Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
US$ 83
Tropical Digs(Oranjestad)
US$ 203
US$ 175
Wonders Boutique Hotel(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$ 141
US$ 85
US$ 75
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Camacuri Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 111
Hostel Room Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
A1 Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
US$ 65
2,309 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsea breezefull kitchenswim up barrci exchangemulligans restaurantwasher and dryerstudio roomgrocery storetime sharedutch villagewindows on arubapull out couchshort walk across the streetthird floorshuttle servicehigh rise area
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Nice place but it came up short in every category for an all inclusive. Bars did not open until 11am. No servers at the pools or beach, so you had to get your drinks. At the beach you had to walk a ways and then go to a second floor. one pool had a swamp bar which was better.
The food was ok... just ok.. and the service was just ok. Usually , at all inclusive, the people working there are very friendly and helpful. Not here, they just did the bare minimum. The selection of restaurants was limited.
In general, based on other all inclusive, i was very disappointed...

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph S
DiviResorts, Public Relations Manager at Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

We would like to thank you for staying with us at Divi Village Golf where we aim to provide our guests with an unforgettable vacation experience. We sincerely apologize for any miscommunication concerning our all inclusive program. We have multiple properties, which allows our guests the flexibility of being able to use the amenities at all of our resorts.
Thank you for your review and we hope to serve you again at Divi Village or one of our other Divi Resorts in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I had an excellent time at the Divi golf and beach resort. The staff is top notch, Renee and Emerson at the front desk were extremely pleasant and helpful, Selma was the best waitress and bartender anyone could ask for, and Franklin and Marilyn were both excellent bartenders, never letting my glass go empty and very friendly! We opted for the unlimited meal and drink plan, it was well worth it! The Seabreeze breakfast buffet was very good and the fresh fruit was always ripe. Their shrimp skewers were fantastic as was their beef tenderloin and shrimp scampi. For dinner, we ate at the various restaurants at all three divi resorts. Red parrot, Ginger, and the Palm Grill are all "a must" to go to. The infinity pool is huge and the water was perfect. Our room was clean and very spacious with a view of the restaurant, the pool, and the Caribbean Sea. One week was not enough, next year I hope to do two weeks. Its nice to know that the sme people will be there vacationing the same time next year, so you always have "friends" to talk to. Overall, I'd have to say it was the best vacation I've ever had, and hope to go for years to come, even considering buying another time share week in the near future!

Room Tip: Whole redort is quiet and some buildings have elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank WildwoodBrian
Divi R, General Manager at Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Hi WildwoodBrian,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It makes me so happy to hear that my staff did a good job and were so helpful for you. Additionally, it means so much to all of us at the resort to hear that you had such a great vacation with us. We know that you have a lot of choices when choosing who to vacation with, and we do our very best to make your Divi experience an unforgettable one. We look forward to seeing you again next year and the following years to come. Welcome to the Divi family!

Reviewed 8 April 2016

My wife and I booked a week at the Divi Village to celebrate Valentine's Day, wife's birthday and anniversary all-in-one. Although we were not owners, there was a potential of us becoming owners had Divi put forth an effort to impress. Did Not Happen! Let me take you through our Divi nightmare vacation. We arrived on Sunday 02/14/2016 and acquired a rental car for the week. Upon arrival at the Divi Village around 3:00 PM we were informed that our room was not ready and were given one of those light-up pagers so we could be contacted when the room was ready. We both could sense that we were being treated in somewhat of a dismissive manner which I guessed was because we were not owners but others in line were receiving pagers as well so maybe not. Anyway, after ninety minutes we received our page and were given our keys and information packet. When I looked into the charger where the pagers were stored, ours was the only one still out. We were taken care of last!

We found our room in Bld#3. It was a nice room with a king size bed and a small kitchenette. The bathroom was spacious with a large shower. (No tub for soaking this trip!) The room was fairly clean. There were gains of sand on the floor but that was expected at the beach. What was not expected were the pieces of trash under the bed along with a layer of dust and sand thick enough to cut. All it would have taken to clean that was a swipe of a dust mop. And the room was at ground floor level with a lovely view of two huge water tanks and a parking lot. It was also next to a path used by the employees as they came and left from work so there was constant noise from loud talking and laughter at all times of the night and early in the morning. Luckily we were early risers. Still not impressing.

We had dinner in the restaurant by our building next to the pool. At best is would be considered cafeteria food. For two people it cost $80.00. Expensive cafeteria! Not impressed! (Note: We drank the water at dinner and had iced drinks. Drank water with meds that night before bed.)

Monday we spent out on the beach. Now that was impressive! Temperature in the mid 80's with a constant stiff breeze to keep you comfortable and beautiful blue water lapping up to that white sand! Can't make one complaint except that if you don't get out there early and claim a spot you may be left to go back to the pool area. (Had lunch at the bar by the pool in front of our building. Had frozen drinks with ice from resort.) During the day I was feeling a little queasy. I just thought it was all the travel or maybe the heat. Little did we know that there was a water issue on the resort.

Tuesday we spent at the Infinity pool. Beautiful pool with an overlook of the golf course. Would have been nicer to overlook the ocean but it was okay for what they had to work with. Once again, if you don't get there early you will not get a good spot. Had a drink at the swim up bar. They served frozen alcoholic beverages in 8 oz. plastic cups made from resort ice and charge the price of what you would pay for a 13 oz. drink at a regular bar. Around 9 bucks a pop plus the added 15% gratuity. Not impressed. We personally observed a lady throwing up near the pool and I was still feeling a little queasy at this point. Around 3:30 PM, the cleaning staff came to the room and presented us with 4 bottles of bottled water with no reason given. We thought they were finally attempting to impress us. Boy were we wrong. We went out for my wife's birthday and when we returned, there were 4 additional bottles of water in the room with a letter stating they had identified a water contamination event and that they were working with the government to resolve the issue and that they currently believe the water to be safe but wanted us to us the bottled water. There was no date listed as to when the contamination was discovered. That night I was able to truly enjoy the contamination event as I was a frequent occupier of our bathroom. For several hours I enjoyed what some have described as 'abdominal distress'. I would call it explosive diarrhea! Most definitely not impressed!

On Wednesday I awoke feeling better but still queasy. We decided to avoid the ocean and pools and opted for some sightseeing. When we arrived back at Divi there was an entire case of water in our room with another letter stating that the water company now recommends the Divi perform a chlorine treatment. At this point my wife and I wondered just what had we ingested when we drank water on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Chlorine treatments are really drastic so what was in that water that had the Divi so concerned? Not impressed and worried at this point.

On Thursday we opted for the pool closest to our room in case the bathroom was needed in a hurry since I was still queasy. Still concerned over the water, I attempted to contact the General Manager, Asst. General Manager and even the GM's secretary. No one would pick up the phone and all answering services were turned off. I instead call the on duty manager at the front desk and asked him about the water issue. His response was simply "everything is Okay"! This was his response to every question I asked so it was obvious that he was told to say nothing. Not impressed and getting angry!

On Friday we took a day tour to get away from the Divi. Upon our return we found another letter. "On behalf of Divi Village & Golf Resort we sincerely apologize for the distress and inconvenience tis unfortunate event has caused." The letter went on to say that they are conducting more tests and are flushing the lines additional times. But the line that caught me was "For guests who experienced any discomfort, we urge you to focus on feeling better and getting home safely." Did that sound like 'just shut up and go home' or is that just me! They also said if you had any questions or concerns to call Owner & Guest Relations. Well had called them on Wednesday and they informed us that the issue was being addressed locally. Pass the buck!!! Not impressed, angry now and ready to go home!

Saturday we spent out on the beach. I was still feeling queasy but it was manageable. Spent the entire day away from the Divi buildings and soaked in the sun and view of the ocean. Went out for our last evening here and returned. No letter this time. My surprise hit around 2:00 AM that morning. I guess my body could not fight off this bug anymore and I spent the rest of the night on the throne or sleeping on the floor in the bathroom. I honestly thought I would not be allowed to get on a plane since I was so sick. My wife went to the front desk to check out and asked about the water issue and got the same canned responses we got all week. I was able to regroup myself enough to get out of the Divi.....alive!

The way this placed handled the contamination can be summed up in one word...negligent! They subjected many people to contaminated water, the majority of which are retired and/or elderly which makes them more vulnerable. They should have announced the continuation as soon as it was found and dealt with it professionally in a caring manner. Instead I think they were probably hoping the event would not sicken anyone and they would not need to mention it at all. They put reputation ahead of the quests health and safety. The actions of the Divi were reprehensible!

Shame on you Divi!

You would hope that the Aruban Government would conduct an investigation and levy fines against Divi as well as some calls for Divi to recoup the time lost from vacations.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank David B
DiviResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Hi David,

We profoundly and sincerely apologize for the distress, inconvenience and disruption you and your wife encountered during your stay. We understand your health concerns and the importance of your vacation time. Please contact Owner & Guest Relations at Divi Hotels Marketing: 888-863-6822 or waterissue@diviresorts.com so that we can speak with you further.

Since the contamination event occurred, we have completely redesigned the water system to ensure its future safety. The new design has been approved by the Aruba Health Department and eliminates any possible connection between the irrigation and drinking water systems. Following weeks of regular water testing under the supervision of the Aruba Health Department we received an all-clear notice on March 21, 2016.

Again, we are so very sorry and know that the stress this event has caused you cannot be undone, but we hope that we will have the chance to make it up to you in some way. Our
Owner & Guest Relations department looks forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

What a great visit.

Sorry for the length, I always like to be as specific as possible when writing my reviews. We just came home from 5 days at the Divi Golf & Beach resort. We had a wonderful time.

Our room was perfect for a family. We had a suite with a King size bed in the 1 bedroom, a kitchen, and a living room with a pull out couch. The queen pull out couch was very comfortable (surprising). The room had two full bathrooms, which were great for a family with two little ones. We requested the maid service, not sure if it is an additional fee, I do not think so. The tap water problems continue for this resort, I do not believe the problem is at the other two Divi resorts. To address the problem, the resort delivered a case of 1 liter bottles everyday, we used them for drinking and brushing our teeth, similar to traveling to other countries without filtered water. We were welcomed with a bottle of wine and sodas, the drinks were not refilled during the week except the water. A grocery store is within walking distance if you would like additional drinks in the evening. Warning for the patio – do not leave your suits on the patio to dry at night, it is very windy and they may blow away. We did not have any trouble with noise from room to room. Our room did not have a DVD player as mentioned in other posts, I believe they maybe available in some of the rooms. The washer and dryer was an added bonus, we brought our own laundry detergent and dryer sheets. We were never approached about the time share option.

The resort looks like it is big on a map but you can easily walk from one to the other. We took advantage of the shuttles because our little ones wanted to enjoy the ride, they fought over the front seat. A little note, if you take the shuttle from the Divi Golf it does not go directly to the Divi Aruba, the shuttle will drop you off at a shuttle exchange at the Tamarijn and then you take another shuttle to the Divi Aruba. The shuttle will take you to the Casino also. We did not have to wait more than 5 minutes for a shuttle, if you have to wait a few minutes longer, ask the concierge, they will call for you.

To address the chair situation, I agree with most of the posts, if you are not up early you will not get a chair by the pool or on the beach. We learned to get chairs on the grass section under one of the palm tree covers. We always ended up next to a hammock which made the kids happy. We found the grassy area to be less windy which was perfect to see the ocean while watching the Iguanas wander around. We usually did not head to the beach until about 9:30 and never had any problems finding space.

The food was great. We went to the buffet for breakfast, omelets, eggs benedict, waffles, pancakes, fruit, meats, cheese, pastries, cereal. The only thing missing was mimosas that made me very sad. We tried the buffet for lunch one day, but, my little one with food allergies did not like anything available. Everyone was great about his allergies. The only problem we had was ordering a brownie Sunday at Mulligans our last night and realized it had nuts in it before he tried it. We had not told our waitress, so it was our fault. Anyone we talked to was very accommodating with his many food allergies. We ate lunch at the pizza bar most days, it is fun to count the iguanas in the rafters. Alexander at the pizza bar in the Divi Aruba was always so friendly and accommodating with our needs. Do not miss the parrots beside the bar. The restaurants for dinner were wonderful, Mulligans was our favorite. It is nice to have the all inclusive on the Golf side. We could use our bands at Mulligans, Sea Breeze, and the Infinity Pool bar and grill. If you go to any of these restaurants you will need to sign the check, but will not get charged. We did tip at Mulligans for the two nights we went, we had such great service and the food was out of this world. I know people mention tipping, I think it is a personal choice, some people tip while others do not. I do not think our service changed if we tipped or if we did not. The Red Parrot and Paparazzi were wonderful restaurants, be prepared to spend at least an hour and a half to two hours if you have little ones and would like to get them to bed. Everyone is on island time, which is always appreciated if you do not have cranky little ones. The restaurants are happy to give you a to go cup of wine if you ask, which was great with early bed times. We made reservations in the lobby first thing in the morning at 9. You can make reservations for three days at a time. We found it was hard to get reservations the first day we were there but had no problems for the other days.

The pools were great. I read reviews about the Infinity pool and how it was old and falling apart. I admit, the slides steps looked a little worn, but very safe. The kids enjoyed it immensely. The infinity pool edges were a little worn missing tiles, but who cares, the view over the golf course and sitting at the swim up bar makes up for it. If you do not like those options, jump in the hot tub and have a yummy drink to end your day. The pools at the Divi Aruba were always busy. Note to families with little ones, besides one small pool the rest are pretty deep and over little ones heads, bring arm floats.

The ocean was gorgeous. We could not go in for one day because it was a little too rough. The island is very windy. We did not find the sand rough when walking into the ocean except for about one foot of space. The sand is overall beautiful white soft sand. We did not take advantage of any of the water sports so I do not know if they are an additional cost.

Kids – we were a little worried our two would not have anyone to play with. We found kids around their age everywhere. We looked at the kids club but decided to keep the kids with us. The kids found friends at every pool we went too, children from all different countries including the US. It was fun to watch them communicate even though they did not speak the same language. We requested a babysitter for one night. If you can request Katie, she is wonderful!! Katie has lived on the island for years, she knows the resort and is a student at one of the local universities. We loved talking to her. The resorts charges were $17 an hour with $3 for each additional child. They have a minimum of three hours.

I have to give a shout out for our favorite bar tenders at the bar behind the pizza bar in the Divi Aruba. Always friendly, laughing along with the guests, it did not seem like they ignored anyone as previous posts have suggested. Ask for a drink list, they have quite a list. So cute with our little ones when they came up and requested ice cream.

The resort is easily accessible from the airport; I believe we were on the bus for about 10 minutes. The bus picks you up about 3 and ½ hours before your flight, we thought this was a little excessive until we reached the airport. The check in process maybe long but it includes customs on the United States side. You will check your bags, go through Aruba security and then go into the American customs section. In the American customs section you will declare all of your items, pick up your bags again and deposit them to your airline. It may take a little longer on the front side but landing in the US and not having to stand in lines was a welcome surprise. I would suggest snacks and distractions for little ones.

A great trip, looking forward to returning next year! Please email me if you have specific questions.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank NCgirl1
TheDiviResorts, General Manager at Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Hi NCgirl1,

Thank you for your in-depth review. I know that many future travelers will find this information very helpful. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take full advantage of our taxi service, in-room washer dryer, on-site restaurants, and babysitting service. We are so excited for you and your family to stay with us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2016

This was our first trip to Aruba.Our room had a lovely view of the pool and our stay was great! The room was clean but the bathrooms and kitchen could use a bit of update. The internet was out for a day but hey, your on a beautiful island on vacation!
I would stay at the Golf Resort again if I go back to Aruba.
The balcony was a great size.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family