“Great Resort with a few exceptions”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Jersey
“Great Resort with a few exceptions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My family just spend the Easter week at this resort, and all in all, we had a really great time. The hotel has beautifully landscaped grounds, with a pool that has many different areas to it that always seem to give you some freedom to swim, sit at the poolside bar, or just relax while the kids are in a different section enjoying the water slide. The food poolside was really quite good and plentiful, so if you have a decent breakfast, you can share entrees, eat well and save some money, which matters because Aruba ain't cheap. The staff overall was very helpful, pleasant and more then willing to help in any way they can to help you enjoy your stay. If you choose to have lunch off the grounds, there are places you can easily walk to along the beach path that are somewhat less expensive then the hotel facilities for food and drinks($10 for two coronas just a 2 minute walk away-not bad on the beach with ocean views). The downside of this hotel is that the balconies are so small, you can stand but not fit a chair or table on them. We usually have drinks and snacks on the balcony when we go away, and this was disappointing. Also, reserving shades areas by the pool or on the beach was a total pain in the neck. My wife or her friend had to be at the beach hut at 5:45 am to reserve a palapas or umbrella, or you have no shade for the day, which matters, because the sun in Aruba is strong and you will get burned. Overall, this place is a great place to stay for families, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: IWe had a ocean/Island view room all the way down at the end of the hall on the 7th floor, and the v...
2 Thank bercre
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Korean first
Brasília, DF, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The positive side of staying at the Hyatt, was the location and the hotel itself, very comfortable, beautiful surroundings and updated rooms. The negative side was having to wake up before 6 am to reserve a hut; this was a vacation and nobody deserves this. The hotel is a somewhat expensive for breakfast and snacks but there are lots of choices just around the corner even a mini-market for basics. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.

Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Fast check in, beautiful room. The shower door leaked onto the floor and the string to hang things on didn't work but the bathroom was modern and large, very nice. We had great service at all the restaurants and the food was delicious. Beautiful pool and beach. Lots of water sports available right there. Great scuba team. It's true that you have to get up extremely early if you want to get a chair under a tiki but we never had a problem getting a chair or towel and there was always room under the big tiki. The beach staff was terrific and they have large fluffy towels. Water has warm and calm, no stress when the kids swam. Great location, close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Two things that I would like to see improved are that they speed up the water slide a little, my kids, 10 & 13, didn't feel there was enough water flow to carry them down, they kind of got stuck. The other was that the drinks at the pool bar were very weak! If I pay $11 for a mudslide I want to feel it, I heard others asking if they got the right drink for the same reason.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was my 3rd time here and travelled with my wife and two kids 11 and 9.The hotel and pool area was clean and kept well landscaping around pool and rooms were good.Where I found the issue with the hotel and feel compelled to write the review was the staff at the hotel right from the check in to the bar service people at most of the pools they were darn right rude.Icould not beleive how disinterested alot of the staff seemed and the beach hut reservations was ridiculous had to get up at 6;00am in the morning to get one.THE EMPLOYEES at the hotel do not represent this hotel properly fault should lie with the management who should manage the staff properly .This will be my last stay at this hotel I do not see the value staying at this hotel anymore for the money you pay to stay and eat here the hotel should do a better job with the service they give there guests.As for aruba good family vacation spot with good restaurant opotions outside of the hyatt no need to eat or shop there overpriced and service is bad its to bad beause it used to be better.

1 Thank James R
ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

First let me say this is the most beautiful property right now in Aruba, and it has been that way for years. I however, had a bad experience years ago, then held out and decided after several years things should be better, not so. Without going into boring details, the management staff is sorely lacking. I asked a question about an upgrade before I got there and was left without any response or action. I phoned there right before I left with a promise of a call back I never received. I emailed one of the managers the day I left several times and never received a reply. All I wanted was common courtesy and was met with disrespect. When I actually got there I went to give them a piece of my mind for not returning phone calls and emails and basically got indifference. Finally, the asst manager took the time to talk with me and by then I was livid and told him I didn't want anything from them and it was now about how I was disrepected by management. I wanted absolutely nothing but for them to know how angry I was and it surely afftected my entire week. Never got a call from the GM, have no idea what his name is, they try to keep problems hidden I feel. This GM was no where in sight, like so many other Gm's who walk the property and want to hear from their guests, this guy is no where to be found. I have news for these people, The Ritz and Hard Rock are opening up soon, and they can't just think everyone is coming back regardless of how they are treated, just based on the property itself. I felt like such a number. The workers in the restaurants and housekeeping were wonderful, you knew they appreciated your business as they are appreciative of there jobs, maybe management should feel the same way. This property would have been rated a 5 but managements lack of courtesy and appreciation will eventually affect this property. Bottom line spent very little money at the hotel and ate and gambled elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ohiorona
Hyattregencyaruba, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate you giving our resort a second chance. I apologize for the lack of follow up before your arrival at the resort. While I am confident everything was done with the best of intention, I understand the frustration this caused you.

I am always present around the resort. I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet you during this trip. I look forward to having you as a guest again in the future and meeting you in person.

Again, I would like to thank you for taking time to offer feedback. They help us improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
1.3 km away
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,745 reviews
1.1 km away
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,596 reviews
0.4 km away
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
0.5 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,363 reviews
5.8 km away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK