“Great hotel....”

Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed for a week in July and had a fantastic time. The hotel is lovely with great amenities. The food is wonderful and whilst there are gourmet restaurants we chose the buffet every time due to the quality and selection of food to choose from.

The location is great too right on the beach and on the front really close to the strip of shops and restaurants including a señor frogs which is always good for entertainment.

The pool staff are great and keep the drinks flowing which is great as it means you don't have to leave your sun bed all day !!!

If you're planning a stay here you will be sure to have a great time.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Barnyards
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Great food, awesome staff, views are to die for. The only thing we had a complaint about were the hard beds, but since everything else was excellent we just drank a few more drinks next day for body to loosen up. We are heading back next year in 2013 and already booked. Can't wait! Zumba is at the pool, very fun o watch if you not want to participate.

Room Tip: 10th floor, building A. Bigger terraces better view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank NCFozzy
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I thought the hotel was really nice. Food in specialty restaurants has small portions. I am not a buffet kind of person but I did think the buffets here were very good. Plenty of variety and alot of different things too.
Beach was very windy here but I did not find a shortage of chairs on the beach. However around pool there was a shortage. I spoke to the General Manager and he has ordered 100 more chairs for the pool area. Yes people do reserve the chairs starting from the middle of the night. But the staff will assist you by bringing chairs from the beach to the pool area.
The beds are extremely hard but if you get the foam topper it makes them bearable.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 10th floor facing the Westin hotel side so we had a nice view of the water.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Luvthebeach35NY
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I just got back from the Riu and was totally NOT impressed! My 1st impression while walking into the LOBBY was : This is it ? What is the big deal with the Riu ? The answer is "NOTHING"!!!! I was NOT impressed whatsoever...I've stayed in many 4 TO 5 STAR all inclusive resorts and this one was the WORST! The employees should NOT be in the hospitality business because they stink Big time at it! A smile, being helpful, speaking English and friendly housekeepers were a complete "NO" none at the Riu Palace! My room didn't have anything written in English..My family and friends also stayed the week that I was there and their rooms some had some didn't! Ordering room service with a Dutch written menu was quite fun! I also got pushed by my housekeeper after I told her we didn't need any more towels she proceeded to push me and get more hard towels into the shower. I was just grossed out alot by many things..for example; we ordered room service & then left the tray outside for pickup. Well guess what ? There was NO "pickup" for about 12hours ! thats disgusting to me! The shower was dirty, the shower head was retarded, the tiles were breaking, the beds were hard!! I was also very very annoyed that there was no over-head light on my mini balcony! Yea & why is everything so mini? Even the elevators are HOT and tight as anything! OVERCROWDED resort with minimal accomodations! The pool was extremely filthy! I saw floating liquor & cups in the pool and floating swirls of sun tan lotion in the water each time I stepped in it ! Also ***WARNING*** smells like poop behind the swim up bar closest to the beach entrance. The smell lingered ALL 5 days I was their. The $$$ they Charge is not valid! Just stay somewhere else...Thanks for listening travelers toodles

Room Tip: If you must stay there then choose the corner suites!!
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Carrie22_12
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Have just returned from Aruba 6th - 20th July 2012 what a beautiful place, we were a little concerned after reading some of the reviews but we needn't have worried the island, hotel and people were fantastic, we were in building B on the 9th floor 3rd room from the end and the view was amazing, the room was lovely and the staff were really friendly even the general manager Carlos made us feel so welcome, yes there is an issue with people reserving the sun beds but that is just selfish people the staff were more than happy to fetch beds if you asked for one, it didn't bother us as we spent most of the time on the beach where the same thing happened with the beds but there were plenty of palm trees to shelter under. People who had a bad experience with the staff I cannot understand we were overwhelmed by their kindness and no we didn't constantly tip them, please if you get a chance go with an open mind and enjoy, it is not called the happy island for nothing

Room Tip: block A or B as high as you can for the view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Barcelo Aruba
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
1.6 km away
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
3.8 km away
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
1.0 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Aruba? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK