Bubali Villa & Apartments(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 75
Orbitz.com
US$ 82
US$ 75
Camacuri Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 111
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 285
US$ 275
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbus stationplace to stayapple tvfelt like homeminute walk to downtownair conditionwonderful stayeasy accesstop floorhigh rise hotelsstankempingridaccommodationsarubaislandunit
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I have been a regular guest of A-1 Apartments for the past two decades. I also own a timeshare unit on Palm Beach, so I have a dual perspective as a long-time Aruba tourist. I have found Stan Kemp’s A-1 Apartments to be a comfortable way to extend a scheduled time share vacation. It's also an ideal way to simply vacation in Aruba – not as a tourist, but as a local. Stan, A-1’s friendly host, is a multi-lingual native Aruban who is accommodating and ready to assist with any needs or information a guest may have. The apartments surround the owners’ home and you are made to feel completely welcomed. The apartments themselves are clean and cozy in the Dutch tradition – and ‘efficiency-style’ with all the basics necessary for a comfortable stay. Their newly added in-ground pool with waterfall will definitely add to the already relaxing atmosphere. Can’t wait to jump in on my next visit!

So, IMHO, if you are looking for high-end top-shelf, there’s always the Ritz-Carlton. But if you are looking for a quiet, low-key Arubian vibe, with well-appointed accommodations that are a walk away from the port and from downtown, A-1 Apartments absolutely fits the bill. I’m a lifer, as far as I’m concerned.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We stayed in Aruba for 5 nights. The last night we spent here since our original accommodation was fully booked. The room was dirty and the price significantly exaggerated. We payed 78 US$ for one night (for two), the room was dirty, the shower drain was clogged, the carpet looked like it has never seen a vacuum cleaner. The room was very stuffy since there is no window, if you want air you have to leave the doors open. We asked the owner for a receipt and he didn't seem to like it. He told us that he would bring the receipt to our room which never happened. They also have two non friendly dogs and they had to lock them in a separate room when we were checking-in or going to our room. The owners wife seemed nice. The neighborhood looks dodgy although we were told it is perfectly safe. There are definitely better options out there (like the one we were staying in our first four nights, it was very clean and nice, right in the city center and costed only 50 US$).

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Last minute trip to see my partner and we were looking for a place in the center of Orangestad. Stan and Ingrid very friendly and helpful. 10 minutes walk and your in the tourist part of Orangestad. Air condition worked excellently and we had to turn off at 0200 as too cold - I'm Scottish so thats saying something. Wifi free and works. Apple TV in Room. Cooking facilities basic but we were only looking to make arepas for breakfast so more than ideal. Ok I saw a review complaining about cold water only. Yes but after initial shock it's refreshing again. There is a 2 supermarkets within 5 minute walk and most restaurants will serve to take away if you want. My partner, who is Venozolana, is very selective where she will stay but she will return as she really enjoyed our time together in A1 apartments. If you want luxury or the kind of person who finds fault in everything probably not your kind of place but if your looking for good priced accommodation with helpful and friendly hosts then try A1 apartments. We will definitely be returning. Muchos gracias Stan y Ingrid. Saludos Dave y Claudia

Room Tip: The two front upstairs rooms lead onto the veranda in my photo.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We stayed in Aruba for just thankfully 2 nights before we headed onward to Bonaire for some diving. We had never been to Aruba and quickly found out the busy city and resorts are just not our style. However, I am so happy we found A1 and stayed here with the Kemp's who make you feel more like you are in a homestay versus a hotel. The husband and wife that live here are so nice and kind, and honest. I had mistakenly overpaid $9 by check several months ago and told Stanley that he could give it to me once I got there. I didnt even have to ask and he had it ready for me!
We stayed in the upstairs studio apartment which was small and quiet and met all our needs for a home base and basic cooking. The room itself is a bit tired and would help if they pulled up the carpet as it tends to smell a bit mildewy from the humidity. This is the only reason I didnt give 5 stars. I did see the other bigger rooms as they were cleaning and working on them while we were walking by and they looked WAY nicer. Just so you know there is no hot water outside of the major resorts. I didnt realize this and was waiting forever for the water to get hot. Honestly it isn't even a big deal as its pretty lukewarm anyway and feels nice after a hot day.
The location is great for walking downtown to the cruise port, bus station, trolley etc., beaches are a bit farther but still doable. Its in a safe quiet residential neighborhood.
There is a restaurant nearby we stumbled upon called Caraballos a few blocks away on the main road to the north (on Brikstraat?) that has the best local and authentic food, not a tourist version. We had fish with creole sauce for about $9 each with so much food we had to get takeaway, amazing! Definitely try to find it if you want the real deal.

Stayed: December 2016
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Great location, 5 min walk to main center and main bus station, 15 min walk from the beach and 3 large grossery stores. Ingrid and Stanley are very kind and serviceminded owners providing you with all information needed. The room is big and clean (cleaning ever day) and the kitchen is great with all things you need to cook. Aircondition is silent. The wifi is great and fast. Apple TV and Netflix are also available in every room. Also you have a own balcony with chairs and table to enjoy breakfast every morning or just to relax.

We have been there 4 times and always left this place and the great owners with a smile and satisfaction. Will always stay there when we travel to Aruba.

Safaa & Anna