We used an exchange for this timeshare resort. The good stuff: Eagle Beach is one of the nicest on Aruba (and world class); LQ provides chairs and lounges. Pools are nice enough. The employees are friendly and helpful. The maintenance workers stay busy caring for the gardens and facilities. The one bedroom unit had large, comfortable rooms, including a kitchen, bedroom and dining/living area. Much more room than newer, more expensive resorts. The poolside snack bar is convenient and inexpensive, and the people are friendly.
I tried to use the phone after 11 pm but the switchboard was closed. Paid $25 for wireless internet but could not get a signal in my room. Had to go to the office to use it. After a rainstorm, the whole area reeked of raw sewage. No ventilation for the bathroom. Opened the window to air it out and within 5 minutes we received a call from the office to close the window, Facilities are somewhat dated, but adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Beach Resort consists of 54 suites of varying sizes and different designs in two sections. Guest amenities includes WiFi - pool bar - beach attributes - beach bar - restaurant - car-rental - two salt water pools - lushly landscaped pool deck and is located on world renowned Eagle Beach ... more less
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- La Quinta Palm Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach La Quinta
- La Quinta Beach Resort Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach