4,129 results
All reviews ruinas del mar black swans palms restaurant family suite the open air lobby frosted glass juice bar swim up bar other hotels beach hut beautiful resort towel hut aqua grill club level water sports an umbrella our honeymoon
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The Hyatt is such a beautiful hotel. Throughout the property there are waterfalls, talking parrots (one is more talkative than the others), swans, iguanas, various colored fish and a pure ambiance of paradise. On the first morning we did get up at 6:30 a.m to reserve a palapa on the beach, that you had to return to by 11:00 a.m or they would allow someone else to use the location. On the remaining days; we got up later and were still able to get a great location on the beach under a palapa. I am sure this was due to the amount of people staying at the property. Everyday we were able to get floats (complimentary from the hotel) and enjoy the ocean. Every night we went down to the beach and watch the sunset before heading out to dinner. The hotel has torches that are lit along the walkway at night, that set the mood for the evening. One morning we had Palms Restaurant buffet $24 pp and the food was great. We were able to reduce beverage cost by purchasing alcohol from a mini mart down the street across from the Holiday Inn. We spent 6 nights here and didn't want to leave. This hotel has it all; Starbucks, restaurants, casino and shops. There are plenty of dining options in walking distance and we tried a different place every meal. The internet is $10 for 24 hours and $35 for the week. The concierge was very nice in providing recommendations, booking restaurant reservations and providing us small maps to get us to the other locations we wanted to visit. In front of the concierge there is a self service kiosk that will allow you to select the type of food you, a full menu and dress code. This was very beneficial considering we didn't want to dress up some evenings.
We were able to book watersport activities right there on the beach. These businesses accept credit cards, but charge an extra fee; so we decided to use cash for activities.
The hotel staff from the front desk agent to those working on the beach were all very nice and made our entire stay very pleasant. We met some of the most friendly people and made new friends with the hotel staff.
Our hotel room was very spacious and clean. We had a 3rd floor pool/slight ocean view and the view was amazing. The only thing that could be improved is the balcony. It would have been nice to sit on the balcony; however you can only step out and the space is very small.

Overall we enjoyed every moment in Aruba and will definitely stay at the Hyatt again. We would like to also commend Xiomara and Diet for going the extra mile to make our experience extra special.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TXLady10
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Hyatt is a must! Here right now don't listen to what you hear the Hyatt is the only place to stay! The pool, the beach, and the food are alll great! The hotel has been renovated and what a great job everything is so eye catching. You will pay more money but only stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chrissy1970
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you for your warm and positive comments about Hyatt Regency Aruba, Casino, and Spa . We truly appreciate your insights and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2012

After booking and cancelling at a different property, we bit the bullet and spent a little more to stay at the Hyatt. Sooo glad we did! The resort is gorgeous! The grounds are a tropical beauty and my kids enjoyed seeing the birds, fish, black swans, and lizards. The open lobby is uber cool in its modern design and really sets the tone for your vacation in paradise. Of course, you are in an island at the high end hotel, so the food and beverages are pricy. There is a water fountain near the beach bar where you can refill your water bottles. (I discovered this on the second to last day.) Bring plenty of your own sunscreen as I paid $23.25 in the gift shop for ONE bottle after running out on the last day. We ate dinner in the hotel the first night and wandered down the road thereafter. My kiddos visited the smoothie bar every day enjoying a frosty tropical drink poolside or at the beach.
I read about difficulties with obtaining the beach huts. As such, I emailed in advance and arranged to rent one for the duration of our stay. Pastey white skin and the equator don’t mix; it was a great investment. The weather is hot but the constant breeze keeps you very comfortable. In fact, you can use a light jacket in the evening. The only complaint I could pass along is that the walls to the hallways are paper thin. The resort posts “quite zone” signs at the top of the hallways for night hours, but it didn’t really help. Normal voices could be heard very clearly in the room. However, we didn’t hear a peep from our neighboring rooms. Also, the frosted glass window in the contemporary bathroom was better on paper. If you have anyone visiting the potty in the middle of the night, every one will be in the light. Having said that, I’d stay here again in a heartbeat. The rooms were crisp and clean. Additionally, all of the staff were very respectful and made an effort to use our name when speaking to us.
I’m not sure I can braid hair on the beach, but did consider a new career as a taxi driver to offset my departure. However, I departed as planned and am now longing for the soft, white beaches and turquoise waters. Unless you arrive with only your swimmie, you do need to take a taxi ($25) to/ from the airport. I planned on using the $1 bus identified on the Hyatt website, but they don’t allow luggage on the bus. As a potential future Aruban taxi driver, I understand!

Room Tip: I had a basic poolside / ocean view room on 2nd floor - was noisey but beautiful!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank P C

Dear guest,

We truly appreciate the great post to TripAdvisor and want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the world. We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Hotel in Aruba. The hotel was recently renovated. It was immaculate. Casino, drug store,jewelry store,and several boutiques. The hotel had several nice restaurants. The Sunday morning special was the bum. It was delicious with lots of choices and plenty of mimosas. The one thing I was dissapointed in was there was no balcony. The room was a nice size.

Room Tip: We had connectin room on the 4th floor, with no noise problems.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent girls get away vacation and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team and especially your positive comments of our very famous Sunday Brunch.

We look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Great hotel, amazing staff. If you are looking for an umbrella you better be out at 7 am in March. Some of the restaurants were really good others need some serious help. It was my second visit and I will go back again.

• Stayed: March 2012