“Quintessential Provence!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Pam J
“Quintessential Provence! ”
Reviewed 12 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Wow, where do we start? Face au Luberon was an incredible experience! We travel all over the world, but very extensively in France. I can honestly say, with no hesitation, this is one of the best properties in which we have ever stayed. We stayed with Florence and Frances for a month in both the Lavender and Iris gîtes. Suffice it to say, we really made ourselves at home!

Florence was very communicative and helpful throughout the reservations process, addressing any questions and providing help if needed. When we arrived, she greeted us and showed us the property. Also, there is a "welcome booklet" and numerous brochures in the gîte, with information and recommendations on everything from the famous Provençal markets to restaurants to boulangeries with the best baguette.

A bottle of regional champagne and homemade fig jam were waiting for us in the gîte! Of course, we drank it at sunset our first night, pairing the jam with local cheeses we bought at the outdoor market. The strawberries and cherries on their property had just ripened, and they were kind enough to share them with us. Delicious!

The beautifully-decorated gîtes were fully-equipped and very clean. The Lavender gîte faces North, with exquisite views of the property. At sunrise, I loved sitting on the vine-covered, trellised patio, surrounded by roses, irises and camellias, sipping cafe and nibbling on a croissant. Peter Mayle could probably knock a few more books out sitting here, capturing the essence of Provençal living.

Yes, speaking of Provençal living...the pool and extensive grounds were breathtaking. My jaw pretty much dropped when I saw it, because photos could never do Face au Luberon justice. From one side of the pool, you can sit next to the irises and trees, looking at the regal Luberon mountains in the distance. From the other side, you are surrounded by camellias and roses bushes, with blooms bigger than cat heads, as we say in the Southern United States ;) I kept thinking THIS is quintessential Provence, and I wonder if I can just pitch a tent here after our stay...the property is so vast, would they notice, ha?! There are several areas to have dinner or drinks, or just to relax in a hammock. And if you are up for Pétanque, grab a bottle of rosé and watch the sunset.
The parking area was ample and provided tree shade for the car, which was helpful in keeping the car cooler during the warm sunny days. And, there was a convenient indoor storage area for our bicycles and related gear.

It’s important to note that having stayed all around Provence, we believe this is an ideal location to base for exploring the area. And it’s very convenient to both Cavaillon and L’Isle sur la Sorgue for shopping. All the major “beaux villages” are within from 15 to 45 minutes from here – both on the north and south of the mountain ridge. And, it’s very quiet. Except for the birds that mark the beginning of each new day.
But one of the most memorable parts of our stay were Francis and Florence. They are the most kind, professional and attentive hosts we've had. And they were patient enough to let me practice my French/Franglais, even though I'm sure I made zero sense sometimes.

Without hesitation, we give Face au Luberon our highest recommendation. Like we, you will want to return every year, because it's magical.

Management Response
13 Jun 2017
We won't be abble to thank you enough.
You were our best hosts ! Don't change, you are great.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$ 528
/ Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing