the best. Good luck in this continued journey, guys. Can't wait til next year!!

1 Thank SunnydaysLewes_DE
Agawam, Massachusetts
“Excellent food served in a unique concept--a wonderful experience we will always remember!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Aruba has many excellent restaurants and while researching restaurants for our recent trip, discovered Carte Blanche Restaurant! As soon as our travel dates were set, I made reservations online three months in advance, to find only one day was available during our stay and booked it. We enjoy eating out, making dinner the event for the evening and we enjoy meeting people so this experience appeared to be a special experience and a unique concept worth trying. We were not disappointed! Chef Dennis and Glen welcomed us at the door and made us feel comfortable in our pre-selected seats explaining they wanted us to sit next to guests they thought we would be comfortable with and they turned out to be the perfect match! We felt as though we were attending a intimate dinner party and seated with long-time friends, what wonderful guests we met. As we settled into our comfortable chairs, we decided to try the 5 course meal selection and paired up each with a selected wine. Each course was explained to us in detail as well as the wine and where it was from. The presentation of all courses was so fabulous that I found myself taking photos of each course--and the chefs as they prepared the food directly in front of us. The food, wine, ambiance, everything was perfect! The four hours passed so quickly that we didn't want the evening to end. Thank you Dennis and Glen for a most memorable experience that we will always remember!

2 Thank Loves2Research
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is a "must" experience for all the foodies out there, as well as anyone who truly appreciates a fine meal paired with some great wine. My girlfriend and I enjoyed a fabulous five course meal that Chef Dennis prepared that night and absolutely loved every course. His ceviche is the best I have ever had. The wines that Glen selected for the evening complemented the courses wonderfully. I think the thing that puts the experience over the top are the personalities of Dennis and Glen. They are open to discuss anything related to food and wine (but don't ask to Dennis to give away secrets!) and the conversations that they had with the guests that were present were entertaining and enlightening. Yes, it is expensive, but we left with the feeling that we just had a great experience, and for the money we spent, we felt we were given a great value for that money. We will definitely make it back to Carte Blanche the next time we are in Aruba!

Michigan
“We could not stop talking about our meal - absolutely wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The concept of this restaurant is truly unique. I will be honest, with no menu I was a little nervous going in but after the first course I was convinced that the evening was going to be fantastic. When we re-confirmed our reservation we spoke with Glen and I informed him that my boyfriend would not be able to eat any type of meat because it was Lent. Glen said he would need to talk to Chef, and if it was a problem he would contact us back. Boy did I hope he would not call! He didn't, so we were on our way!

Upon arrival, we met Chef Dennis and Glen and our table mates for the evening. We had a really fun group of people dining with us...would you believe we left the restaurant at midnight? I could not believe we had been there for 5 hours (by our choice)! Every course was out of this world delicious. For the courses that had meat, Chef substituted fish so that my boyfriend could eat it. We were really impressed with that! We made sure to thank the chef and he said when it comes to food allergies, most he can work around. He said that he could not do Kosher or vegan because it would be too restrictive for the other diners and he said that when someone says that they simply don't like something that Carte Blanche is probably not the restaurant for them. If you have an open mind and enjoy delicious food - this is the place for you! If you are open to talking to others you are dining with - this is the place for you! We dined before my family arrived on the island and it was a good decision. A lot of fresh fish is served and they aren't crazy about fish so the experience wouldn't have been the same.

Carte Blanche does not do any advertising, we made sure to "pay it forward" by recommending it to a couple of people at the pool upon our return. The problem is that I don't want to tell too many....we want to be able to get reservations next year! As we were leaving, we just did not want the night to end. We said goodbye to our fellow tablemates and I even asked if I could give Chef a hug - it was that awesome of an experience! We thought it was definitely worth the price, and we are counting the days until we return to Aruba so we can visit Chef Dennis and Glen at Carte Blanche!

2 Thank sandy_bottoms