All reviews sm mall breakfast buffet definitely stay here again swimming pool free wifi nice hotel mini bar filipino style breakfast business travel pedestrian overpass rooms are clean stayed here for nights star hotel comfort room choose this hotel hot water nice stay
Reviewed 22 January 2016

I travel a lot in the south. In Lipa, I have stayed in almost all the decent hotels there. I stay in La Corona for 3 reasons. 1. The friendliness of the staff at the front desk. 2. Privacy in the rooms at the back (The rooms at the back with its own garage are better since they are farther from the main road) 3. Good coffee.
The breakfast buffet needs to improve though since some of the food are something you might not consider as typical breakfast items, but unlike other hotels, at least you have a choice on what to eat.

Room tip: Rooms at the back are quieter since it is farther from the road.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HLCL, Manager at Hotel La Corona de Lipa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Dear Richard D,

Greetings from Hotel La Corona de Lipa. Thank you very much for you positive review about our property. Rest assured that we will continue to strive to give our guests the best memorable stay.

If in the meantime I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at tet@hotellacoronalipa.com.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

Hotel was clean, nice staff, good parking, close by to SM City mall. Was not expecting the hotel to be this nice at the price we paid for. Enjoyed the strong Wifi signal that hotel provide. Very clean pool.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Benjie B,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a good experience and we hope to exceed that when you return. We look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

If in the meantime I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at tet@hotellacoronalipa.com.

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

We booked for 4 nights but we opted to find another hotel because it was that terrible (no refunds - it sucks!) They didn't even give us a wash cloth/ face towel to start with. it was very noisy because rooms are right beside the road where tricycles and jeepneys are raving.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eilran

Dear Eilran,

I was most concerned to hear of the incident that you have mentioned particularly with regards to your reservation. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we believe that it is through guest feedback that we can improve.

Reviewed 8 November 2015

Hotel La Corona de Lipa is perfectly located across the street from SM Mall and the bus terminal. I spent two different nights there in their deluxe room. Both were clean and the bed was confortable. The bathrooms were large and the shower was nice. The rooms needed some TLC and repair and I know they were doing this throughout the hotel. The staff was very helpful. My stay there was very nice except for one issue. Breakfast buffet was amazing. I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed it and the girls that took care of the customers. But when I took a friend/customer there for dinner just the opposite happen. First the waitress was not interested in helping us. She sat behind the desk and read something. Then she got up and open the door to the KTV lounge and bar and let in all the loud noise. Finally after 10 minutes she figured we were not leaving she brought us ONE menu. The food was only average and the door to the KTV bar stayed open making our meal unpleasant until we left. Sorry this one thing made my stay there not so wonderful.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2015

I stayed in a Deluxe Room for more than 15 nights. The room was spacious, the CR was clean, but the stairs leading to my room was old and paint was rubbing off. Had problems with the aircon not functioning but they didnt clean it so there were nights wherein I had trouble sleeping. I had my own parking slot, so didnt have problems parking even though the hotel was fully booked.

Date of stay: August 2015