We actually traveled in January of 2011 and had a terrible experience, but if it weren't for the employees at the time, I would have left.
First off, it was hard to find. The natives couldn't find the place. Good thing we are good on the road and learned our way around (that was not our first time in Aruba so we were okay with trekking it a bit). We get there an have a room with an itsy bitsy bed. I paid for a king sized and expected to get that. I was told that they try to "accommodate" requests as such. I PAID for a KING size, not an "accommodation" size. Then we had to move midway through our trip there. It was just a mess. The owner tries to sugar coat things too.
Just as everyone states, there is no hot water and limited use of the AC as it was mentioned that it is an eco friendly "resort". Nothing about this place is a resort except for the nice pool and patio area. The rooms are small and very antiquated, you could get charged for anything from breaking one cup to using the AC too much. The beds are not comfortable and there is a smell too. I mean come on, you are on vacation, you shouldn't have to worry about all the 'hidden fees'. Anyway, the employees at the time were very nice and we had a great time with them.
I'd rather pay the extra and stay up by the high rises or boutique low rises. At least I know I would be much more comfortable and not have to worry about anything else.
I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba Harmony Apartments is an intimate, charming and inviting place. We offer modern and comfortable air-conditioned accommodations: apartments, suites and hostel with kitchen and pool at affordable prices. Aruba Harmony is "Close to it all convenience" and yet at the same time "far from it all" tranquility. Harmony is located 1 mile from Aruba's Queen Beatrix International Airport situated. It's situated in Oranjestad just between the shops, nightlife and the beaches. The public bus stops at the corner. Harmony is pleased to offer all the services and facilities that any traveler for pleasure or business would expect to receive. Check in between 3 and 5 PM. Early or late check inn on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Harmony Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel Oranjestad