All reviews warm welcome for sunday lunch corned beef pie welsh pub little touches ribeye garlic mushrooms to start owners and staff all enjoyed our meals nice atmosphere served quickly cheesecake maes manor paul table menu portions
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

We arrived at The Rock which we had chosen because of it's location being so close to Maes Manor where we were attending a Wedding. There is Plenty of parking at rear, we were greeted by Jennifer the owner who showed us to our rooms after arranging an early lunch for us as we had to leave quite soon to get church for Wedding . The rooms were beautifully clean ,a good size with spotless bed linen ,towels and en-suite. We had two rooms and were the only guests that were staying this night so we had the well stocked breakfast room all to ourselves! Thank you Jennifer and staff for a great friendly one night stay in The Rock

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

As always perfect. I'm a regular here for food but never thought about a review. You have to have the garlic mushroom starter mmmmmmm. Top class as always.
Staff are very plesent it no complaints. 5 star every time.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

Me and my husbands first sunday meal in nearly 6 years and it was lovely. The owners were lovely and understanding with our son who is nearly 4 and wouldnt sit still. When we have our next meal out we will return. Thank you very much.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2015

Where do I start? I travel extensively throughout the world with work and this was indeed a business stay. From being greeting me in the car park with an umbrella as the Welsh weather was once again being predictable, to my room with everything (and I mean everything...) you could possibly ever think about needing - my stay was one of the best I've had in months and that includes all the swanky 5* hotels. Spotlessly clean and delightfully friendly staff. Free wifi. Lovely help-yourself breakfast with, again, everything you could want. Will I stay here again when next in Wales? Without a doubt...

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

A warm welcome and good service from the staff but must agree with some reviewers that this is pretty standard pub food at gastro pub prices. Would benefit from a set menu for families. Fish and chips with a large piece of battered cod was very nice, starters very small portions for price, some of the puddings clearly bought in offerings. Disappointed to be told by the waitress that no drinks can be ordered and brought to the table so had to get up from the table mid meal , thankfully didn't wait long at the bar to served. In summary overpriced.

Date of stay: April 2015