2,524 results
All reviews infinity pool sea breeze full kitchen swim up bar washer and dryer seabreeze restaurant studio suite grocery store time share dutch village windows on aruba pull out couch shuttle service third floor high rise area tennis courts timeshare owners
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Have just spent the week of January 6 2018 in Aruba at the Divi Village. The rooms were well kept housekeeping did a good job.
The food was excellent. Great service in each venue, we had excellent meals at Mulligans.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank nawhite
TheDiviResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for you review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort and our restaurants. We hope to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I have been coming to this resort for many years. Despite the fact that I have made many reports to management (including the General Manager & President of Divi Resorts), Divi has done nothing to address very serious dangerous conditions. The hallways and steps outside of our unit are severely cracked, loose, and in many locations not even secured to the ground at all... you can literally pick up entire tiles off the ground. Walking up and down the steps is extremely dangerous and very easy to slip, because the tiles are extremely loose.

We had TONS of ants in our bathrooms, which was beyond disgusting. The soap holder in the shower was so rusty, that the soap ended up getting rust all over it.

The beds are very uncomfortable and the mattresses are in bad need of replacement.

The resort has nice outdoor grills, but there are not any grilling utensils to use. I was told by guest services that people are constantly stealing the grilling utensils, so they have done away with making any available. What's the point of having several grills on the premises if nobody can actually use them, unless they want to burn their hands?

We were overcharged on our final statement. The binder inside of the rooms clearly show the rates for various things, however when this was presented to the hotel manager, she would not acknowledge the pricing that was in writing and pried the book away from me.

I can literally write a book about how bad this place has become. Unfortunately, Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort used to be one of the best resorts in Aruba, but due to unfriendly staff, utter lack of maintenance, poor condition of units, and deceiving business practices with billing, this has got to the absolute worst resort in Aruba.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank TheFonzarelli
TheDiviResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are very sorry to hear about your disappointment with your accommodations and our service. Our management team will be reviewing your comments and addressing the issues that you mentioned. We hope to be able to make it up to you next time.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We had a studio room by the pool and it was quite larger than I thought it would be. The resort is very quiet at night so no need to worry about noise from other guests. The beach was a very short walk across the street and their was a gentleman from the Divi to help with lounge chairs every day. The beach is beautiful and offers a wide variety of water sports.
Seebreeze pool bar had good food for breakfast ( try the breakfast buffet. They have excellent made to order omelettes) and lunch Fish tacos are really good. Happy hour at the bar everyday from 5-7 was a plus. Manager's party was fun also. All the staff from check in, concierge, seebreeze wait staff and bartenders and beach personnel were all friendly and always smiling.
Don't miss the sunsets on the beach each evening
Great restaurants close by by taxi in orajestad
Can't wait to return in the future!

Room tip: We stayed in building 6 which was close to pool and beach
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank suzelola

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and our amenities. We appreciate your compliments to our friendly staff and we look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed for just one night because I had a flight delay. I was previously at the Divi Phoenix so some amenities were very similar-I was just in a studio at Golf.

The property is beautiful and the staff incredibly friendly. It's a rather spread out property so I do think they provide shuttles to get you around. I just carried my stuff to my room.
My studio was beautiful. Very new looking, so spacious, beautiful kitchen and a washer dryer! After being delayed, it was absolutely wonderful to be able to wash my clothes in my room.
I didn't go to the beach but the access is across the street. For that reason alone, the Phoenix wins over.
But I'm definitely sold on Divis!

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Intrigueace
TheDiviResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your spacious accommodations even though it was only one night. We hope to see you back in the future for another vacation.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

My husband and I stayed one night here because of flights that needed to be rebooked two days in a row that would have meant missed connections We decided to stay one additional night at Marriott Stellaris, but because our budget was now a big issue, we found the Divi at a decent price and we decideded to check out the low rise area. First, I do appreciate very much everyone’s reviews who stay here frequently and love this resort, but I feel differently. We arrived at 3:15 and were told that the room would be ready at 4:00 and they gave us a beeper - nice idea - but it never went off. At 4:20 we checked at the front desk and they told us the room had been ready at 4. The lobby is open air without air conditioning so it was hot waiting there. The room that we stayed in was really in need of updating and a good cleaning. The lampshades and baseboards needed a good dusting. The paint is chipping off the walls and the outlet cover by the bed was hanging off so I didn’t use that one to charge my phone. I really didn’t care so much that the bathroom had one sink, except it didn’t drain well. I actually loved the design of the open shower because we’re thinking of doing that at home someday and it was great to try it out. The bed was very uncomfortable and, yes, I am spoiled by Marriott’s awesome beds and pillows. The pool is ok but is on the main road so it’s noisy. I think they have nicer pools on the other Divi properties but we didn’t have a chance to check them out. I can’t speak to the restaurants because we didn’t go to any on the property. Instead, we walked up the road to Matthew’s where the ambience is lovely on the beach, but the food was terrible (don’t order the caesar salad or pizza, but the escargots were really good). I was surprised by the flies and mosquitoes here, there weren’t any in the high rise area. However, the palapas are free here, which was nice, it was ridiculous that the Marriott charged $40 a day for them. I know I wouldn’t stay here again, but it was ok for one night and was at least $150 cheaper than the other hotels we could find on short notice.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Teri18901

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We hope to have a chance to serve you for a future vacation when you have more than one night with us. We have a large variety of different accommodations and amenities to fit everyone's needs.
We hope to see you back again.