See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I went to seahorse Hotel with my partner in 2013. They have changed the name since because well... its a dive! and they clearly want to start over again. So like many of the other reviews here i would like to comment on the staff, THEY WERE TERRIBLE! and one of the staff members called MJ was absolutely incapable of not being rude! I felt extremely uncomfortable when he was around as he kept perving on all of the woman at the resort including myself! The staff didn't speak one word of English which okay, we were in turkey but its a bloody tourist hotel!!! hire staff that speak English people!! Our room was disgustingly small and absolutely filthy as we stayed there two weeks and didn't get our room cleaned once!! no bed sheets changed, no new towels and no cutlery when we asked for it. The WIFI was expensive and the food tasted like crud which by the way was also over priced. The best part of it all was wondering why our mattress was so hard, eventually we looked underneath our mattress to see they had stuck two wardrobe doors together!!! What a load of S**T honestly! We did laugh because if we didn't laugh we may have cried aha. One last thing, it is in the middle of nowhere so we ventured out and went on a day cruise which was i have to say incredible (Nothing to do with Seahorse it was a separate business) Also because we were self catering we found a brill little store called SOK which was cheap as hell and we managed to get everything we needed from there, it was only about a ten minute bus journey. So to sum up Seahorse Hotel is a pile of... well you get the jist. Peace!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robyn T
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

From the photos the Turqualty Club / seahorse delux hotel ... or whatever they want to call it looks like luxury 5 star accommodation. ... but at the moment it is far from that. We are currently staying there. None of the bars shops restaurants or facilities are open and dont look like they have been for a while.
We arrived late at night and after waiting for over 10 minutes in reception another guest told us to walk around the side of reception and there was a guy in the office who checked us in.
The room was dirty and had no been checked. .. the soap dispenser in the bathroom had leaked and this was all over the bathroom floor. .. made worse by the fact that a waterpipe under the sink was also leaking ... we cleaned it up and once reported it was fixed a few days later (we placed a saucepan to catch the water)
We also found no toilet roll and one towel missing. .. both of which quickly rectified once we asked.
I looked behind / under one bed and daren't look under anything else as it was filthy.
in the bathroom i found the top of a shampoo bottle a hair grip and some long dark hair around the bath. The bathroom and apartment in general has poor lighting.
The rooms are cramped and there is a lack of furnishings on the balcony .. quickly rectified by my 72 year old husband bringing some chairs up from one of the empty bars. .... the kitchenette is tiny and not very functional. Our sink was also really dirty and the kettle flex had been burnt. . When told they quickly bought us another kettle.
There is a dolmus (local bus) at the end of the road that will take you to altinkum or Didim for 2 lira.
There is a supermarket less than 10 mins walk and the beach is about 15 minutes as is a good restaurant called blue.
The pool is lovely and not too crouded. The hotel seems to be mostly occupied by turkish apartment owners.
If you are looking for a holiday base to go explore it's fine but if you plan on not going out of the accomodation book elsewhere. .. there isn't much nearby and the SC facilities are limited .. I'd reccomend somewhere closer to altinkum.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank sorrelRugby
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I went here a few years ago. It was the most disgusting hotel! Seduced by beautiful pictures. It was not just a dump but the overly flirty staff were just an annoyance. The food was SO SO overpriced, NO local amenities NO paths to walk anywhere on. THE worst 'resort' I have stayed on.

Room Tip: For goodness sakes, do not go.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank S W
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

First of all please do not be believe in those stupid poor feedbacks, as they are coming from people who simply expect that everything will be put on a golden plate and brought right to their feet by slave.

We have enjoyed every second. Of course things need maybe few hours to settle before you see what is what.

But I want to put all the myths to the test.

1. Unfriendly staff /no English
ARE YOU GUYS JOKING??? best staff I ever seen, making effort to help you, very flexible in rules to suits your needs
( example - side door open to let you bring your scooter in which could be a security issue as only main door should stay open over night - but together with lovely lady manager and group of few smart staff everything was sorted quickly)manager and some staff spoken proper english and if you want everyone to talk English around you maybe you should book a holiday in UK?????
(enjoy The weather ha!)

2. Services - I am really sorry that some people had to walk that incredible distance of 10 meters to the office to ask for toilet roll, but I genuinely think that we all use such things in different way so how these guys supposed to know when to bring more, they simply don't want to trouble you in your own time. So pick your bum up and let them know and they will be more than happy to help you.
WiFi was free, air con free, everything I requested was done quicker than expected. REALLY GOOD. Even on last day after we given the room back we were offered a shower facilities as there was still few hours to airport transfer. Appreciated!!! :)

3. Beach/ shops far away.
owwwww again - same story again, we are so sorry that you have to walk!!! Ridiculous!!! It's maybe 25 minutes to walk to the main place with shops beaches and everything.
If you are to lazy to walk just switch your brain on and do what we did - hire a quad bike or a scooter - 5 minutes and you are anywhere you want and it's so much pleasure to ride these things (easy and safe)
Plus there is a lovely market just next troche hotel also full of super friendly local people who speak English, they have everything you need from the shop plus they run a great little restaurant with fabulous food.

4. Cleanless
No issues really. I am ex cleaning manager and I run my own business and trust me all of you that bread and butter you eat in UK on daily basis is made in 10.000 much worst conditions so don't complain about your hotel if your own house is not as clean. Posh expectations of childish people.
I am satisfied.

So if you really want to have enjoyable time this is the place.

I have seen those expensive hotels at main Street in a town.
Big square building full of drunk lads not letting you to enjoy the sun because they can drink 5 times more than paid for. Ridiculous again.

This hotel looks EXACTLY LIKE ON PHOTOS, EVERY DETAIL. Its even nicer) :):):)

Fantastic value for money and I will be back!!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ola Z
Reviewed 23 June 2015

We stayed here late last year when it was actually called the Seahorse Deluxe Hotel ( name has changed for some reason , I wonder why ! )

We are a family of 4, and it was a late summer holiday, a well earned break which was completely ruined by this awful place. This is not a hotel , or even an apartment block its an old complex built for ex-pats which they could not sell.

The staff are rude, no actually disgusting. They do not want to help and the only ones interested in us were the young guys working there and the only reason they were interested was because we have a 15yr old daughter with whom they wanted to jump in bed with !!!

The room we were eventually given after complaining the first one was too small was riddled with mould, cockroaches and just filthy. I've stayed in cleaner places when I used to go on youth hostel holidays in the 70's !!

Be warned this is not the place you will expect, the 'library' pictures were taken over 6yrs ago when the place was originally built to sell to the expats, it is not a true reflection of what its like now. Its run down and needs a complete makeover, you can see that it once was probably a lovely place, far from it now.

My advice would be stay well away, the village its in is lovely and Altinkum is ok for a tourist town, just ruined by this hotel !!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family