4,129 results
All reviews ruinas del mar black swans palms restaurant family suite the open air lobby frosted glass juice bar swim up bar other hotels beach hut beautiful resort towel hut aqua grill club level water sports an umbrella our honeymoon
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is the nicest place my wife and i have stayed in. Location is perfect. Hotel is immaculate. Staff is responsive. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2012
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort ,Casino.and Spa!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

One again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Resort Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2012

While it is one of the best, if not, the best resort on the island, they could do a bit better to make the guest experience the feel,like a vacation. During holiday weeks, getting a great spot on the beach is a nightmare. You have to get up at the crack of dawn to get on line. Who needs that on vacation. Also some of the rooms on low floors can hear the a lot of lobby noice and music from the lounge. That said, we requested a room transfer and the front desk manager was understanding and able to accommodate our request. Food was great, staff very helpful and friendly, and the recent room renovation is tasteful and comfortable. On balance a great property in Aruba. We will return.

Room Tip: Avoid low floors
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Last August, we were scheduled to go to an island about to be pummeled by a tropical storm, and we decided to divert to Aruba instead. This is the only hotel my travel agent books in Aruba, and it seemed nice from the website. We thought we would be able to deal with some of the negatives reported in other TripAdvisor reviews, but they really took away from the whole experience. I would give this resort 2 stars, but I'm giving it one extra star since the kids had a really good time, and it was their vacation, too, after all.

The annoyances we faced included having to trek out to the beach super early in the morning in order to get any sort of seat near the water. We figured out the solution to this problem, but it was already day 4 of our vacation: we got one of the vendors to set up a beach umbrella and chairs for us for $35. Another annoyance was having to wait, and wait, and wait some more, for one of the floating mats. In our room, the sofa bed in the living room was very uncomfortable. At the time we went, in early August, the hotel was really crowded, and it just wasn't a vacation where I felt like I "got away from it all". The straw that broke the camel's back was the 4-hour ordeal going through customs at the airport, which I realize was not the hotel's fault, but still, if you are trying to decide whether to come to Aruba, this could be a factor.

The room itself (one bedroom suite) was very clean, but at least two of the windows were so dirty, they were covered up and we could not see out of them anyway. The rug in front of one of the air conditioners was constantly damp. There was no tub, but the showers were spacious. There was good separation between the living room and bedroom, with a hallway between them, and plenty of space to spread out.

As this was a Hyatt, we assumed it would be able to properly handle food allergies. However, the staff here is not very well versed or trained with regard to food allergens, ingredients or food preparation. The managers were a little better trained, however, and gave us some comfort. In the end, and most importantly, my kid with severe peanut allergies was able to eat safely throughout the resort, and not just from the kids' menu. The best trained staff was by far at Cafe Piccolo. The waiter there double checked every item we ordered with the kitchen. The food and wine were also pretty good there.

Some things the kids (8 and 4) really enjoyed at this hotel were the iguanas throughout the property; the huge expanse of beach and unlimited sand for building towers and forts; the mall across the street with a bouncy castle and (very cheesy) water light show; the pool, water slide and pool bar (for apple juice); and the hotel grounds. To be fair, the hotel itself is well maintained and the open air lobby is beautiful. The grounds are heavily manicured, however, and I was hoping for something more low key on this vacation.

Away from the resort, I recommend going to Arashi beach. Lots of shells, lots of waves and not a lot of people. As for dining, nearby the hotel we ate at Smokey Joe's, which has really tasty ribs.

Overall, the beauty of the property and the beach could not make up for the negatives. The kids had a lot of fun, however, and we really could not complain about six consecutive days of sunshine.

Room Tip: The Sunset Suite, where we were mistakenly put the first night, is gorgeous. The views from the balcony are stunning, and it comes with access to the Club Level. It is not, however, a 'suite' as it is only one room, albeit a really big one. There is no separation between the bed and the living area.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We greatly appreciate your business and sincerely apologize for our shortcomings.

We, too, were disappointed that we did not meet all your expectations and apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you were a guest at our resort. We value you as a Hyatt customer and hope to regain your confidence.

To that end, we hope you will once again return to our resort, allowing us another opportunity to serve you in the manner you have come to expect from a Hyatt hotel.

Again, I am so sorry that your visit with us was less than you had hoped. I thank you for your feedback and sincerely hope you will visit with us again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful. The lobby is amazing. The pool area is gorgeous. The hotel staff was very friendly. Having a hut at the beach with towels and lounge chairs was great. I just wish that the hotel had been quiet. My family and I stayed on the 3rd floor facing the pool. Unfortunately, the room also faced the bar. So noise drifted up. Noise was in the hall too, despite the signs asking guests to keep quiet. I would stay at the Hyatt again. I'd just ask for a different floor and a room in a different section of the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the pool and bar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tess178
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed free on hyatt certificates. I would not have used
My dime. $500 a night. No free wifi, boring at the pool. Walked to other resorts and they are playing music and having lots
Of fun. The hyatt pools have to much landscaping and need better atmosphere. Everything was way over priced. Have stayed at aruba timeshares before and that is definitely the way to go.
Make your own food and hang out on balcony. This place was nice, clean, and the staff was good. But needs
More bang for the buck!