My husband and stayed at the Riu from April 17-22 and had a great time. We have been many AI’s resorts in the Caribbean but this was our first trip to Aruba. The first thing I was not so sure about was the constant “trade winds”. At times it did get quote windy and not your drink over and always blew your towel right off the pool lounger. I highly recommend bringing those beach towel clips.
The Room was spacious, clean, and nice. Yes the beds are hard and by the time we left my back was hurting. They stocked our fridge daily with beer, soda, and very large bottles of water.
As with most resorts you have to get up early to get a pool lounger, especially at this resort because it seemed like they did not have enough loungers for all the guests. The pool has tiles missing, paint peeling, and it was a little chilly for us. Waitresses came around often and asked if you needed a drink. We brought our insulated mugs for our drinks and they had no problem filling them.
The beach is nice but the water was not clear like other places we have been too. I had heard something about recent rough waters so maybe that is why and it will clear up, though it never did during our stay.
We both thought the food was very good. It definitely seemed more American than most places that we have been to. We tried the Steak and Italian restaurants and both were excellent. The buffet always had fresh fruit and a nice variety.
We rented a Rhino (2 passenger side by side) from George’s ATV’s and drove around the entire island which was great. The only bad part is that the gas pedal only goes down so far because they have a bolt preventing it from going down the whole way. Everybody is passing you on the road or you are holding up traffic because you can’t go any faster. We also went to De Palm Island for the day, which was a complete waste of money. There is really not that much to do there that we could not do at the beach. The “water park” is small and the water is freezing.
Overall we had a great time in Aruba and would return to the Riu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 Miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 Ft. From various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 Miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach